It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arby's French Dip Sandwich Sucks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Today I thought I'd pop over to an Arby's to try their new French Dip sandwich. I generally love French Dip sandwiches - a local pub here makes a good one, and Quiznos makes an excellent one, though it is a bit expensive.

Anyway, I was in line at Quiznos when I remembered the new commercials for Arby's French Dips, so I went way the hell out of my way over to the nearest mall's food court to check it out.

It is horrible. Stay away. The au jus is pretty good, but the sandwich has nothing appetizing about it. It is composed of bland roast beef on a bun, and NOTHING ELSE. No cheese. No french onion sauce. Arby's has a couple good sandwiches on their menu, so I have no idea why they decided to suddenly spend so much money promoting their worst sandwich.

You've been warned!

Zip

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I used to like Arby's roast beef. Then mad cow closed the US/Canada border.For all of North America the beef for Arby's used to come from the same place. But now Canada has it's own supplier and they just don't process the beef the same. Beef n Cheddars used to be my favorite. Now the beef just tastes bland
Everything else on the menu is too expensive for my liking so I haven't had Arby's in a long time.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Arby's actually has had the French Dip for some time, then discontinued it, and brought it back. What many don't know is this, they've ALWAYS had the aus jus itself. I usually order a 6" Roast Beef w/ Swiss, and then a couple sides of aus jus. It's much better that way, and I do love their aus jus.

join