It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kim Jong-Il Has Chosen a Successor (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Hmm, it seems the planned dynasty of the Kims are continuing, he sidesteps his firstborn, and hands the mantle to his 2nd son. Who unfortunately, loves the All-American game which is Basketball

www.worldtribune.com
North Korean leader Kim Jong-Il has decided to pass the mantle of leadership to his second son, Kim Jong-Chol, according to AERA magazine, a publication of Japan's Asahi Shimbun newspaper.

AERA quoted an informed official as saying Kim Jong-Il has made up his mind to transfer his power to his 24-year-old son.

North Korea has already begun political indoctrination campaigns during the past several months exalting "the Commander" Kim Jong-Chol as the legitimate successor to his father's personality cult, the weekly said.

Such a campaign would be unimaginable without the direct blessing of the North Korean leadership, it said. "The Commander" could make an appearance at a ceremony marking the 60th anniversary of the ruling Workers Party on Oct. 10, AERA said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Well, we will see how this bodes, if he will continue and follow in his father's footsteps.

Mod Edit: Fixed Kim Jongs Name

[edit on 10/4/05 by FredT]

[edit on 10/4/05 by FredT]

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
This could be a turning point, sicne you said he loves basetball he might..... i say might just get NK to become US's allie... or if he follows his father footsteps... then things might not turn out as good.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   
He may love the NBA but it's still a tall man's game.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
It's Kim Jong-Il not Kim Jong-11.

I doubt this will do anything to change the situation between the DPRK and the U.S.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Aint that the truth. For an insight on the Family of Crazy Kim, take a look at this post I made some time ago:

If you thought that Kim Jong-il was a whack, wait till you meet the rest of the family

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I thought you had to have testicles to reproduce...
modern wonders never cease...

thanks Fredt for the intro to the Adams family...

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Perhaps tomorrow he'll make one of his trademark changes of mind and appoint a tuna sandwich as his heir apparent.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I only opened this thread to see if it was me.

This really hurts.

Pope I understood. Supreme Court Justice? Okay.

Why can't they at least give me a small dictatorship though?

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   
It really is a shame to see that country run under Kim Jong Il...I'm guessing his firstborn isn't enough of a hardliner to take over the reigns of dad...

new topics

top topics

join