It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My take on voting rules ... do I have this right?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Vote yes when:
the headline represents the content
the intro represents the content with no bias
the source is an actual (at least semi respectable) source

Send a “fix” if any of the above need corrected

Vote no only when:
There is really no story, an inappropriate story or the repeat of an existing one.
The grammar is atrocious
The poster will not “fix” items that needed correcting

Whether or not the voter agrees or disagrees with the story, personal comments and/or opinions of the body of the post should be expressed in a reply on the thread.

[edit on 10/4/05 by reblazed]

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by reblazed

Whether or not the voter agrees or disagrees with the story, personal comments and/or opinions of the body of the post should be expressed in a reply on the thread.

But wouldn't that take the topic off course? Visitors to ATSNN want to read about the story not issues of voting on the story.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Sorry, I didn't make my thoughts clear.

The voter's opinion of the content of the story should not be a basis on which way he/she decides to vote.

thanks for pointing that out.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
That is my take on the rules.

One other point. You shouldn't vote down an OP/ED because of bias. Opinions are personal and are naturally bias. News stories on the other hand should be reported neutrally though again the comment at the end is not subject to that neutality criteria.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Thanks, Jb1.

After reading recent posts re: voting I thought I might have over simplified it.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I think we need a way to contact the poster, so we can say what is wrong with the story if we so wish but without seeing who we are U2Uing...

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   
All replies are correct. I especially like the idea of being able to U2U the authour without knowing who you are sending to. Definately something I would suggest in the council if elected.

top topics

join