It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wormhole Technology inc. graphics

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   

PPS: Is Subspace a part of our universe, or another universe all unto itself? (alternate dimension)

Its not supposed to be an alternate dimension but, long story short, there is no answer what exactly it is. I have never been there!

apc

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I feel subspace can be regarded as the 4th physical dimension. Everything exists in it, as it is a part of our physical universe, however it remains beyond perception. I've often speculated that perhaps it is where our energetic entity exists... what religion refers to as the "soul" could in fact just be the "energy" that all life carries with it, existing in this unseen physical dimension. This also gives a possible explanation for phenomena such as telepathy, clairvoyance, "ghosts" etc.

I've even thought of subspace as being comprised entirely of energy, and all matter in our 3 physical dimensions is merely this energy "fizzling" through like static, condensed.

In this dimension, all points are connected (what gives us quantum entanglement). Therefore it is just a matter of opening two holes and "pointing" them at eachother. The method of direction could be as simple as some sort of quantum address. Or perhaps constructing the two devices out of entangled material, automatically linking them.

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   
wow im being so lazy. Lets just say its everything and nothing.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Wow so it sounds like subspace has some real spirituality/paranormal tie-ins.

wow im being so lazy. Lets just say its everything and nothing

Lol. That's exactly what Taoists would describe "The Tao" as.

Everything exists in it, as it is a part of our physical universe, however it remains beyond perception. I've often speculated that perhaps it is where our energetic entity exists... what religion refers to as the "soul" could in fact just be the "energy" that all life carries with it, existing in this unseen physical dimension. This also gives a possible explanation for phenomena such as telepathy, clairvoyance, "ghosts" etc.

Hmm oddly enough, this sounds exactly what people have been referring to as the "Astral Plane" for quite some time. You might want to look into Astral Projection, even though the topic may be considered a little bit 'out-there' for the Science And Technology forum. Essentially it is said to be a plane of reality slightly above ours, that we go to every night in our sleep, and that you can also go to conciously with proper concentration techniques etc etc.

If the connection exists like I am hearing from you two, there may be far, far easier ways of the type of travel you are trying to facilitate. It may not directly tie in, but you may be able to take some of the basic concepts to increase your understanding on how to make a wormhole, if indeed the "astral plane" IS synonymous with "subspace".

There have also been reports through history of spiritually adept people suddenly vanishing from this physical dimension and going to another dimension known as "jinn state", and then coming out at a completely different place. Such an example is Jesus rescuing Mary Magdalene from being stoned to death, and suddenly disappearing out of nowhere. If this is the case, a wormhole may not even be necessary. The answer may lie in the human brain itself. (which I probably believe is much more powerful than you guys, but oh well)

Then subspace may also be like an "infinite universal conciousness" that we are all tied into. Haha. But now I'm really getting too deep for the science portion of things, so I'll stop for now.

Okay one more crazy thought. Perhaps subspace is just on a different vibrational level than our world. Like how we can't see infrared light because it's wavelength is undetectable to our sight, or hear ultrasonic sounds. If there was a way to change the vibrational state of our body with some device other than a wormhole, it may be possible to experience subspace physically.

[edit on 23-10-2005 by Yarcofin]

apc

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Okay one more crazy thought. Perhaps subspace is just on a different vibrational level than our world. Like how we can't see infrared light because it's wavelength is undetectable to our sight, or hear ultrasonic sounds. If there was a way to change the vibrational state of our body with some device other than a wormhole, it may be possible to experience subspace physically.

Actually I believe it is more a physical limitation of our brains. We really only perceive 2 dimensions.. everything is just assembled in our brains in a "pseudo 3-dimensional fasion." It ties into our simulated depth perception but goes beyond that, into our actual cognitive ability to perceive reality. When we think about a 3D box, for example, we can try all we want to imagine the entire box. But our brain is really only processing a 2D side here, a 2D side there, and then assembling them.

I think it is simply a matter of our inability to perceive above 2 dimensions. A physical neural limitation that prohibits us from conciously being aware of this 4th physical dimension. However, our subconcious minds may have a much tighter association with this alleged "energy" giving it an apparent perception of this dimension.

As far as "shifting" from place to place by mere thought alone, I feel that does lie in the realm of witchcraft and fairy tale. Even if it were possible for our 4th dimensional beings to translocate, 3 dimensional physics would prohibit such an act from taking place without some method being undertaken to alter 3 dimensional space.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Wow maybe your right! i never even considered the other aspects of it (paranormal, psychic etc). gives me a lot to think about
LOL i bet this thread has raised our IQ's a bit

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I hope my ideas didn't kill the thread
. It was just getting interesting. I hope to hear more from people on the topic, as well as maybe even give some more of my input if I think any up. Let's keep discussing the theories and maybe we will figure out a way to actually make this thing, if we bring enough of our combined expertise all together.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Nah they didnt kill it, i just didnt reply cause ive been away.

I havent got anything useful to say so i will reply soon

apc

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin
... if we bring enough of our combined expertise all together.

Sure... you bring the quantum physicists, mathematicians, and investors... I'll bring the pizza and beer.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I just thought of something. I dont know why it didnt click sooner. We're talking about a controlled gravity well right (in so many words.) well if its not enough to create wormhole travel, could it be adapted for faster than light travel, i mean, say, convert a ship to warp space, a technology that by this time we will have already developed, and we have warp drive?

[edit on 4-11-2005 by Shadow88]

apc

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Are you talking about creating a gravity well located at the forward bow of the ship? So it 'drags' the ship behind it, while maintaining its position relative to the ship? Kinda like hanging a twinkie in front of a fat person on a treadmill?

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
In so many words i guess that is what i meant. Sorry that last post was a tad sketchy, i had to write fast. I dont know how it would be accomplished, after all i dont have a gravity well to hand!
we will see.

EDIT: lol i just realised i keep ending my posts with
!

[edit on 5-11-2005 by Shadow88]

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I have often thought about subspace 'tunels'. from research I've read, I'd say its posible to create a bubble of normal and 'plow' through subspace with two forward facing energy beams. this might help with the gate idea...People can create artificial supernovae with a small sphere which is the same as a star before it explodes (element wise) and fire a laser at it, they do this in a missile silo in america. This might be able to be used as a source for the energy or sumpin'. I've tried to find some info but got noware...it comes up with every peice of software called 'supernova' (which is a lot
). I thought that a reactor with a supernova in and a load of other 'ion beams' and more stuff which sounds like it comes from star trek, an energy could be sifened off and fed in to the feild/plow generator...dunno...its an idea
As to what subspace is. Space is in layers...like an onion...or an ogre
, and sub space is like the inner runing track, its quicker to go round than the outer track.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I found his page...the supernova stuff is called omega...I think
Drake Research lab
The image below is a star before it dies:

From What I can tell...he has a tube with a cross section like this...smaller than a pin head...and fires a laser with 20x more energy than electrical energy is running through the US at any one time at the target.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   
www.newscientist.com... This is like what u guys said!!!

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Yes i know. I knew this would happen because ive seen it, before I travelled back in time to tell you.

By the way that was a lie. Im in a very synical mood.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Hey guys,

To add to your already impressive list of ideas, I have either read, heard or hallucinated that extremely high voltages can "rip" a hole in spacetime, I dunno, maybe thats useful, maybe not, but to me it seems to fit in logically with everything else thats been said.

Keep up the good work, ill be reading avidly

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Don't know, though anything is possible. It would probably take more energy than a supernova.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I've been reading this post, I've got a few ideas of my own - one on worm holes and one on warp technology - worm holes look like two points in time and space with a funnel connecting them, if you was to create two large magnetic field in a disc shape at the same frequencies and connected the feilds by a funnel - i supose this would surfice, you can also create lateral magnetic feilds with the X field generator like a MRI scaner?

The warp drive might be a large magnetic bubble with ion drives, the feild could be modulated to create a ripple efect or....wrap the ship or craft in a large electrostatic feild and desperse this in the opostie direction to the direction required, well it's just a thought.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join