It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giants In The Bible

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 10:35 AM
link   
He is a list of passages from the Bible that contain the word "Giant". Does anyone think there may be some truth in this? Could it be true that giants walked the earth in those days, and what are the chances they still exsist, somewhere?

Ge 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Nu 13:33 And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.
Jos 18:16 And the border came down to the end of the mountain that lieth before the valley of the son of Hinnom, and which is in the valley of the giants on the north, and descended to the valley of Hinnom, to the side of Jebusi on the south, and descended to Enrogel,
Jos 17:15 And Joshua answered them, If thou be a great people, then get thee up to the wood country, and cut down for thyself there in the land of the Perizzites and of the giants, if mount Ephraim be too narrow for thee.
Jos 15:8 And the border went up by the valley of the son of Hinnom unto the south side of the Jebusite; the same is Jerusalem: and the border went up to the top of the mountain that lieth before the valley of Hinnom westward, which is at the end of the valley of the giants northward
:Jos 13:12 All the kingdom of Og in Bashan, which reigned in Ashtaroth and in Edrei, who remained of the remnant of the giants: for these did Moses smite, and cast them out.
Jos 12:4 And the coast of Og king of Bashan, which was of the remnant of the giants, that dwelt at Ashtaroth and at Edrei,
De 3:1 Then we turned, and went up the way to Bashan: and Og the king of Bashan came out against us, he and all his people, to battle at Edrei.
De 3:3 So the Lord our God delivered into our hands Og also, the king of Bashan, and all his people: and we smote him until none was left to him remaining.
De 3:13 And the rest of Gilead, and all Bashan, being the kingdom of Og, gave I unto the half tribe of Manasseh; all the region of Argob, with all Bashan, which was called the land of giants.
De 2:10 The Emims dwelt therein in times past, a people great, and many, and tall, as the Anakims;

De 2:11 Which also were accounted giants, as the Anakims; but the Moabites call them Emims.
De 2:19 And when thou comest nigh over against the children of Ammon, distress them not, nor meddle with them: for I will not give thee of the land of the children of Ammon any possession; because I have given it unto the children of Lot for a possession.
De 2:20 (That also was accounted a land of giants: giants dwelt therein in old time; and the Ammonites call them Zamzummims;

De 2:21 A people great, and many, and tall, as the Anakims; but the Lord destroyed them before them; and they succeeded them, and dwelt in their stead:
1Ch 20:1 And it came to pass, that after the year was expired, at the time that kings go out to battle, Joab led forth the power of the army, and wasted the country of the children of Ammon, and came and besieged Rabbah. But David tarried at Jerusalem. And Joab smote Rabbah, and destroyed it.
1Ch 20:2 And David took the crown of their king from off his head, and found it to weigh a talent of gold, and there were precious stones in it; and it was set upon David's head: and he brought also exceeding much spoil out of the city.

1Ch 20:3 And he brought out the people that were in it, and cut them with saws, and with harrows of iron, and with axes. Even so dealt David with all the cities of the children of Ammon. And David and all the people returned to Jerusalem.
1Ch 20:4 And it came to pass after this, that there arose war at Gezer with the Philistines; at which time Sibbechai the Hushathite slew Sippai, that was of the children of the giant: and they were subdued.

1Ch 20:5 And there was war again with the Philistines; and Elhanan the son of Jair slew Lahmi the brother of Goliath the Gittite, whose spear staff was like a weaver's beam.
1Ch 20:6 And yet again there was war at Gath, where was a man of great stature, whose fingers and toes were four and twenty, six on each hand, and six on each foot: and he also was the son of the giant.
1Ch 20:7 But when he defied Israel, Jonathan the son of Shimea David's brother slew him.

1Ch 20:8 These were born unto the giant in Gath; and they fell by the hand of David, and by the hand of his servants.
2Sa 21:16 And Ishbibenob, which was of the sons of the giant, the weight of whose spear weighed three hundred shekels of brass in weight, he being girded with a new sword, thought to have slain David.
2Sa 21:20 And there was yet a battle in Gath, where was a man of great stature, that had on every hand six fingers, and on every foot six toes, four and twenty in number; and he also was born to the giant.
2Sa 21:22 These four were born to the giant in Gath, and fell by the hand of David, and by the hand of his servants.

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 11:13 AM
link   
The funny thing is when a giant skeleton is discovered it is usually spirited away and nobody ever hears about it again. ( I almost said "nobody hears FROM it again." LOL)

HERE ARE LOTS OF THREADS ABOUT GIANTS

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Oh yeah.....
Past ATS topic with LOADS of links and information of on Giants/Nephilim/etc.:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Great links with loads of information.

regards
seekerof

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Oh yeah.....
Past ATS topic with LOADS of links and information of on Giants/Nephilim/etc.:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Great links with loads of information.

regards
seekerof

Lol,
welcome to our world pal.

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 03:01 PM
link   
must be do to the giants...
either ego...
or soul of...

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 02:39 AM
link   
They still exist. Look at:
www.thesolomongiants.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 10:29 PM
link   
the giants were called the nephilim. They were the offspring of angels and humans.

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 10:53 PM
link   
You know some chinese people think someone more than 6-6 is a giant.

I have some Chinese freinds, and very tall friends when my chinese parents see these extremly tall freinds of mine thier jaws drop.

You also have to remember in those days the average hight was much short than it is now.
Or so i think?, I remember hearing this somewhere and it sounds a bit right.

Being said im sure a man standing well over 6-3 could have been something of amazment to a society in those days.

Deep

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 11:21 PM
link   
maybe they were trippin out on mushrooms

we were in our own sight as grasshoppers

i dunno but seeing like grasshoppers suggests hallucinating to me.... and i've read that fly agaric mushrooms were popular among ppl back then

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 03:33 PM
link   
giants may have existed back than. Or it could have just been really tall people.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 06:05 PM
link   
buddy-
read the discussion that Fury linked to a few posts above. It'll tell you everything you want to know, as well as stuff you didn't/

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
You know some chinese people think someone more than 6-6 is a giant.

I have some Chinese freinds, and very tall friends when my chinese parents see these extremly tall freinds of mine thier jaws drop.

You also have to remember in those days the average hight was much short than it is now.
Or so i think?, I remember hearing this somewhere and it sounds a bit right.

Being said im sure a man standing well over 6-3 could have been something of amazment to a society in those days.

Deep

I do remember seeing a TV program that covered this a little - a general history program, but it went to several old (14/15/16th century)? buildings in the UK and the doorways were much shorter than even the avarage man of today.

I'm about 5'11" and I've viststed several local old buildings where I had to duck and bend to enter.

I don't know what constitutes a "giant", but we are taller now than people were then.

top topics

join