It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Instead of the English talking and complianing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
about the US anti-terrorism laws (and everything else for that matter):

They should be paying attention to their own 'back yard'.

This is unbelievable........you talk about the US being bad when it comes to laws........

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
And that just goes to prove how ludicrous the title to this thread is.
Do you paint all English men by what you linked to?

Absolute ,and utter rubbish.

I for one have never bad mouthed or brought down any American in my life. Your statement tends to blanket all English people.

Facts are needed by before you go on to spout out against all English people. The Guardian is not best tabloid to get your stories from.

You might have guessed by now that i am from England. I don't agree with a lot of their policies etc, but then again what person would agree all the time? I'm sure you have just the same in America.

England bashing? Go for it, you will end up making no friends on here with titles like this, and have people believing we are all the same.

Eddie signing off

[edit on 4-10-2005 by Bikereddie]

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The perspective is too nearsighted for the way this post is introduced, but it does have a valid point.

Could have been titled plainly "Another step backwards".

To say that one should shut up and look in their own backyard seems to imply that folks can't focus on more than one thing. If the link is fact it is definately another wrong done and folks should be screaming about it.

However, I can scream about more than one thing at a time.

...and talking and complaining about some things is usually a first step forward.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
OK, OK...............

I have calmed down now

After my initial outburst, which i have to admit was straight off the cuff, i have to apologize for it. It is not the way i would normally do things.

Having taken the time to read the link again, i still think what is contained there is ludicrous.

The title of this thread, as you say Godservant could have been a bit more tactful, but hey, we are only human, and these things happen.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
for my English cousins.

Sure, point out stupid laws all you like, my country has a plethora. But the intent of this post was to engage in hostilities. No doubt. As for any English who have done the same thing regarding American laws...well, I guess you just lowered yourself to their level now havn't you?

It never occurs to you people that some of us actually care about our friends in other countries. I would appreciate if Americans like yourself pointed out flaws in our laws with the intent of trying to help us out. A protest if you like. But no, you entered into this with a view to starting a fight.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Whats that? We burnt your capital in the war of 1812 and you never got over it?

Nothing to do with the topic, but an example of more nationalist nonsense.

We complain because our nations are friends, and when you see a friend doing something stupid you tell them. Now we all know that America is a living example of perfection, Katrinia showed us what you were able to do in a crisis, but every now and then you make mistakes and we like to help by pointing it out.

In the same vein when terrible laws like this are passed in the UK and ignored by the people, yet noticed in the USA we appreciate it if you would drum up some fuss, make a point of it and draw our attention to it.

Its what friends do (beyond laughing at the others mistakes..)

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   
The disease that's spreading through the nations of the world at the moment is a global issue, not a national one. It's disappointing that the thread starter would try to turn this into some sort of bizarre competition regarding who has the worst government. Perhaps the title of the thread should have been, "
NYA NYA NYA NYANYA NYAAA!! Blair and Galloway, sittin' in a tree..."

If we can't stick together as people, then TPTB have won. They don't care for national boundaries and will gladly betray their own countries for their own gain. Bickering and fighting between nations' peoples over who's being oppressed more is playing right into their hands, as is blind patriotism. Pride is the enemy of positive change. Time to admit the truth, that all of our nations, particularly in the West, have a cancer that needs to be cut out. When you have cancer, you don't point at other cancer patients and tell them they're worse off than you; you go to the doctor to get help, and you give support to each other.

Let's keep the anger focused where it's useful, i.e. on the governments and corporations and international bankers that are doing all this.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   
The US is the last country in the world to complain about someone else's laws. We have more laws than anyone, and half of them we don't even use anymore. Do you know that in my state Tennessee, if more than 5 female women live in a house together they can be arrested under the pretext of prostitution? All the Colleges cannot have Sorority houses for this exact reason. (course it wouldn't be to far from the truth

I'm all for these laws in England! Besides how else do you contain those crazy soccer fans in Britian?

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
The UK is a police state in all but name. Any country that keeps hold of DNA and records on innocent people once charges against them have been dropped qualifies in my opinion.

new topics

top topics

join