It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephanopoulos: President Bush Directly Involved In Leak Scandal?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Definitely a political problem but I wonder, George Will, do you think it’s a manageable one for the White House especially if we don’t know whether Fitzgerald is going to write a report or have indictments but if he is able to show as a source close to this told me this week, that President Bush and Vice President Cheney were actually involved in some of these discussions.

the video is available at crooksandliars.com
about 2/3 the way down.

While I do not doubt that Stephanopoulos has sources close to the investigation, I thought that a president could not be indicted except by congress. Maybe they will be indicting him, maybe not.

This sounds almost too good to be true. I know that Flocco has been "discredited" as far as many of your are concerned on this issue, But now George Stephanopoulos is talking about "sources". And I know that this in no way proves that indictments are coming down or that being involved in "discussions" are necessarily criminal, however I think that they would be depending upon the nature of those discussions.

What I want to ask from all of you is what do you think will happen to the US government if both Bush AND Cheney are indicted and convicted? Who will rule? Gore?? Rummy? What will happen? an early election?

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Halfofone
What I want to ask from all of you is what do you think will happen to the US government if both Bush AND Cheney are indicted and convicted? Who will rule? Gore?? Rummy? What will happen? an early election?

I don't believe anything Stephanopoulos says, but to answer your question the Speaker of the House (Dennis Hastert) would become President if both the President and Vice President were simultaneously removed from office.

[edit on 10/4/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   
What about Stephanopoulos do you mis-trust?

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   
lawnorder.blogspot.com...
markinmexico.blogspot.com...

Finally, Fitzgerald has to prove that Plame's occupation was a secret until Novak disclosed it. Since an awful lot of journalists on the D.C. cocktail party circuit knew it, that's a tough row to hoe.

So if Fitzgerald isn't pursuing a vendetta against Miller, he must be pursuing a related crime. Perhaps someone fudged, or lied outright, in grand jury testimony, and Fitzgerald can hang them on a Martha Stewart offense.

If so, I doubt that Rove lied. A first year law school student should be able to get him off on the leaking rap, so he'd be a fool to lie. The worst that could happen to him is that he'd get fired, and he'd have no difficulty finding other, more lucrative employment.

It's also pretty plain that Miller is protecting someone else, and -- if Fitzgerald isn't just being a jerk -- he's done something pretty bad. I think the biggest shoes are yet to drop in this case, and that the news media won't like them when they do.This could be the beginning off the end.

Let's see what we have so far. Bush was seven months into his second term. Things were not looking pretty. And now, in the eight month, we can add these little nuggets into the fray:

+ Delay, house majority leader - GOP. indicted, finished and not looking forward to his day in court.

+ Frist, senate majority leader - GOP. Being investigated, going downhill fast and his future isn't looking to bright either.

+ Abramoff, asshole and big time power broker - GOP. Indicted, radioactive and is probably going to jail for a loooong time.

+ Safavian, incompetent asshole and Whitehouse procurement honcho - GOP. Arrested, radioactive and is now looking forward to do some quality time with buddy Abramoff.

+ Franklin, neocon sucker and DoD spy - GOP. Made a plea with the feds and is going to jail.

+ Brown, fired FEMA director - GOP. Hemorrhaging political capital for b*sh and ridiculed for giving incompetent people a bad name by just showing up.

+ Rove/Libby, gatekeepers for * and Cheney - GOP. If Miller squeals and these jokers get indicted, will set off the biggest political scandal since Watergate.

= GOP core meltdown and the lamest, most confused president in the history of the United States. Probably drinking like a sponge by now...

Regarding the Judith Miller testimony before Fitzgerald's Grand Jury a few days ago - David Kelly was the bio-weapons expert who got in trouble for saying that Blair had 'sexed up' the dossier. He was 'suicided' in England soon after. Judith Miller was one of the last people he had contact with before he died.

David Kelly was the UK WMD scientist who 'suicided himself' in 2003

en.wikipedia.org...

The last email Mr. Kelly sent, just before he died, was to Judith Miller.

mod EDIT: circumvented profanity.

[edit on 4-10-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   
You will learn more about the Plame leak in the Congressional hearing to appoint Bush's private attorney to SCOTUS for life than anywhere else.

I'm telling you. Set the Tivo.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
21 Administration Officials Involved in Plame Leak

Karl Rove
I. Lewis “Scooter” Libby
Condoleezza Rice
Stephen Hadley
Andrew Card
Alberto Gonzales
Mary Matalin
Ari Fleischer
Susan Ralston
Israel Hernandez
John Hannah
Scott McClellan
Dan Bartlett
Claire Buchan
Catherine Martin
Colin Powell
Karen Hughes
Adam Levine
Bob Joseph
Vice President Dick Cheney
President George W. Bush

Step Away... From the Fan! You will be splattered!

[edit on 4-10-2005 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 08:08 AM
link   
How deep can they really dig with this stuff? While I understand the severity of the issue, how can we really expect that the entire core of the administration was complaisant? The kind of proof that would be required to extend convictions throughout the list provided above would have to be rock solid IMO.

I got to tell you I’m not holding my breath on this one, if you though Willy was slick wait till you see the slime coating that this administration can secrete.

[edit on 5-10-2005 by Halfofone]

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 08:08 AM
link   
double post... please delete

[edit on 5-10-2005 by Halfofone]

new topics

top topics

join