It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former FoxNews Reporter Tells You What You Already Know

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   
wow, I am really enjoying this thread. So many good points, so many people are seeing the horse# more and more, it's great! Perhaps there is hope. And I agree w/ the one poster who mentioned fnc was just filling a niche. It was needed during the clinton years, and the same kind of opposition for this administration is needed, but fnc won't go there. Brit hume is obnoxious and just annoys the hell out of me, he's the biggest cheeseball/dick there is. I used to enjoy Hannity and O'reilly but the more I listened to their underlying the message the more I got turned off to them because that underlying message was totally different then what they were claiming they were (fair)..One journalist I enjoy is lou dobbs, he's not in your face like o'reilly is which is kind of a bummer, and he could hold more people accountable in washington but these guys have to watch their back, maybe he's just going as far as he can within the limits. We have to remember though that o'reilly and hannity are editorialists, not news reporters. Even though they appear as news reporters they aren't, so they do have the right to be biased, but it' just not cool when you claim to be something your not and then toy with people by taking advantage of them because they have the perception that we're all fools and stupid, and then have the nerve to wave the american flag in the corner's of every broadcast! That's a slap in the face because what they do is sell america out and the american people with their bias and lies. Anyway, thanks for the thread, it's a really good one.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Yet another reason why I don't trust the news.

*NOTE: I don't read politicalteen.com. In fact, I'd never even been there before today. I simply typed "NBC video canoe" onto google, and it came up.*

Yeah, the video is (Extremely) funny, but when you really get to thinking about it, quite depressing. It just furthers my opinion that news organizations can't be trusted to bring us accurate information, and they're really just out for ratings. If they're willing to do things like this (I've seen others), just think of ways they'll "cover" the war. And yes, I feel that FOX is guilty of this as well. A news organization's job is to get people all riled up, think that they're "Fighting for a cause" (A.K.A: Fighting their fellow Americans) thus giving them higher ratings.

Is there anyone we can really trust to simply give us the facts? And I mean ALL of the facts? Who really does know the facts? How many facts out there AREN'T we getting!? Just talking to my uncle, I've learned things that have never been reported on the news, and heard first-hand accounts of how mainstream news organizations slant stories. It's pretty scary, really.

<< 1  2   >>

join