It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many of us are still alive today due to the utter and complete stupidity of terrorists?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Snafu, just because you read something a certain way doesnt mean it was implied. Also: I have Souljah and Cargo on my ignore list, I could care less what they have posted and i am hardly ignoring thier replies as I have no idea what they have posted. They dont exist.

If I offended you by calling terrorists stupid I am sorry, but I cannot be responsible for people who feel they resemble the people I directed my comments at enough to feel included in the insult.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
lmao....dude, you need to calm down....i'm just saying that your original post made it sound like you were talking about all terrorists....and i'm obviously not the only one who thought so.

If I offended you by calling terrorists stupid I am sorry, but I cannot be responsible for people who feel they resemble the people I directed my comments at enough to feel included in the insult.

and i'm not offended by this last statement's attempt to offend me. a veteran resembling a terrorist? lol.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I'm sure skippy didn't mean that all terrorsts are stupid. I'm sure he holds some terrorists' intelligence in the highest regard. People shouldn't be any more offended by this thread than one that said:

Welcome to the “Stupid US Troops Club”!

It doesn't mean ALL US troops are stupid, but it's clear that some are. That's all he meant, I'm sure.

As to the question: How many of us are still alive today due to the utter and complete stupidity of terrorists? It's hard to say, but I'd guess probably about 12-15. But upwards of 3000 or so are dead because of the 'stupidity' of terrorists.

For every stupid terrorist, there are hundreds of smart ones. To pick out a few and point out their stupidity and say therefore "Terrorists are stupid"! Well, that's just kind of lame.

That's like saying "Muslims are terrorists"! and then backing out and saying, "I didn't say ALL Muslims"!
It's really getting old.

It's a fools choice to underestimate his enemy. Or to ignore them for that matter. The ancient Chinese warrior Sun Tzu taught his men to "know your enemy" before going into battle. For if "you know your enemy and know yourself," he wrote, "you need not fear the result of a hundred battles." But, Sun Tzu warned, "If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat." You can't know your enemy if you ignore or underestimate them.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Skippy, I will keep posting in your stupid threads, and you will continue to read them.

The reason you pretend to ignore me is not because of any anti-American content in my posts (that really pisses you off because you get off on reacting to that crap) but because I consistently point out the pathetic pseudo-propaganda BS you spout in every single thread you make. You are a bad agent Mr. Skippy. Very bad. So bad infact that you do this off your own back, as there is no way you would make it onto a payroll for such terrible work.

What really makes me (and I presume others) cringe is your lack of humility. How on earth do you not get embarrassed by the crap you type? You just log back on the very next day and do it again! That reeks of dis-info to me. Your philosophy seems to be, quite simply:

LAHLAHLAHLAHLAHLAHLAHICANTHEARYOULAHLAHLAHLAHALHALHLAHLAHLAH

But then you expect people to soak up your persistent BS. Give us some damn credit would ya? This rubbish might work in your country, but most of us on the outside have ingrained BS detectors.

I really wish everything would turn out OK in Iraq. I really, really do. But you constantly trying to tell us that it is, over and over and fuggin OVER will not make it so. Give it up, cheerleader. And don't believe for a second that I really think you use the ignore feature.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   
You shouldn't let skippy get you so worked up, it could be half the reason he does this stuff. I agree that all his posts are not-even-thinly-veiled right-wing propaganda, and if George W. Bush asked him to lick his boots off after stepping in dogsh*t he would probably do it. That being said, you're really only playing into his game by allowing him to get you worked up. He's also , of course, every bit as entitled to his opinions as you or I or the 90-plus percent of people on here who disagree with him.
Also, please don' think his style of posting is necessarily representative of all Americans. I assume by the .au at the end of your name, cargo, that you are an Aussie. I was privileged enough to spend the better part of two years in Australia and New Zealand and I have to say that as a general percentage, the Australians and Kiwis are more open-minded, inquisitive, and critical in their thinking than Americans, it's true. But the number of people who are sycophants for Bush and his neocon controllers is not as high as you would think, and it's shrinking rapidly if the polls are to be believed. The most positive statistic I have seen in ages---even ahead of Bush's plummeting approval ratings, now down at or below 40 percent---was the poll commissioned a few months back that shwoed that 55 percent of all New Yorkers now believe that 9/11 was , as we say here on ATS , an "inside job." That shows that people are waking up from this long national nightmare.
Skippy's post here is a reflection of his opinion, and his opinion seems to be , from my perspective, that in order to be a "proud American," one must back the Republican/neocon agenda 100 percent. If you ask a lot of people here why you should have any respect for Bush, they answer wimply "because he's the President." Never mind that these same people universally despised Clinton and claimed at the time that it was only truly patriotic to dislike the President. I'm not implying that Skippy here is that blind of an ideologue, he may be or may not be, I don't know him so I can't say. The threads he starts do all reek of partisan agenda-pushing, but hey, if that's what he wants to do with his time, that's his right. I find it more amusing than infuriating, myself.
That being said, I think that Skippy would find, if he researched the situation instead of beleiveing what Fox News and other corporate media outlets told him, would find that most of these "bungling terrorists" are actually controlled assets of US intelligence. Look no further than the original WTC bombing of 1993 for proff of that---the FBI had infiltrated the "blind Sheik's teroor network" all the way to the top and even provided the would-be bombers with the parts and equipment to make the bomb!
Also, any true neocon should read the Project For A New American Century report from the year 2000 on "rebuilding America's Defenses"and then let me know whether or not they don't think their beloved neocon leaders are capable of engineering "terrorist" attacks for their own benefit.
---Ryan

www.abovetopsecret.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">Mod Note: Warnings – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5/10/2005 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Nobodies worked up here. Im just around to call a spade a spade. Skippy doesn't have opinions, he has agendas. You don't see me blasting everything Seekerof or Thomas Crowne (who within the last 10 months has said a lot of things I agree with
) posts.

As long as this guy keeps taking up bandwidth with his bombardment of baseless cheerleading, I will gladly pop in to call it out for what it is. And he will read it and pretend to ignore it.

This also has nothing to do with America the country, but the repub gov who controls it. I have real life and online American friends and clients. I want the USA to stay as the world's No.1 super power (yes you read that correctly skippy). I believe in what America is supposed to be (but isn't anymore) and will support Americans (the ones I like) through these divided times. I don't believe America will unite in my life time, thanks to people like skippy and those extremist leftists who fuel this "culture war".

[edit on 5-10-2005 by cargo]

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   
i'm sorry, i know this is getting off topic, but i had to ask a question here.

Also, any true neocon should read the Project For A New American Century report from the year 2000 on "rebuilding America's Defenses"and then let me know whether or not they don't think their beloved neocon leaders are capable of engineering "terrorist" attacks for their own benefit.
---Ryan

here is the report in question:

www.newamericancentury.org...

as far as i can tell, the only thing this report is saying is that in 2000, clinton had so decimated our armed forces that we couldnt defend ourselves from the girlscouts, and something needed to be done about it. i for one can concur with this reports conclusion. i spent the 90's in the military and witnessed firsthand its shrinking. the writers are telling us that if we want to survive in the 21st century, then we'd better get off our rears and revitalize the military. its basically saying the same things that similar reports said before wwII....we need to be prepared (incidentally, we werent then when pearl harbor happened, and we werent on 9/11).

what exactly (and i'm asking this seriously ryan, im not trying to be a smartbutt) is it about this report that is so threatening?

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Since "Ignore" status seems to be the crux of this discussion vice the stated topic...

Mod Note: WOT Posting Conduct – Please Review Link.

To all: Future derailments will be dealt with on a more "personal" basis.

Thread closed.

[edit on 5/10/2005 by Mirthful Me]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join