It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many of us are still alive today due to the utter and complete stupidity of terrorists?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Welcome to the “Stupid Terrorist Club”!

As the war on terror ensues, many terrorist plots and plans have been foiled by nothing but their own mental deficiencies. It turns out that some of these terrorists are about as smart as a box of rocks. Here is some information on our newest member of the club, Mahmoud Maawad:

One would think that Mahmoud Maawad, a 29-year-old illegal immigrant from Egypt living in Memphis, Tennessee, would lay low and stay out of trouble. But no, he defiantly did just the opposite.

He used a fake Social Security number to open a bank account, arrange for household utilities, and enroll in the University of Memphis business school. He worked off-the-books at a convenience store and in early 2005 sold alcohol to a minor, for which he was arrested. And then, he ordered US$3,300 worth of airline-related goods in mid-2005 from Sporty's Pilot Shop, including such items as an airline pilot’s uniform, a flight gear bag, a radio communications handbook, and an instructional DVD titled “How an Airline Captain Should Look and Act.”

To top it off, he placed this order on an overdrawn credit card.

Sporty’s, not surprisingly, informed the FBI about Maawad’s order and federal agents searched his apartment in September. There they found flight simulation software and detailed information on Memphis International Airport. Maawad was then indicted for wire fraud and fraudulent use of a Social Security number.

Wow! What an idiot! His motives by the way have yet to be established. For all we know he is just a weirdo, but unfortunately for him, his affinities have landed him in a terrorist investigation (my bet? GUILTY)

Here is a list of other notable members of the “Stupid Terrorist Club” (borrowed from the SOURCE)

Mohammed Salameh, the terrorist who returned to the rental agency in 1993 to retrieve the $400 deposit he had paid on a truck subsequently used to blow up the World Trade Center. His penny-pinching lead to his own capture and that of several other bombers.

Zacarias Moussaoui, thought to have been the twentieth 9/11 hijacker, was sitting in jail on that date because his disheveled and impoverished appearance at a flight instruction school was so discordant (“there's really something wrong with this guy”) that two of its staff phoned the FBI. In April 2005, Moussaoui pleaded guilty to six counts of conspiracy to commit terrorism.

Michael Wagner, an African-American convert to Islam associated with Al-Qaeda, did not wear a seat belt and that got him stopped by the police in July 2004 near Council Bluffs, Iowa. His car contained “flight training manuals and a simulator, documents in Arabic, bulletproof vests and night-vision goggles, a night-vision scope for a rifle, a telescope, a 9mm semiautomatic pistol and hundreds of rounds of ammunition.”

Zaynab Khadr, accused by the Canadian authorities of having “willingly participated and contributed both directly and indirectly towards enhancing the ability of Al Qaeda to facilitate its criminal activities,” returned to Canada in February with a computer chock full of documents that the authorities say “provide insights into the tactics, techniques and procedures” of Al-Qaeda and other groups.

Sami Ibrahim Isa Abdel Hadi, 39, was stopped in May for tailgating in Ridgefield Park, New Jersey. When a police officer called in Abdel Hadi’s North Carolina license plates, he learned that Abdel Hadi had been ordered deported to Brazil in December 2001 and is listed in the FBI’s National Crime Information Center database. Even more alarmingly, he has a valid temporary identity card permitting him to paint the George Washington Bridge (a high-profile potential terrorist target).

Los Angeles terror gang, the Assembly of Authentic Islam, needed money for arms, it robbed gas stations rather than obtain funds legally. One of its holdup artists dropped a mobile phone during a June robbery, which the police retrieved and used to unravel the plot and arrest the conspirators.

Man, between these dodo’s and the zealots who kill themselves prematurely it’s a wonder we need to worry about them at all. No wonder people like Osama Bin laden can influence and brainwash these dolts into killing themselves, they hardly had a chance.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I know you can't hear me skippy, but here it goes anyway.

Yet another Wonderful Article by Famous Daniel Pipes, huh?

There is a Comment about him from Washington Post:

...a disturbing hostility to contemporary Muslims ... he professes respect for Muslims but is frequently contemptuous of them". It said his book "is marred by exaggerations, inconsistencies, and evidence of hostility to the subject" while admitting that "[f]ew other writers have explained so lucidly such complex developments in Muslim history" and that his "book is a valuable contribution to our understanding" (Washington Post, 12/11/83). Left Turn magazine, a radical left-wing publication, described Pipes as a "leading anti-Muslim hate propagandist".

And I have to Agree with that.

How can this Man have earned himself a nominee for the US Institute of Peace?

An editorial in The Washington Post described his nomination as a "cruel joke". The Arab American Institute, headed by James Zogby, stated "For decades Daniel Pipes has displayed a bizarre obsession with all things Arab and Muslim. Now, it appears that his years of hatred and bigotry have paid off with a presidential appointment. One shudders to think how he will abuse this position to tear at the fabric of our nation." Juan Cole wrote in his blog "I urge academics and others to boycott the United States Institute for Peace this year, as long as extremist ideologue Daniel Pipes serves on it."

Let's check his Greatest hits, shall we?

"There is no escaping the unfortunate fact that Muslim government employees in law enforcement, the military, and the diplomatic corps need to be watched for connections to terrorism, as do Muslim chaplains in prisons and the armed forces. Muslim visitors and immigrants must undergo additional background checks. Mosques require a scrutiny beyond that applied to churches, synagogues, and temples. Muslim schools require increased oversight to ascertain what is being taught to children." For Jerusalem Post (how Approrpriate!)

"Western European societies are unprepared for the massive immigration of brown-skinned peoples cooking strange foods and maintaining different standards of hygiene...All immigrants bring exotic customs and attitudes, but Muslim customs are more troublesome than most." For National Review.

Well, more than 80 professors and former graduate students wrote an open letter in which they claimed that Mr. Pipes had a "long record of xenophobic, racist and sexist [speeches] that goes back to 1990".

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Skippy isn't ignoring anyone. He is here for reaction and there is no way he would let a day go past where he can't gauge the responses to his agenda ridden posts. He won't acknowledge your posts, but he reads them. Dont ya skip?

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I think we can take his non-response to mean a "yes," although I guess we don't know for certain.
---Ryan

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I have no idea what that means Ryan, I have Souljah and Cargo on ignore. Its meaningless what they post so I ignore them.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I believe that this thread is described as the following: War On Terrorism » How many of us are still alive today due to the utter and complete stupidity of terrorists? The intent is to discuss that subject's merit (or lack thereof). A continuation of the discussion regarding any member's proclivity to "Ignore" other members will bring this "scholarly" exercise to an abrupt halt.

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Then why bother posting at all, Skip? Hmm?

Edit: I just tested the Ignore system for the first time. When you ignore somone it actually hides their posts from threads. You can't see anything, not even their name or their avatar. Totally removes their posts. Why is it then, that Skippy knew that myself and Souljah posted in his thread? RyanC never mentioned our names or quoted us.

Busted?

As for the topic, I watched a show on TV about stupid criminals once. Man were there a lot. Doesn't surprise me that there are stupid terrorists. Id wager that there are some stupid soldiers in Iraq right now, as well as some stupid posters on this forum. There are probably some stupid news reporters around, and it;s very likely that there are some stupid webpage owners.

In short, there are stupid people.

Thoughts Skip?

[edit on 4-10-2005 by cargo]

TPL

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   
The terrorists by enlarge seem to be very stupid, if they were really clever they'd have attack the US mainland some how by now. You got to admit no matter how good the US authorities are some should have slip through net by now.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TPL
The terrorists by enlarge seem to be very stupid, if they were really clever they'd have attack the US mainland some how by now. You got to admit no matter how good the US authorities are some should have slip through net by now.

Do you remember 911?

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Well Back on Topic - I think that the Source Article AND the Author of it, for this Post are completly Ignorant, Racist and designed to widen the Abyss between the West and the East by demonizing the entire Eastern World.

Not fooling me!

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
New World Order/PNAC/UN/G8 Terrorists arent stupid. Everything is going according to their plans, except for some in-fighting amongst who will be CEO of this anti-christ system being installed.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
I just tested the Ignore system for the first time. When you ignore somone it actually hides their posts from threads. You can't see anything, not even their name or their avatar. Totally removes their posts. Why is it then, that Skippy knew that myself and Souljah posted in his thread? RyanC never mentioned our names or quoted us.

Souljah didnt post. If hes got you two on ignor he cant see your posts but he can see who posted last.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I can see who posted when I look at the title thread and who posted last. Once somebody NOT ignored posts, I cannot see them any longer. I can also read what they posted when I go into the reply screen, its not blocked there. But of course I do not value anything anybody on my ignore list has to say, so I dont read it.

Now, I suggest we all get back to the topic of stupid dumbo terrorists who seem to be more of a threat to themselves than you and me.

[edit on 4-10-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   
If your enemies(terrorist, insurgents) are as dumb as you think, how could they force the US army into not reducing their troop numbers in Iraq?

How could their "dumb" brains be behind the IEDs that kills your soldiers every day?

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by mullah Gabri
If your enemies(terrorist, insurgents) are as dumb as you think, how could they force the US army into not reducing their troop numbers in Iraq?

How could their "dumb" brains be behind the IEDs that kills your soldiers every day?

Half the IED's, and most of the VBIEDs kill the stupid terrs too. Many IEDs go off while being built.

**Should have added** We don't lose soldiers every day, stick to facts. We find and destroy many more IEDs, than go off.

Yeah, they're dumb.

[edit on 4-10-2005 by Army]

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Army
**Should have added** We don't lose soldiers every day, stick to facts. We find and destroy many more IEDs, than go off.

Yeah, they're dumb.

Hmmmm....

If they are so "Dumb" how come that...

Improved explosives becoming more deadly in Iraq?

These fearsome homemade weapons are responsible for many of the more than 1,700 deaths and 15,000 plus casualties suffered by U.S. and coalition forces since the invasion of Iraq two years ago this month. And they're getting more deadly and numerous.

"They've gone up exponentially in number and they're getting more powerful all the time," said Lt. Col. Michael Kurilla, whose 24th Infantry Regiment's First Battalion patrols the western half of this northern Iraq city that has the highest number of attacks by insurgents of any city in Iraq.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I read an article in the Guardian a few years ago that said almost exactly the same thing. Instead of being afraid of terrorists why arnt we laughing ourselves silly at their almot crippling idiocy?

Laughter almost always beats fear, only problem is that our own side goes on to make such hilarious mistakes, from mine clearing dolphin difficulties to random 'comedy' invasions, it makes the terrorists laugh at us.

This is clearly a double edged sword.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

Man, between these dodo’s and the zealots who kill themselves prematurely it’s a wonder we need to worry about them at all. No wonder people like Osama Bin laden can influence and brainwash these dolts into killing themselves, they hardly had a chance.

sorry skippy, but i've got to disagree. yes, there are stupid people out there of all races and religions (last words of redneck...hey ya'll watch this), and you have definitely pointed out some of the dumb ones. but you've got to ask yourself, how many do we have out there in our country playing it smart? 1 hijacker out of 20 got caught. what does that tell you, man? furthermore, we failed to find out about the other 19 through the one we caught. just some food for thought.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700
sorry skippy, but i've got to disagree. yes, there are stupid people out there of all races and religions (last words of redneck...hey ya'll watch this), and you have definitely pointed out some of the dumb ones. but you've got to ask yourself, how many do we have out there in our country playing it smart? 1 hijacker out of 20 got caught. what does that tell you, man? furthermore, we failed to find out about the other 19 through the one we caught. just some food for thought.

My post is about stupid terrorists, I dont recall making the statement that ALL terrorists were stupid (as much as Id like to believe that). I also dont single out race or religious denomination.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

My post is about stupid terrorists, I dont recall making the statement that ALL terrorists were stupid (as much as Id like to believe that). I also dont single out race or religious denomination.

whether you meant to or not, it was implied...hence all the negative responses that you are ignoring.

Now, I suggest we all get back to the topic of stupid dumbo terrorists who seem to be more of a threat to themselves than you and me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join