It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Republicans Can Help Fight the Culture of Corruption: Turn Each Other In

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Colorado gubernatorial candidate and would be Republican Crime Stopper Marc Holtzman has turned his opponent over to the Denver District Attorney for investigation. The alleged thief, fellow Republican Bob Beauprez, is a close Delay ally.

Holtzman accuses Beauprez campaign of stealing phone list
Created: 10/3/2005 5:12 PM MDT - Updated: 10/3/2005 5:13 PM MDT
9new s.com

DENVER (AP) - Calling for a criminal investigation, Republican gubernatorial candidate Marc Holtzman on Monday accused the campaign of his primary opponent, Rep. Bob Beauprez, of stealing a detailed list of Holtzman's friends and business associates.

The Holtzman campaign said it wanted the Denver district attorney to investigate possible criminal charges.

"It's very valuable. It's worth millions of dollars for what we're doing. It was stolen from Marc in June or July," said Dick Leggitt, Holtzman's campaign manager.

Lynn Kimbrough, spokeswoman for Denver District Attorney Mitch Morrissey, said the complaint letter was sent to the wrong fax number and Holtzman's attorneys were being contacted for a copy of the complaint.

"Once we have received an allegation, we do review it. The first step is to see if it warrants further investigation," she said.

Beauprez's spokesman, John Marshall, said he was surprised by the allegation.

"I don't know anything about it," he said.

Holtzman's attorney, John Zakhem, said he has copies of e-mails sent by the Beauprez campaign on Sept. 27 to people on Holtzman's list, which includes the names and addresses of 6,500 contacts.

"Theft of this kind of confidential business information and trade secrets is no mere political tactic," Zakhem said in the complaint. "Rather, it is a crime under Colorado law that strikes at the integrity of Colorado's elections process."

The two men are expected to seek the GOP nomination to succeed term-limited Republican Gov. Bill Owens.

Colorado is hardly as corrupt as Tom Noe's Ohio or the incestuous state of Florida, but it is a fun swing state to watch given it's sizable influence as the base of operations for so many filthy aristocrooks and lobbyists like James "Dominionist" Dobson.

[edit on 4-10-2005 by RANT]

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I'm a moderate and I love the title of this thread!

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I love the Ohio GOP.

Butler County GOP officials investigated in bar fight
One of three left his credit behind at Putter's, police say

The investigation into a late-night barroom brawl led police to three officials of the Butler County Republican Party after one of them left his credit card behind, police say.

A complaint filed with the Butler County Sheriff's Department said that central committee Chairman Quentin Nichols, of West Chester; Tim Dearwester of Hamilton, a member of the central committee; and Sean Maloney of Liberty Township, a member of the executive committee, allegedly assaulted the bartender at Putter's Tavern & Grill shortly after midnight Oct. 26.

Adam William told deputies he approached the trio about a plastic advertising sign being damaged in the men's room. He asked them to leave after one of the men threatened him with a pool stick and another made sexual remarks about the bar's owner, the police report said.

The men then jumped on William and punched and hit him with a chair before the fight moved outside at the Cincinnati-Dayton Road establishment, resulting in a bench being damaged, William told police.

Nichols, Dearwester and Maloney left in a silver or gold Hummer before deputies arrived. No charges have been filed while the brawl remains under investigation. William sustained minor injuries. Damage was estimated at $500 for the sign and the bench.

Nichols left his credit card behind and William turned it over to sheriff's deputies.

My favorite part...

Nichols, 43, denied that the altercation happened the way William described to police. But he wouldn't discuss the details.

"It's politics. Some folks out there seem to twist the story on you," Nichols said. "It is a regrettable incident and at the time, I was genuinely concerned for my own safety as well as my companions' safety."

Ever the victim, Nichols just over a year ago defending a similar altercation.

"If you have a Kerry supporter involved, you have to wonder whether the story maybe is getting exaggerated to help the opposition," said Quentin Nichols, the county Republican Party's Central Committee chairman.

"But if it did happen, I'd feel terrible and would be more than willing to apologize to this girl. I'd be shocked if a couple of grown men accosted a young lady just on the basis of a bumper sticker.

The gay marriage ban champions of Bush's 04 re-election do have a solution to their social and/or drinking problems however...

The trio doesn't plan to return to Putter's anytime soon. From now on, they'll take turns watching sports and tipping back a few beers at each other's homes, Nichols said.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Heck,
Why stop at just the republicans? Do you mean to infer that there is even one single legislator in DC that is not corrupt? That could not be prosecuted?
They are all a bunch of money / power grubbing dogs.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenshiro2012
Heck,
Why stop at just the republicans? Do you mean to infer that there is even one single legislator in DC that is not corrupt? That could not be prosecuted?

I'm sure there are several. Some even Republicans.

These are just funny minor figure incidents on top of the national scandals mired in Republican crime everyone already knows about, but no topic would be complete without blaming the victim, so go ahead and get it off your chest...

The minorty party not under investigation or indictment is "just as bad", right? In some odd essence sort of way by virtue of association or politics in general. It doesn't matter that they aren't doing anything wrong, but they're "just as bad" as the criminal element that has taken over the Republican Party. For some reason. I suppose. In Republican's defense. Right. Uh huh.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
You maybe right Rant. There might be one or two. They must have just have arrived.

Sorry, I have been extremely disillusioned by politicians since the early 60's. It did not help when I started to delve into history to discover just how corrupt the majority of our "leaders" have been.
Hate to say it, but I think Abraham would have been hard press to find the 1 honest man in DC

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Just 34 recent Republican scandals

Yup, nothing worth looking at in that list....

[edit on 9-11-2005 by loam]

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 02:21 AM
link   

The minorty party not under investigation or indictment is "just as bad", right?

Right. Just as the mugger who hasn't been caught is just as bad as the one who's about to stand trial.

It doesn't matter that they aren't doing anything wrong...

Are you serious?! Don't you get it-- that's the point. They certainly ARE doing things wrong. Are you kidding? The fact that they're CURRENTLY the minority party and CURRENTLY none of them are under indictment means nothing. They're friggin' politicians! They're all criminals-- that's what they do for a living! They're ALL liars and crooks-- if they weren't, then they would've been chewed up and spit out by the machine long ago. They have to be accomplished liars and cheats and swindlers and con artists-- those are the requisite skills for the business they're in.

Look-- you seem like a reasonably intelligent person. Are you actually going to assert that ONLY Republican politicians commit crimes? And are you really trying to support that assertion with the fact that no Democrats are CURRENTLY under indictment and the Democrats are CURRENTLY the minority? Really?

Remember Dan Rostenkowski?

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 02:31 AM
link   

...but no topic would be complete without blaming the victim, so go ahead and get it off your chest...

Which "victim" would that be? The Republican primary opponent or the bartender? I'm not sure that I see how pointing out the fact that Democratic politicians are also criminal scum is "blaming" either of those people, so could you maybe clarify that?

And honestly, it would seem to me that if anyone is the "victim" of scummy politicians, Republican, Democrat or otherwise, it's we the people-- Republican, Democrat or otherwise.

"Under democracy each party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule - and both commonly succeed, and are right." -- Mencken

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Meh. Democrats are no better.

In fact, I've heard people refer to the Republican party as Democrat Lite (TM)!

And it's true! There's corruption on both sides of the aisle.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Yeah, but did Gore get whoever out of his way by turning them in? No, because there was nothing to turn in. Sad, but funny, how unloyal republicans are. Man, people still vote for Ted Kennedy even after he ate his brothers to become Uber Kennedy, now there's loyalty.

top topics

join