It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can ANYONE decipher this piece of code for me?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
This is interesting. It sounds almost Anglo Saxon, particularly the beginning. The last word sounds like Altair, which is, I believe, a star in the Northern Hemisphere.

Yes it is. I knew I had seen it before somewhere. Thankyou!

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by lostinspace
Did someone find an ancient document that we have no reference to decipher? Could this be the divine language that was spoken before the confusion of the tongues at the Tower of Babel?

Too many Germanic and Latin roots it seems for that to be it. Looks like one of the old Irish or Brittish languages. Doesn't anyone here speek Welsh or Gaelic?

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by amantine

Originally posted by NetStorm
The MOST words I got out of it, were from latin

To grow heif durhuies foryhthe canelultshe we encourage vernes shoulreh dahli memdemba. Tors faihn derenhth

Those words vaguely resemble latin words. However, they don't have to correct conjugation to be translated like that.

You took 'horte' from the deponens 'hortor', but -e is no valid conjugation of a deponens. I'll admit that in post-roman latin the verb 'hortare' did exist, but it's very rare. In the case of 'hortare' the translation would be: you have to encourage! More logical to me, would be seeing 'horte' as the vocativus of the noun 'hortus', garden or maybe vegetable.

If you interpreted the words as non-literal, then creskhe could come from 'cresco', but it wouldn't be a infinitivus praesens, as you translated it, but (again) a imperativus 2nd person (cresce): you have to grow!
Literally, 'creskhe' can't be latin, because of the 'k'. My 1200-page latin dictionary, only lists 6 words beginning with a k. The only words with a k are from another language.

I don't think it's latin, too many short words and no evidence of the many conjugations of latin.

Horte sounds very Germanic: To Hear as in German zu H�ren or Norwegian � H�re, which makes sense, when you look at the sentance:

You have to Listen or you have to hear [this], you have to understand this.

The last sentance: "Tors faihn derenhth" also sounds very Germanic or old Norwegian. Tor is an old Norwegian Name, name of the son of Odin among many others: "Tor found [it or his] therein", or "Tor was found therein".

Blessings,
Mikromarius

[Edited on 8-2-2004 by Hamilton]

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucifer
Vohtek ay ye.

Where are you? Or: Who are you?

Cansorno esh gotuke veratakhe altire.

Italian: contorno=contours or outlines
Italian: Vera=true
Italian: Aquila=eagle
English: Cansorno=Concern?

Possible trans: Altair in the constellation the Goths call the True Eagle (Altair is in the constellation Aquila).

In other words: Who are you (Lucifer)? Altair in the constellation the Goths call the True Eagle.

Or: Concerning the star Altair in Aquila.

:: What says you? Concerning Altair in Aquila.

Who are you talking with these days, Lucifer? Some ancients who think you are the son of the morning? Hehe. Don't corronate Nero C�sar. He is trouble

I found this at this website:
"Altair: Alleged reptilian inhabitants of the Altair stellar system in the constellation Aquila. Bad guys."

Looks like you have found some reptile Luciferian friends from outer space. Or maybe it is you who are this race of evil reptiles in their minds..... Woooaaahahahaha

Blessings,
Mikromarius

[Edited on 10-2-2004 by Hamilton]

[Edited on 10-2-2004 by Hamilton]

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 07:52 AM
link   
AMEN to that (Hamilton conclusion)

a regional dialect of GLOSSALIA ??

~if it weren't so elaborate, i'd go along with soothsayers' allusion that it could be a mantra device rather than a 'message' to be deciphered.
+ ona-wanna-maya+ (but i'm a simple folk so's my *former* mantra)

[Edited on 10-2-2004 by riffraffalunas]

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Sorry for my scepticism, but why would aliens speak a combination of Italian, English and German? I think you just try too much to recognize something in those words. Maybe if you have enough words, you could do a statistical analysis to see if it's a real language?

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
is it?--

Listen everyone, can you see she will overtake all?

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Sorry for my scepticism, but why would aliens speak a combination of Italian, English and German? I think you just try too much to recognize something in those words. Maybe if you have enough words, you could do a statistical analysis to see if it's a real language?

I didn't say I believed they were alien, I just quoted quite humorously from a website which had found some nifty serpents on a star up there (doubt it though
). However, I think that last attempt at translating seems quite believable. Someone is asking Lucifer what he knows about astrology or in which time he is, it seems..... Also remember that Lucifer was often used as a name for planet Venus. It may be that they are refering to a date here. I'll check out when the next time Venus passes Aquila and post an update when I have found it.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Like I thought, the constellation "Aquila" is above the ecliptic. But right now the star popularilly called "Venus" is right above the head of the Great Rider. But. BUT! On the 25th of "December" there was a new moon, which is signifficant in itself, but at the same time, "Venus" passed above the Moon, right below "Aquila". Hmmm.....

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Sorry for my scepticism, but why would aliens speak a combination of Italian, English and German?

Perhaps the languages we have here on earth all come from one language from above?

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 05:29 AM
link   
It's definataly not Italian, the most I get is like the others, some Latin and German. What is the signifigance of the code? -muzz

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Vohtek ay ye. Cansorno esh gotuke veratakhe altire.

Creskhe heif durhuies foryhthe canelultshe horte vernes shoulreh
dahli memdemba. Tors faihn derenhth.

Vhanhne, dei e doroh vuilos Nahnke. Dahrke ses
enne touhdhe Bahre cahn widht e inne ourtre ke
dahlben.

Okay, I had actually compared all this nonsense to known languages, and I was going to post the results. But it's clear to me now that you just made it all up. Or as riffraffalunas said, a dialect of glossolalia. Nice going. And here I thought it was in some way meaningful. Stupid me.

I find Hamilton's translation to be... very creative, to say the least.

My original post follows, if anyone is curious. I've added just a few notes through it as I read it again now, in light of what I've learned.

=====

Well, it's not "sandscrit". I can translate a lot of Sanskrit. It looks nothing like that.

It does not "sound" Anglo-Saxon (another name for Old English). As if you've ever heard it spoken. Do you want a sample of Anglo-Saxon to compare to? Here's Caedmon's Creation Hymn, circa 6th century AD.

Nu scylun hergan hefaenricaes uard metud�s maecti end his modgidanc uerc uuldurfadur sue he uundra gihuaes eci dryctin or astelid�. He aerist scop aelda barnum heben til hrofe haleg scepen tha middungeard moncynn�s uard eci dryctin �fter tiad� firum foldu frea allmectig.

The easiest way to see that this is not the above mystery language is to note the placement of the letter "h". In Anglo-Saxon, "h" can only appear at the beginning of a word, or after a vowel. Never between two consonants, as in the mystery text. Never before a vowel and after a consonant, as in the mystery text.

Native American is not a language. Nor is "Ancient Native American". I can say certainly that it's not Aniyunwiya (Cherokee, Tsalagi) or any Na-Dene language. It also doesn't even remotely resemble an Algonquian language. Generally, it doesn't seem to have the syntax or morphology of one of the Native American languages. They're a lot more inflective than that.

I can also translate a lot of Arabic, Hebrew, Aramaic, and even a bit of Assyrian. It's none of those. It looks nothing like those.

It's not Sindarin (Bathathon heled, im �-cirath). It's not any Tolkienian language I'm familiar with. Which is all of them in the books.

It's not Esperanto (Mi povas mangxi vitron, gxi min ne doloras). It's not Aracnol (derives from Portuguese). It's not Klingon (ugh, what I do for the sake of completeness). It's definately not Loglan or Lojban (mi ka'e citka loi blaci .i la'edi'u na xrani mi).

It looks like it's a poor phonetic attempt at some Indo-European language. [Am I a good guesser or what?] I couldn't say which one, or even if it means anything. There's not enough of a sample to determine. But I'd say that even if it's total babble, it was typed by someone who speaks an Indo-European language. [English, in this case.] All those words, nonsense or not, were checked to determine whether it is, in fact, possible to pronounce them. And it is. In fact, all those words are spoken very far forward in the mouth. If it's nonsense, the person who made it probably speaks natively a language that displays the same characteristic. They would have adjusted it to appear as "real" to them as possible. That means imitating the syntax and pronunciation of their native language.

It looks nothing like Latin, as others have said. It's no Italic language, for that matter.

It's not Germanic. Or at least not from the Proto-West Germanic branch of Germanic. That rules out English, Dutch, Frisian, and German itself. [And Old English, of course, as I mentioned above] I know nothing of Icelandic, Norwegian, Danish, Swedish, or Gutnish. It's not extinct Gothic, since there are plenty of samples of that in circulation, and it doesn't resemble it at all:

atta unsar thu in himinam, weihnai namo thein. qimai thiudinassus theins

That's the beginning of the Lord's Prayer in Gothic.

It's clearly not Greek. Neither ancient nor modern. It doesn't look like any Balto-Slavic language I've ever seen. It doesn't look like anything in the Anatolian tree. That leaves the families of Albanian, Armenian, Tocharian, and Phrygian. I can't speak intelligently on those. I've never heard or read any of them.

It does, in fact, bear a passing resemblance to some sort of Celtic language at first glance. Except that there are no vowel chains whatsoever. Celtic languages are a lot heavier on vowels than that.

It's not Gaelic. It's not Welsh. I've never heard or read any Manx, Breton, or Cornish. It's none of the continential Celtic languages. Not Lepontic, Celtiberian, Galatian, or Gaulish.

Another possibility is that it's not language at all, but a code or cipher of some sort. Since there's not enough text for a meaningful analysis of any kind, it's probably correct to say "it means whatever you want it to mean" [As Hamilton has demonstrated]. It could very well be a logically hidden message, but without a context or more of a sample, it's impossible to determine that. Generally, the shorter the message, the more secure the crypt will remain.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Again, you forget time and how geography and slow communication made people speak many different dialects, even languages within relatively small areas. Take Italy for instance. When Latin first evolved as a language, it was nearly insignifficant compared to the mass of different languages which lived around it at the time. Even in the area they spoke Latin there were a host of different languages. Most are totally lost without a single trace.

And in this case it may have been some astrologers having opened contact with the guy they believe is Lucifer, who calls himself Lucifer. There are many words here that may resemble known Roman constellations and starnames etc. Lucifer himself is the god of Venus to the Romans and those who followed the same doctrines. They may have eaten some shrooms or whatever and come up to some evolutionary quasi heaven. Today.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

[Edited on 26-2-2004 by Hamilton]

[Edited on 26-2-2004 by Hamilton]

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
could be jibberish you should type the phrase in on every serch engine

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
i think its about a single foolish person on this board
and someting about their development

tor = fool and/or gateway

what kind of aliens speak with the foward of their mouth?

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Yeah, that's probably the answer. If the author really thinks it's real, I have been reading about statistical language analysis. A sample of about 1000 words will be enough
, although maybe 200 can give a preliminairy result.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
maybe its a form of pig latin. each word is in one of a few languges, and you have to transliterate the cypher that takes it from that language to the pig?

It came from a memeber on this board right?

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
The answer to this was already given.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
It looked like the Elvish or Drow language I saw when I played Ultima Online. Could it be Klingon?

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Do you hear this after taking some kind of substance like speed or another psycotropic. I want to tell you what I truely beleive and that is Whilst there is a possibility that you are hearing some kind of unknown language it is more likely that you are experiencing non-rational thought. This could be because of a substance or you've become used to thinking without allowing yourself to rationalize ideas. I experience this sometimes [less frequently now] and felt great relief when I started once again to reason with myself. I hope this doesnt come across as patronizing I didn't intend it to.
zog[It isnt greek]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join