It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABUSE CRISIS: Lynndie England Claims Her Abuse On Prisoners "Not The Worse"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Lynndie England who has just been convicted of abuses against Iraq Prisoners in Abu Ghraib prison, has spoken out and claimed that military commanders were fully aware of abuses within the prison and stated that she knew of "worse things" inflicted upon prisoners than her own deeds. It has been disclosed that Central Intelligence Agents worked inside the ABU Ghraib prison alongside US military Intelligence, both departments attempting to glean information from prisoners.

www.abc.net.au
The comments, which are England's first since her court marshal, contradict assertions by top Pentagon officials that a small group of out-of-control soldiers were responsible for abuse at Abu Ghraib.

Pentagon officials have also asserted that however repulsive that mistreatment was, it did not amount to torture.

England, who became the face of the scandal with a photograph of her holding a naked prisoner by a leash, was sentenced last Tuesday to three years in prison and dishonourably discharged from the Army.

But England, appearing on NBC's Dateline program, says the pictures do not convey the full extent of the abuse that took place in the cell block.

She says one night she heard blood-curdling screams coming from the block's shower room, where non-military interrogators had taken an Arab detainee.

"They had the shower on to muffle it, but it wasn't helping," she said.

"They never screamed like that when we were humiliating.

"But this guy was like screaming bloody murder. I mean it still haunts me, I can still hear it just like it happened yesterday."

The interrogators have not been identified.

However, several investigations into the abuse have disclosed that Central Intelligence Agency operatives worked at Abu Ghraib alongside US military intelligence, trying to glean information.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It does not excuse her actions by any means. She is guilty and so are many others.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I wonder now that she has nothing to lose and she has been convicted will she start talking about other things that happen while she was in Iraq?

I will not be surprised that she may do just that.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
If she was smart she should save the blab,
hire a publicist and get cracking on a book.

gnn.tv

Scapegoating the small-fry

The news that yet another Army private, Lynndie England, 22, of Fort Ashby, West Virginia, has been convicted and sentenced for posing for the infamous photos of torture at Abu Ghraib, while her superiors duck responsibility, is a sad commentary on the extent to which the Bush administration has corrupted the U.S. Army.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 07:22 AM
link   
www.dailykos.com...

"Clark is slamming O'Reilly over torture pics...
by xrepub
Mon Oct 3rd, 2005 at 18:01:03 PDT
Clark is in favor of seeing what the photos and such are. He mentioned "the captain in the 82nd" coming forward. He vehemently notes that HIS Army does NOT abuse and torture prisoners and follows the Geneva convention.

O'Reilly doesn't want them released and tried to twist history into "this always happens" but Clark called him on it. Wouldn't let him get away with that "excuse."

If we did NOT treat prisoners badly, we would have nothing to fear from the release of photos and video."

Bush and DoD have been violating a court order to release photos from Abu Ghraib of the rape, sodomy, beating and torture deaths of men, women and children. The Congresspersons who first viewed the 157 photos and 4 videos were physically ill after viewing them when the torture scandal first broke in 2004 BEFORE the "election". Cheney negotiated with Halliburton Brown and Root for 100 prisons similar to Gitmo around the world in 2000 BEFORE the atrocities of 911. US Navy ships are being used a torture chambers. What has happened to America? Someone posted the book HITLER'S WILLING EXECUTIONERS to show that more people than you think would be involved in barbarism but I am stunned and visit www.cageprisoners.com... a UK site by Muslims to help their fellow victims, Terry Waite who was held as hostage in Iran is sympathetic to the cause of the bush family MK-ULTRA victims at Gitmo, Abu Ghraib and Britain's Belmarsh and though he suffered for 2 years from Iranian torture, he wants to be sure it does not happen to any other innocent victims.

Write your Congressperson against the torture done in our name. It is the worst kind of inhumanity and I think shows that the bush regime is the continuation of the Third Reich with Prescott Bush and Herbert Walker not only financing the rise of Hitler, gaining wealth from the slave labor at Aushwitz and creating the ratline to South America of top Nazis esp. human experimenters who were smuggled into the US, see the 1977 MK-ULTRA Senate Hearings online or go to Raven1.net to hear from the victims of this terrible CIA program which even Congress could not stop.

Cynthia McKinney mentioned the MK-ULTRA program in her speech which was stricken from the record because she mentioned Impeachment and she posted it on http:www.bellaciao.com and www.rense.com...

"September Monday 12th 2005 (18h52) :
Cynthia McKinney censored in congressional record- Is someone afraid of the word IMPEACHMENT?

Rep McKinney Special Order Censored???
By Rep Cynthia McKinney

I mentioned the word impeachment on the House Floor Thursday late afternoon, but I don’t see it in the official Congressional Record transcript. I was chided by the Speaker that it was out of order to question the President’s motives. I didn’t question motives, I questioned actions: from lack of actions on Katrina to cutting the budget of safety net programs, to rewarding the rich to the detriment of all the rest of us. This transcript directly from the Congressional Record is mangled and omits that word!!!! I can’t believe this....

I can remember the Tuskegee Study. I remember MK-Ultra as an African American. I remember Paul Robeson. But Tulane University is under water, and Tulane University houses one of these biodefense labs. We need to know what the heck was in that lab, what was going on in that biodefense lab." !!!!???

I would like to read more about the XGvtGirl's long thread on the Divistation in the Gulf with photos of nuclear reactors underwater and calling to wait until the Intl. Atomic Commission said it was safe to turn them on again.

I have read that it only takes one Representative standing up and calling for Impeachment for Impeachment Hearings to begin. I am unclear if Rep. McKinney
was calling for Impeachment or just mentioning it. I am strongly in favor of
Impeachment hearings to begin immediately or better for Special Prosecutor
Fitzgerald to send in the Federal Marshalls to arrest the entire Bush Regime.

new topics

top topics

join