It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have your own family plane from $27,500 basic kit.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 04:53 AM
link   
The Velocity is a true high performance airplane with the ability to make 1000 mile cross country trips at speeds in excess of 200 MPH � while carrying four adults and baggage in total comfort. With the rear mounted engine, the noise, propeller turbulence, engine heat and fumes are behind you, providing an atmosphere comparable to a modern sports sedan. An adequate supply of cool fresh air is available through forward inlets; this air can also be heated by the forward mounted oil cooler.

Using modern day airfoil technology, clean cabin lines, and non-complex systems, the Velocity exceeds all other aircraft in its class � in efficiency, performance, and simplicity. The Velocity performs best at altitudes of 7000 to 12000 feet � probably the best environment for comfort and efficiency of operation. Piloting chores can be shared by both pilots, and the Velocity's incredible stability and spacious instrument panel make it an excellent IFR platform. With extremely crisp controls and excellent aerodynamic stability, the Velocity has been described as if it was mounted on rails, allowing you to fly long distances with a minimal pilot load, yet it will dogfight with the best of the two seat sport planes. Once on the ground, the Velocity is as sure-footed as a cat, with its full-castering nosewheel, 100" wheelbase, 80" track, and oversize wheels and brakes.

VELOCITY SE/RG

More infos :
www.velocityaircraft.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 04:56 AM
link   
That's one sweet looking little plane, if I was not afraid of me doing a shody job of putting it together I'd want one!

I really like the design of it.

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I think you need a airplane driving licence to fly with it. But it's a real family plane, 1 pilot, 3 passagers.

It's sell in kit (!). You must build it yourself. They say it's easy (hummm...). About 700 hours of work.

There are fastbuild cockpit and wing options but it's more expensive. (about 10000 $ for the cockpit and 7000$ for the wings).

This model is the basic one, there is also a bigger model (XL)

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I've always liked this design, with the pusher prop, canards and wingtip rudders! Regular wing-and-elevator planes are just so boring. I personally like canards because they're just plain better for maneuverability. Neither the F-22 nor the F-35 have them.
Unimaginative gits. Everybody else is doing it: the Swedes, the Euros, the Frenchies, the Russkies, heck even the Israelis had 'em on the Lavi...

top topics

join