It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Soldiers Say Torture of Iraqis was for ‘Stress Relief’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   

www.sundayherald.com...

FOR the first time, American soldiers who personally tortured Iraqi prisoners have come forward to give testimony to human rights organisations about crimes they comm itted.
Three soldiers – a captain and two sergeants – from the 82nd Airborne Division stationed at Forward Operating Base (FOB) Mercury near Fallujah in Iraq have told Human Rights Watch how prisoners were tortured both as a form of stress relief and as a way of breaking them for interrogation sessions.

These latest revelations about the torture of Iraqi detainees come at a time when the Bush administration thought it could draw a line under the scandal of Abu Ghraib following last week’s imprisonment of Private Lynndie England for her now infamous role in the abuse of prisoners and the photographing of torture.

The 82nd Airborne soldiers at FOB Mercury earned the nickname “The Murderous Maniacs” from local Iraqis and took the moniker as a badge of honour.

Continued....

Words fail me after having read all of their statements which can be found here:
hrw.org...

These are not the actions of the America I know.

Start reading in the middle of the testimonies and you would think it was Nazis using modern english lingo...

I think we can now put to rest the idea that we are not torturing Iraqis.

It is our mode of operation....

[edit on 3-10-2005 by ArchAngel]

Mod Edit: Gratuitous Quoted Material Circumventing Censors.

[edit on 3/10/2005 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
ArchAngel: Im sorry to say but the America you know is long gone. I have spoke to a few WW2 german soldiers who are now in there 80's. They all tell me that the nazi's did not loose but rather just relocate there agenda. Instead of eradicating the jewish people this times its the muslims. After all it the US was so hell bent on bringing all the Nazi's to justice why did they let Josef Mengele in to the US ?

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Mengele escaped to South America...but I wasn't aware he'd actually been allowed into the US.

Any links/proof of this?

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I understand the need for these guys to remain anonymous, if they are real. But you see, here is the thing about anonymous sources, I’m not real crazy of what someone writes behind close doors then says he got it form an anonymous source.
Now, I’m not saying this is what happed, I’m just saying that I wouldn't put it past groups with an agenda to try something like this.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
I understand the need for these guys to remain anonymous, if they are real. But you see, here is the thing about anonymous sources, I’m not real crazy of what someone writes behind close doors then says he got it form an anonymous source.
Now, I’m not saying this is what happed, I’m just saying that I wouldn't put it past groups with an agenda to try something like this.

At least one has revealed his identity, and the others have obvious reasons for not wanting their names revealed.

Captain Ian Fishback has given us permission to state that he is the captain referenced in our report in light of the subsequent revelation of his name by Congressional offices.
hrw.org...

This is from Human Rights Watch which is highly unlikely to be perpetrating a fraud.

Without truth they have no legitimacy...

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Tinkleflower: All i can say is "Operation Paperclip" and "MK Ultra"

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I would suggest you read this, or are you going to argue with Wikipedia?

Josef Mengele

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
So...he spent his days south of the border....correct?

The bit I'm questioning is this:

After all it the US was so hell bent on bringing all the Nazi's to justice why did they let Josef Mengele in to the US ?

The Wiki article confirms that he was in Brazil, Paraguay et al....but it doesn't seem that he actually landed in the US.

As far as MKUltra and Operation Paperclip; I've seen where various Nazis were indeed involved and courted by US officials, but nothing actually saying that they had set foot in the US itself - rather, in Mengele's case for example, any/all negotiations took place south of the border.

Help me out here, if there's info I'm missing

top topics

join