It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wmd's were found in Iraq back in '03

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 08:28 AM
link   
dr_strangecraft:

You can bet we found "none" for a reason. It was US policy going in: take the public relations hit as our only real casaulty in the war, but keep the WMD's out of the hands of terrorists for another decade or so. That was the real truth behind Bush's "mission accomplished."

No, it's actually more of the reverse.

Saddam DIDN'T have WMDs, and the whole reason why he was being so difficult about inspections and everything is that he didn't want the world to know he was toothless.

I mean, what good is having a nuclear bomb if your enemy doesn't know about it? You HAVE a nuclear weapon as a DETERRENT.

"I have The Bomb, so if you attack me, you're toast. Radioactive toast."

The real reason behind Bush's "Mission Accomplished" speech is that he's just a world-class a$$hole.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   

What do you do? Go on 60 minutes and tell Dan Rather what we found?

Then Al Quaeda, Hammas, and the Syrian army know exactly what we confiscated. What happens when Saddam then tells them he actually owned one hundred and one WMD's. All a terrorist has to do at that point is go through the list America publishes as "proof," and then you know which one they missed.

As a terrorist, you now know where to dig, and the West will have no idea that you're even armed now.

Lets assume your rationalization is correct, and that Saddam had told terrorists where his hidden WMD are.

If we said we found WMD it would DIMINISH the likelyhood that they would go looking for them.

I have not yet seen a single logical reason for WMD found in Iraq to not be published.....

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
If there were any WMDs Bush would be shouting it from the rooftop! I can't understand why people are looking so hard for excuses for this war when there are none. I am reminded of Bush's little skit where he looked for them in the oval office. I didn't think it was funny, and it insulted the intelligence of the American people...at least some of them

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by CindyfromFlorida
I can't understand why people are looking so hard for excuses for this war when there are none.

They look for excuses because the alternative is too terrible to think of.

It's called 'denial'.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join