It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wmd's were found in Iraq back in '03

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
How convienet it is for people to forget.........

telegraph.co.uk

[Edited to shorten link. Please review this thread. Jak]

[edit on 5/10/05 by JAK]

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman

Link

1 swallow doesnt make it summer yet, 1 looney doesnt make a nuthouse...
1 tree doesnt make a forrest.

[edit on 5/10/05 by JAK]

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
YAWN...give it up already.

Even BushCo admit that there were no WMDs found. The only WMDs Saddam ever had were the ones Rummy sold him.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
YAWN...give it up already.

Even BushCo admit that there were no WMDs found. The only WMDs Saddam ever had were the ones Rummy sold him.

u sure? maybe u should check up on Russia and France for where they get the WMDs. after all u see alot of Russian conventional weaponry in Iraq's arsenal. not to mention France helpin Iraq with its nuclear power just before Israel destroyed it. if the U.S. helped in ani way its the civilian products that Saddam and his cronies who converted like farm products to WMD. its like turning pots and pans into bullets.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   

www.americanthinker.com...

Okay, a single tree doesn't make a forest...but 500 tons of wood comes pretty darn close...right? Check out THIS link if you're still wondering whether or not Iraq had the material or capacity to make its own WMDs.

Even the infamous Final Report, which declared there were no WMDs, lists amongst its findings, centrifuge parts buried in one scientists backyard. Gee, who knew?

[edit on 3-10-2005 by Toelint]

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Link

Apparantly Colin Powell & Bush forgot to when they admitted to not finding any.

I believe that there were wmd's when Blix was head of the u.n weapons inspection.

However if you go back to when bush was just 'starting' to talk about invading Iraq, the wmd reason didn't come up until later.

The very first thing he said at a press conference regarding iraq was that he felt '''''''it was just time to remove sadam'''''''

This was pre planned I believe before he even took office.

you can find the transcript's at whitehouse.gov, I made a thread about it in pts a month or two ago and it shocked me...

why did I sit down for a few hours and research the iraq constroversy?
Because I was sick of just listening to what other people had to say on the matter including media networks, I wanted to get right to the source to find the truth.

And the original truth didn't include the wmd reason. That came later because his original reason was so lame.

ps: And after that wmd reason came to the forefront of our minds, the laundry list soon followed...

[edit on 3-10-2005 by TrueLies]

[edit on 5/10/05 by JAK]

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Link

This was either a false positive, or a false flag which is why you will not find anything about it in the Iraq Survey Group Final Report.

www.globalsecurity.org...

If you think different please provide a quote....

IGNORANCE DENIED!

[edit on 5/10/05 by JAK]

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toelint

Okay, a single tree doesn't make a forest...but 500 tons of wood comes pretty darn close...right? Check out THIS link if you're still wondering whether or not Iraq had the material or capacity to make its own WMDs.

Even the infamous Final Report, which declared there were no WMDs, lists amongst its findings, centrifuge parts buried in one scientists backyard. Gee, who knew?

Lets take a closer look at your source.

.....the material was under the supervision of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) for more than a decade.....

The UN knew all about the yellow cake, and had it under seal.

It was not disturbed from the time it was sealed until the US soldiers broke in.

Yellow cake is not a WMD.

Yes, it can be made into WMD, but so can the bleach in your laundry room....

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Iraq DOES HAVE WMD's. But its only cause Bush 1 and Ragen gave them to him to wipe out Iran. Id say this is way they dont let Saddam say to much cause i dont know how to say absolute Hipocrates in Iraqi but thats all he would say.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
So because they could dump mustard gas and sarin into the Euphrates, this means they had the ability to actually weaponize it and load it into a warhead or something? Wah?

FANTASTIC article here

traprockpeace.org...

TONS of links, footnotes, etc

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   

So because they could dump mustard gas and sarin into the Euphrates, this means they had the ability to actually weaponize it and load it into a warhead or something? Wah?

Umm... Why don't you ask all the Iranian soldiers and the Kurdish civilians if Saddam's military had the ability to weaponize such chemicals? Oh, that's right, I guess they just forgot. Maybe they just misplaced their "Making WMD's for Dummies" book?

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Rasputin 13:

Why don't you ask all the Iranian soldiers and the Kurdish civilians if Saddam's military had the ability to weaponize such chemicals?

Well, considering that during all that time YOU, the USA, was SELLING him the weapons, I would say you definitely share the blame on that.

Do you think that the people in the area forget this? Just because you are ignorant of the fact doesn't mean they are.

And you are talking about things that happened in the 1980's. I am talking about things 25 years later. From 1980 to 2000 some things changed in Iraq, as I am sure you are aware. Any difference between America of 1967 and Amerika of 2005?

And also, how long do you have to wait after a massacre to actually do something about it? The Kurdish massacre apparently happened in 1984 and the USA continued to fund Saddam even after it.

So what's your stance here? When he was your friend he was still a murderous tyrant. When he was gassing people, he was on your payroll.

What does that make you?

jako

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
So, are all of you who claim that WMD were found in Iraq saying that Bush and his administration lied when they said WMD were not found?

What exactly is going on here?

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I think that you are desperately seeking a reason for us to be there-one that makes sense-well forget it. No WMD's, and the US teaching democracy is a sad joke. OIL is the reason, and I for one don't think that it has worked out too well for the working class, but it has made the rich richer.
Mission accomplished. Thanks GW! Hail to the thief! Do you still believe in Santa, the easter bunny and the tooth fairy. I think that thier existence is much more plausible. Wake up!

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
OIL, CindyfromFlorida?
Do me a favor: let me know when that Iraqi OIL is doing us any good, k?

seekerof

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
it would be disastrous to confirm WMD's.

Think about it:

Suppose you are the president and we have found 100 WMD's in 2003....

What do you do? Go on 60 minutes and tell Dan Rather what we found?

Then Al Quaeda, Hammas, and the Syrian army know exactly what we confiscated. What happens when Saddam then tells them he actually owned one hundred and one WMD's. All a terrorist has to do at that point is go through the list America publishes as "proof," and then you know which one they missed.

As a terrorist, you now know where to dig, and the West will have no idea that you're even armed now.

The trick is not to aquire a nuke. That is fairly straightforward. The trick is to acquire a nuke that the international community doesn't know about.

There's enough fissile material on the international arms market to make several 10kton atomic weapons. But the secret services in the west are watching them, to see who acquires them, and trace them back "to the top" of the various terror groups.

The REAL coup for terrorists is to acquire a weapon the West has missed, and then smuggle it into the west undetected. That's the only way they can get the thousands of bodies they need to change US and European policy.

I know a lot of American think it's incredible that we didn't find ANY WMD's.

I think it is literally impossible.

If we had found none, we could easily have planted some.

You can bet we found "none" for a reason. It was US policy going in: take the public relations hit as our only real casaulty in the war, but keep the WMD's out of the hands of terrorists for another decade or so. That was the real truth behind Bush's "mission accomplished."

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

You can bet we found "none" for a reason. It was US policy going in: take the public relations hit as our only real casaulty in the war, but keep the WMD's out of the hands of terrorists for another decade or so. That was the real truth behind Bush's "mission accomplished."

I think you are very close to the mark on this one. Finding them would have one consequence: wanting to know where they came from.

Besides, we went in to free up resources from maintaining "no-fly" zones. I am sure "mission accomplished" was referring to a carrier group leaving one theater for another.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArchAngel

Lets take a closer look at your source.

.....the material was under the supervision of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) for more than a decade.....

The UN knew all about the yellow cake, and had it under seal.

It was not disturbed from the time it was sealed until the US soldiers broke in.

Yellow cake is not a WMD.

Yes, it can be made into WMD, but so can the bleach in your laundry room....

LOL You think the IAEA Seal is tandimount to a lockbox. Believe me, it isn't! As for how hard, and how long the IAEA had to work to find this Uranium, I suggest you take a peek at this site:

www.iaea.org...

This is a complete list of IAEA inspections just between 1991 and 1992. I'd say it's laughable...if we weren't dealing with Bomb-grade Uranium.

[edit on 5-10-2005 by Toelint]

[edit on 5-10-2005 by Toelint]

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   

LOL You think the IAEA Seal is tandimount to a lockbox. Believe me, it isn't! As for how hard, and how long the IAEA had to work to find this Uranium, I suggest you take a peek at this site:

www.iaea.org...

This is a complete list of IAEA inspections just between 1991 and 1992. I'd say it's laughable...if we weren't dealing with Bomb-grade Uranium.

Then it is laughable because yellow cake is not bomb grade Uranium, not even close.

Yellow cake is what is mined out of the ground.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by xman_in_blackx

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

I think you are very close to the mark on this one. Finding them would have one consequence: wanting to know where they came from.

Besides, we went in to free up resources from maintaining "no-fly" zones. I am sure "mission accomplished" was referring to a carrier group leaving one theater for another.

How did we free up resources by invading Iraq?

We have committed far more resources to Iraq.

The illegal No-Fly-Zones that were not authorized by the UN required far less people, equipment, and money.

<<   2 >>

join