It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S Customs & Border Protection get Predator's big brother

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   

"Today marks the beginning of new chapter in using unmanned aircraft systems to secure our nation's borders as Predator B offers the CBP a superior over land reconnaissance solution," said Thomas J. Cassidy, Jr., president, Aircraft Systems Group, General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc.

"The ability to meet CBP's aggressive delivery schedule of 30 days from contract award was no doubt key to realizing today's historical moment."

The Predator B system, which will provide long-endurance surveillance and communications relay in support of the CBP's Arizona Control Initiative (ABCI), will be operated and maintained by GA-ASI personnel in close cooperation with CBP Border Patrol agents who will assist in the command and control of the UAS from a Ground Control Station (GCS) located at Ft. Huachuca.

Entire article

Imagine with they armed it and announced a shoot-on-site policy. That would probably reduce the number of drug runners and illegal immigrants by half. Since Predator B carries eight Hellfires or one 500 lb laser guided bomb, and who knows how many Viper Strikes or SDBs it could carry.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
shoot on sight on illigals and drug dealers... that a bit harsh adn you might never knwo when the comp will hit someone it suppose not to hit.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   

shoot on sight on illigals and drug dealers... that a bit harsh adn you might never knwo when the comp will hit someone it suppose not to hit.

What else can you do when Illegals are disrupting Military training exercises along the south western sates, directly hindering the training process of our armed forces.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
What else can you do when Illegals are disrupting Military training exercises along the south western sates, directly hindering the training process of our armed forces.

ye ai was getting pretty sick of the illigals already, shoot on sight?
bsides, whats that ratarted civil rights group will jump in really fast lol

[edit on 4-10-2005 by ulshadow]

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   
It was a hypothetical idea.
Anyway, you must be talking about the ACLU?
It’s rather funny, seeing as illegal’s are not Americans they are not entitled to out civil liberties.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
It was a hypothetical idea.
Anyway, you must be talking about the ACLU?
It’s rather funny, seeing as illegal’s are not Americans they are not entitled to out civil liberties.

oh yes, the ACLU. thats what i was talking about, it is called american civil liberty union, or soemthing among that lines, are suppose be "americans" .. not illigals... they need to change their title.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Hey, civil rights guy, for one, they are mexicans and others who are not americans, and why dont you come back and tell me how u feel when your dad loses his job to an illegal bean. Maybe when it hits home, and you finally see why we are trying to stop illegals, then youll understand.

Train

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigTrain
Hey, civil rights guy, for one, they are mexicans and others who are not americans, and why dont you come back and tell me how u feel when your dad loses his job to an illegal bean. Maybe when it hits home, and you finally see why we are trying to stop illegals, then youll understand.

Train

who me?

i am confuse

new topics

top topics

join