It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS can help you in school!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Yep, that's right, it can...

I'm just going from personal experience here, but recently, I've gone back to college to get more advanced degrees. It has been about 10 years since I last set foot in a classroom.

However, since coming to ATS, research is kind of a hobby. Each week, I routinely have numerous papers due. Prior to coming here to ATS, such papers would have seemed daunting. A 1400 word paper? Damn, that'll take a few nights. Now though, I can crank out a 1400 word paper during a couple lunch breaks!!! (and get 100% on them...always been an "A" student).

Just had to say....THANKS ATS!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   
lol, when I saw and thus clicked the thread link(before reading who wrote the thread or the contents) I presumed the thread was going to been written by a newb who mentioned ATS in his or her homework or something.

Today I learnt not to judge before reading :shk:

Nice one on getting continous high grades

[edit on 3-10-2005 by UK Wizard]

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I completely second that notion. I wrote an article on here last spring, partly with the intent of turning it in for an English paper. A few changes for formatting, instant A--looking at it as an English paper made me stick to the general rules of "good" writing, and looking at it as a research article for ATS gave me the necessity to do some deep research. You can pull the wool over a teacher's eyes, but the members here want proof.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
great news gaz...

here is my question (that has to do with ATS helping one in school):

could i put (on my college application) that i was published in the ATS newsletter???

i mean, is this a great accomplishment that would be worth adding???

thanks...

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
could i put (on my college application) that i was published in the ATS newsletter???

I don't see why not. It's an achievement!

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I noticed the same thing with my school work. ATS did help me out, I did a lot of research for this site and I retained it, my brain is my textbook now. I can write a 1500 word essay without much problems and in shorter time now, because I worked out more efficient researching methods that originated from ATS use. My typing speed and formatting skills have definitely improved.

GoldEagle

new topics

top topics

join