It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Devvy Kidd--Protecting Women's Reproductive Rights

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Check outDevvy Kidd's article on the right to choose.

Very interesting!

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Amethyst

That article is full of hate, and prejudgment, I find it very offensive to intelligent and productive people.

I hope that you are not following the article school of though and just referering to Chief Judge Roberts pro-bono work.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Amethyst

That article is full of hate, and prejudgment, I find it very offensive to intelligent and productive people.

Would you point out to me in the article where you see hate and prejudgment? I'd really like to know. Seriously. Quote me a passage and tell me where it's hateful and/or prejudicial.

I think if anyone's doing the hating, it's "women's 'rights'" people hating the babies.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I guess you just scroll down to the part that was more into your agenda no the part that bash gays and lesbian.

The fact that 400,000 people - who brought minor children to watch such filth in public - demonstrates exactly how far into the sewer Americans now wallow. Sodomites, lesbians and "transgender" perverts do not reproduce. Because these sexual deviants do not reproduce, they must have been delighted to see all those children being indoctrinated into accepting their toxic lifestyles and how everyone should be "tolerant." I call them future recruits.

This the personal opinion of the writer and is occurs full of hate, bias and pre judgement.

But that is ok, read the article carefuly this time without jumping to the "Womes abortion issues"

I stand by my previous post.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I guess you just scroll down to the part that was more into your agenda no the part that bash gays and lesbian.

The fact that 400,000 people - who brought minor children to watch such filth in public - demonstrates exactly how far into the sewer Americans now wallow. Sodomites, lesbians and "transgender" perverts do not reproduce. Because these sexual deviants do not reproduce, they must have been delighted to see all those children being indoctrinated into accepting their toxic lifestyles and how everyone should be "tolerant." I call them future recruits.

This the personal opinion of the writer and is occurs full of hate, bias and pre judgement.

But that is ok, read the article carefuly this time without jumping to the "Womes abortion issues"

I stand by my previous post.

Calling sodomy, etc. perversion is not hate--if the shoe fits, wear it! It's calling it like it is. To do otherwise would make one a liar.

I call pedophilia perversion...doesn't mean I hate the perpetrator though. The pedophile is a pervert. Now saying that doesn't mean I hate him...it's calling him like he is. Someone who steals is a thief and a crook.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amethyst
Calling sodomy, etc. perversion is not hate--if the shoe fits, wear it! It's calling it like it is. To do otherwise would make one a liar.

Rarely does the prejudice person feel that his views are based in hate and ignorance. He feels he is simply 'right'.

The white supremacist would say, "Calling blacks dumber than whites is not hate. It's calling it like it is. To do otherwise would make one a liar."

They do not see their bigotry as such.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   
So in your views anybody that doesn't fill your personal understanding of what a human being is out to be under your personal standards and interpretation of religious views should be bashed, hated and condemn.

That is a very Christian thing to do.

So in your views every women that commit abortions is a murderer, regardless of circumstances, and every gay and lesbian. . . a child molester. Right?

so I got right? I appologized in advance if that is not what you mean.

I wonder what Jesus will do, "love others as you love thyself" between brackets occurs.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Rarely does the prejudice person feel that his views are based in hate and ignorance. He feels he is simply 'right'.

The white supremacist would say, "Calling blacks dumber than whites is not hate. It's calling it like it is. To do otherwise would make one a liar."

They do not see their bigotry as such.

Yeah but we all know that that's not necessarily true. You're going on fact vs. opinion there. I'm not afraid to say that blacks are generally better at basketball than whites--they tend to be taller.

So in your views every women that commit abortions is a murderer, regardless of circumstances, and every gay and lesbian. . . a child molester. Right?

so I got right? I appologized in advance if that is not what you mean.

I wonder what Jesus will do, "love others as you love thyself" between brackets occurs.

A woman who performs abortions is a murderess. A woman who obtains one is more like an accessory to murder.

Not all homosexuals are child molesters. Not all fruits are apples.

Jesus did say love your neighbor, but nowhere did He ever say to tolerate sin. He sure didn't hesitate to call those Pharisees vipers and hypocrites, did He? He was calling them as they were. Was it hate?

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Amethyst

Read what you are posting, in your views "Any women that have abortion" is a murderer regarless of the conditions that may have prompted the abortion. Right.

If that is what you mean then. . . I may ask you, who gave you the right to judge others? God?

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Yeah but we all know that that's not necessarily true. You're going on fact vs. opinion there.

Your opinion is that sodomy is perversion. I do not share that opinion. It's not like your opinion is fact.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
www.mwillett.org...

Again, bible supports Pro-Choice/abortion, bible cleary says a baby isn't a living thing until it takes the breath of life, it is evil/blaspheme to consider a fetus human, blah blah blah......

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Full Metal
www.mwillett.org...

Again, bible supports Pro-Choice/abortion, bible cleary says a baby isn't a living thing until it takes the breath of life, it is evil/blaspheme to consider a fetus human, blah blah blah......

I see this exact same post from you everytime abortion comes up lately.

Full Metal - this is one person's opinion and interpretation on what the Bible is saying. Some people agree, some do not, just as with almost any issue that people attempt to defend using the bible.

Presenting any such discussion as the bible CLEARLY STATES something is really a stretch. Unless you have a passage that says it word for word (what you are saying) it is not CLEARLY STATED.

I really think it would help all such discussions if people would refrain from presenting a bibical interpretation or opinion as if it were fact, when it is really just one opinion. There is no final answer on such things as long as there are people of different beliefs and there always will be.

This type of post often ends up with a litany of posters debating what the bible says, and again, it is a discussion that cannot have a final resolution as long as there are people who interpret the bible differently. It's a useless debate and can derail a thread. It might be appropriate for it's own discussion on a thread for the purpose of presenting your point, but throwing it out on every thread you encounter with the word abortion in it is counter productive.

I also find it curious that you yourself in your signature seem to present that the bible is not a credible source anyway.

[edit on 10/5/2005 by Relentless]

[edit on 10/5/2005 by Relentless]

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Maybe he's posting it because he also is getting the feeling that some are trying to reform our justice system, our laws, and our gov't according to it's words?

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Pretty much Dawnstar, people try to warp the laws of man to fit a book that isn't christian in the least. God gave us the 10 Commandments, humans gave us the bible. In the bible it says fetus is not a human, it isn't human until it takes the breath of life, so people trying to warp the US laws due to bible are wrong, for the bible doesn't support them. It would be like making a US law that says you can only eat fish on friday because the bible says so. Or you can't work on sunday because the bible said so. God never said working on a sunday was a sin, humans said this. ALso, weren't some of the disciples of Jesus fishermen? So hmmm, fishermen get a passage in the bible that says eating meat on friday is a sin, except for fish. Is this anything like Coca Cola making a law that says drinking anything but Coca Cola on a monday is a sin?

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
look in the book of ruth and read about the courtship for her second husband......let's legislate that into the books!

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Jesus did say love your neighbor, but nowhere did He ever say to tolerate sin. He sure didn't hesitate to call those Pharisees vipers and hypocrites, did He? He was calling them as they were. Was it hate?

Read your book. John Chapter 8--the attempted stoning of a woman for committing adultry...Jesus wrote pharisees sins on the ground because no sin is greater than another...and told them "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her."

You don't have the right to "call it as you see it". God is our only judge. As you pretend to be the judge of this world, you sin. Again, read your book.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   
See, this is the problem with these Christian fundies. When you show them the real Christ they run and hide. Tis sad actually, the spirit of the anti-christ is so deeply entrenched into Christian culture that you can't even get a self-proclaimed lover of Christ to acknowledge his true teachings.

These people are trying to save a world that can't be saved--that should let them know that their work is not of God. The work of God is to save the souls of those that want to be saved through the teachings of Jesus Christ. The majority of which is the teaching of prayer and repentance--to die daily, as the folk in my faith call it. Instead of this they end up becoming oppressors and haters. Alienating the very people that they should wish to save through the love of Jesus Christ.

Jesus loved man even in his sin as evidence of this he forgave his crucifiers. And, when Peter asked how many times should you forgive your brother when he sins against you, Jesus said 70 times 7. If your brother sins against you seven times in one day and ask forgiveness each time--forgive him. Grace is limitless for those who truly seek it. There shouldn't be any hardness/vengeance in your heart if you follow the words of Christ. Your brother/sister's deeds will be judged by God...man has no say...even Jesus took care not to judge because it wasn't time for judgments.

But in the anti-christ spirit, Christians look down on sinners from their high horse saying you are damned if you do and damned if you don't...when "all have sinned and come short of the glory of God."--Romans 3:23 If you believe you know that there will be a time for redemption--a time for choice even after the rapture. The work of the Christian is to bring knowledge of Christ but many don't even know Christ, yet, because the teachings now are corrupted by the spirit of the anti-christ. Jesus isn't in their work even though they believe he is. They carry the wrath of the anti-christ and pass it off as the wrath of God.

This world is doomed to go the way of the wicked because the wicked is set upon it. The twisting of the teachings of Christ is just one aspect of this world's damnation...if you believe in that sorta thing.

Ummm, yeah, abortion. The choice to sin is God given. Choice is the way of God. Everyone must work out their own soul's salvation.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 06:46 AM
link   

And there ya have it, the thread has deteriorated into a bible debate.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   
pshh...the bible is the reason for this thread.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saphronia
pshh...the bible is the reason for this thread.

That is the whole reason of this thread, to gain sympathy for the anti women rights movement and to bash the gays and pro- choice movement..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join