It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eurofighter Radars Didn't Spot F/A-22s

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   
IIRC theres a home on jam A2A missile , and a home on radar A2A (I think the brits have them)

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Let's also remember that stealth does not equal "invisible" to radar, just harder to see.

Chances are the Typhoon radar would be able to detect the Raptor - just at far shorter ranges than it would be able to detect a conventional fighter.

Stealth aircraft can still be detected by radar, they are just considerably more difficult to detect and track. It isn't some magical invisiblility blanket. The idea is to be able to get within firing range, fire, and disengage without being detected, not that it can never be detected at all.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Everybody keeps missing one thing here. I read the part about the two aircraft not being in the air at the same time. I am not disputing that. What needs to be known is that during wargames all countries use degraded systems. There are settings and modes that are reserved for combat only. Nuke subs use sound generators to raise their accoustic signatures, aircraft use transponders to enhance their radar returns and lower power settings and frequencies are used on radar to hide their effectiveness. This is why I give no credability to the wargame with the Indian Air Force. I am not saying one way or another which way it would have gone because I have no way of knowing what was and wasn't used by either side. The Eurofighter may be able to detect the Raptor if it was using its radar in a wartime mode. Stealth doesn't mean invisible, all it does is to let you get in a bit closer without detection and increase your chances of getting a hit.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SenserIs it me or is no one reading this...??

The Eurofighter fans are reading what they want to read.

Fact: American stealth aircraft often fly in non-stealth mode when not in battle. Perfect example is B-2s fly over international airshows in non-stealth mode so air-traffic controllers can see them on radar.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by NWguy83

Fact: American stealth aircraft often fly in non-stealth mode when not in battle. Perfect example is B-2s fly over international airshows in non-stealth mode so air-traffic controllers can see them on radar.

Hmm,

Would this be the same as the F/A-22 Fanatics? There seem to more than enough of these folks floating around, the people here that support the eurofighter are merely making the point that the eurofighter does have a system that could detect the Raptor.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by NWguy83

I supppose I am a bit of a 'Eurofighter fan' whatever thet means.

In what way am I reading what I want to? Is it not true that no detection took place because none was tried? Have I got that wrong? I would have thought that this fact alone makes all the 'non-stealth mode' arguments irrelevant.

Did you read my last post in this thread? I thought it was quite balanced.

[edit on 5-10-2005 by waynos]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join