It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCI/TECH: Medical Science: Smoking during pregnancy increases chance of lesbian baby

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I clicked the link for the story expecting to read some details that supported the headline and the small snippet of information quoted from the story. I was *stunned* to find that the quoted snippet comprises the entire article. No details on how the study was conducted. No details on what evidence was used to make the controversial claim in the article's title. Frankly, the whole article seems to be completely devoid of anything that even remotely resembles a fact or even a valid hypothesis. Furthermore, the second paragraph states that the claim appeared in a Dutch magazine for graduate students. It wasn't even peer reviewed!!

Science reporting in the US is dismal at best, and this is one of the worst examples I have ever seen. IMHO, if ATSNN's really intends to establish itself as a reputable news portal, this story should be moved immediately until the author can provide some actual evidence that backs the claim in the headline. If all I have to go on is what has been linked to here, it isn't news, and it isn't science.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 02:47 AM
link   
As I allready said Chemical, this news story is not about a study, that's why you won't find any research data or study info anywhere.
This news story is about a theory outed by a well known neurologist who is probably the most knowledgable guy to talk about this, because he wrote the first standard-work in the world about the hypothalamus.

www.us.elsevierhealth.com...

There are no facts to consider, neither is this magazine for graduates public, or I would have posted the entire piece.

This is how it got in the news in the netherlands, and this is how I brought it to ATS.

[edit on 4-10-2005 by Jakko]

new topics

<< 1   >>

join