It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Statues :: serpent - man - woman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
mods: was not sure where to post this. I was going to post this in the UFO section due to the source, but I could not bring my self to do it. hehe If you want to move this to another section I would understand.

I can not find anything on the below sculptures. Anyone know anything on them? (Artist, location) Are these in a park or are they left over movie props? Any information would be helpful. Speculation is, I think it is a depiction of Adam, Eve, and the serpent from the garden of Eden. They look fairly new and some what large.

Source: (dont laugh! hehe) stargods.org...

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   
These statues are from the Vigeland Sculpture Park in Oslo, Norway which, at over 1 000 000 visitors per year, is Norway's most popular tourist attraction. The sculptures are the work of Norway's famous sculptor Gustav Vigeland. There are 192 sculptures representing over 6000 figures throughout the park. Most of them were created between 1926 and 1942, although work initially commenced on sculptures there in 1907.

The statues of the "reptilians" are two of four statues which guard a bridge in the Park and which are said to represent the struggle between Man's civilised and animalistic aspects (Reference).

Much of Vigeland's work deals with the struggles and triumphs inherent throughout the progression of the human life cycle and many of his sculptures depict the cycle of life in ways which are often quite dark. The Monolith, for example, a 14 metre high column carved from a single block of stone, depicts intertwined human figures crowned with infants, which many consider to be quite disturbing.

Hope this helped, GameSetMatch. Check any of the links or just do a Google search to find more information about the Park.

[edit on 2/10/05 by Jeremiah25]

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Thank Jeremiah! Interesting; I have seen that monolith before and heard of its disturbing nature, well most of his art is kinda disturbing.

I did not make the conection with the photos and the park even though I have see some of his scalptures before. I did not know the park was that big and such a tourist attraction.

...that is one reptilian mystery solved.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   
The monolith
external image

Here's a google image search for him that brings up a lot of his stuff. Interesting work.

new topics

top topics

join