It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jonestown Massacre video footage

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I am honestly amazed how few people my age and even a little bit older know about this. I tend to use the phrase don't drink the kool-aid when referring to someone who is swallowing some propoganda or some politicians bull crap. When I am speaking with someone around my age they look at me funny and ask what I mean by that. They are completely dumb founded by the story.

I had never heard such a low statistic as only 100 people drinking kool-aide or flavor-aide or whatever water based drink and dieing. I knew that some had been machine gunned down; but never in that proportion. Can you please provide that link? It would be greatly appreciated.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I question the "only 100" death-by-drink numbers. Over 900 officially died. Some were shot trying to escape at the last minute. Footage and photos and books all exist and the numbers are very different. A post on ATS isn't exactly a reason to BELIEVE official numbers are wrong.

Some people say that they "will drink the Kool Aid" with regard to buying into a hypothetical idea or something similar. Some are refering to Ken Kesey's "The Electric Kool-Aid Experiment". He pushed '___' in the early days and did it through dosed Kool-Aid.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   
A&E ran the Jonestown Investigative Reports with Bill Curtis this morning (Tuesday 11.15). It will be on again this afternoon at 4:pm central time.

The show does touch on suspected CIA involvement and the involvement of CIA agent O'Dwyer (sp?) who was at the cult's camp the day of the massacre as well as at the escape plane where about 20 escaping members were gunned down. He survived and later received medals. Go figure.

Also, before the massacre/"suicide", Jones clearly orders Agent O'Dwyer to be taken to a safe location. Later, after everyone including Jones himself was dead, a radio signal was sent from the camp on a CIA frequency.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I have a good friend who was on one of the first American Helicopters into Jonestown, after the massacre. He said that they had the doors on the choppers open, because at 10,000 feet the stench was more than most of them could handle with out spewing...

I could, if anyone is interested, see if he would be willing to talk about what he saw and experienced in public. I do know that when he has talked about it in the past with me, he cries and gets a very haunted look in his eyes. I say that to say this... I don't know if he will want to come out with anything knowing that it will be public. I can, but try...

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
That sounds horrible. I can't imagine it even after seeing the pictures. The way that camp survivors described the massacre with children convulsing, screaming, Jones doing his running mind-control commentary (if you see the a&e program he says everything in threes), parents crying, the dead lying around. Completely bizarre. A scene out of hell.

Also in the program, an inner-circle member of the cult at the headquarters in Georgetown slit the throats of her three children and then killed herself.

Also, audio of Jones definitely points to him desiring to live on and not killing himself. He had wired 1 million$ to accounts in Panama and Switzerland. Maybe Agent Dwyer killed him and then sent the radio broadcast on the cia frequency?

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Jim Jones himself recorded the big finale and the audio tape of the whole episode runs for several hours.
At first he is trying to calm everyone down so they can finish the ritual etc...but as it goes on he becomes more and more agitated as increasingly the cult members refuse to commit suicide so he makes a demonstration with his lieutenants machine gunning someone who has vocally protested and urges everyone to continue.
The children won't drink the Kool-Aide because the poison makes it too bitter so they change to a different type (Flavour-Aide) and add lots of sugar.
At some point he finds out that a light plane has just landed on the run way so he send a group of lieutenants over to kill them, this is where the footage comes from as one of the plane's occupants had a home movie camera.

It's really chilling...basically in the end the lieutenants "loose it" and begin randomly firing into the assembled crowds.

He wasn’t CIA, he was actually on their wanted list by this time for paedophile offences.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I hate to bump a 2+ year old thread, but I just started reading up on Jonestown, and was seeing if anyone had any updates.

Thank you.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
posted in wrong thread.

[edit on 15-4-2007 by RWPBR]

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Here's the audio footage mentioned previously played over a photo montage.

Warning Graphic Footage!!

The Jonestown Death Tape (FBI No. Q 042) part 1 (Running time 15:15)
www.youtube.com...

The Jonestown Death Tape (FBI No. Q 042) part 2 (Running time 29:13)
www.youtube.com...

What is that lady talking about? A plane to Russia??

[edit on 16/4/07 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 08:00 AM
link   
If I recall correctly that is not Jim Jones's voice. I watch A&E a few months back when they aired a program about it and they played his voice many of times. The women and her daughter at the headquarters killed the kids and they killed each other. When you talk about the camera man I think you are talking about when the Senator, his entourage and the people that wanted to leave were ambushed and shot. Where is the proof that this land was owned by the CIA. They might have taken it over when Jonestown was over. Watch the A&E show about Jonestown it is very informative and has some actual footage and actual recordings from Jim Jones.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   
They refer to him as Father, and he calls them his children.

Are there any allegations that the audio tape is a fake?

Found some News footage from the massacre’s 25th anniversary.
www.youtube.com...

They show the footage taken by the news crew in this video (which the OP was looking for all those ages ago!)

video.google.com...

[edit on 18/4/07 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I wish A&E would replay that show about Jonestown so I could compare what they have to the youtube link. The footage that you found was played on A&E, I remember seeing that.

[edit on 18-4-2007 by seisen]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Text GreenI read a whole lot about this a few months ago after seeing something on TV about it. The audio tape is very disturbing. It was hard for me to sleep for a week after hearing the tape.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dr_strangecraft

Around 900 People died and the "kool-aid" was Pottasium Cyanide a poison. It looks and tastes like Kool aid but its very bitter.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
A few years back I went to a play here in Minnesota at the Guthrie called Jonestown. The narrator of the story was a black man whom was in character, playing the adopted son of Jim Jones. There is so much to this story that some don't even know about. Jim Jones was working for the CIA. Bottom line. If it walks like a duck, talks and looks like a duck....you konw where I am going with this. There are witnesses who talked about the mind controling drugs that were given to these people and the stock piles of other drugs tested on these people as well. This was all MK Ultra. There is another post about this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

here is an external link:
en.wikipedia.org..." target="_blank" class="postlink">en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join