It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jonestown Massacre video footage

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Any idea where to find video footage of the Jonestown Massacre? I know that there was a camera crew and I remember seeing it on T.V. a while back.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Have you tried a search?

Jonestown Genocide?
Jim Jones Jonestown?

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Yes... I have tried a searching several times, was wondering if anyone knew what show it was on or if it ever made it online.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Okay, my apologies.
I see you have a very specific video in mind.
It was my misunderstanding that you were searching for just video.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I know that ARCHIVE.ORG has the final aAUDIO tape here. (very disturbing):

www.archive.org... o-details-db.php?collection=opensource_audio&collectionid=ptc1978-11-18.flac16

"An audio recording made on November 18, 1978, at the Peoples Temple compound in Jonestown, Guyana immediately preceding and during the mass suicide or murder of over 900 members of the cult." 44 minutes...

Let us know if you find the video (60 Minutes?):

[edit on 5-10-2005 by 2nd Hand Thoughts]

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Yes, I've seen this video but it's copyrighted material and the family of the deceased had it withdrawn from circulation (the camera crew were killed as they were filming.) It will probably resurface after expiry in 2028.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   
The camera crew was killed
Did the cult memebers murder them

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I'm no expert by any means. But I did a lot of reading on Jonestown back about 5 years ago. Here are some important things I remember:

Jim Jones had been accused of having connections with the CIA

Most of the people at Jonestown did NOT commit suicide. Only about 100 people drank cool-aid. The rest were machine-gunned at point-blank range.

A US Senator, who had gone down as part of a fact-finding team to Guianna, was killed, along with his entourage.

There were several OTHER cult compounds in Guiana, that were not specifically American based. THEY committed suicide at the same time, sparking concerns about some kind of mind-control program by CIA.

In the seminal "Search for the Manchurian Candidate," the author points out that one of the victims was none other than the girlfriend of Sirhan Sirhan, the supposed lone gunman who assasinated Robert Kennedy after he began running for president in 1968. The girlfriend had maintained that Sirhan didn't even arrive for work until after the shooting. She was the defense's sole witness, as I remember it.

One of the things that sort of surprised me about ATS is that there isn't more on this board about Jonestown. I mean, when you think about 1000 dead, that ranks up there with 9-11 among huge American civilian losses of life. But most people under the age of 30 have never even heard of it.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   
it was after the jones town incident that the swat teams made the joke; permission to shot the hostages, over!

sick world we live in!

*jumps back in the bunker*

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I give up looking for the video now too. I'm surprised it's so hard to find.

EDIT x2: Oh well, I deleted the links because the pictures didn't show up anyway.

[edit on 18/10/05 by Nventual]

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I think you might have seen the 2-hour A&E biography of Jim Jones. You can get it from A&E on a "copy on demand" basis on DVD for 15$.

Other programs on Jonestown like the film that was done way back ("The Guyana Tragedy"?) are available through some US libraries. I'd especially try a university library if possible.

I'm surprised more video isn't available online. I guess that's why there won't be any shortage of cults any time soon. No one is afraid of that happening anymore apparantly.

[edit on 18-10-2005 by 2nd Hand Thoughts]

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 02:20 AM
link   
oh my god, this is truly horrible, being the first time to learn about Jonestown.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 03:36 AM
link   
This is the video where the camera man is filming as the guy shoots him, and that last image on the camera is the guy raising the gun and firing it, and I recall some voice over remarking that the camera man just filmed his own killer, right?
I don’t recall if the camera just stopped after that or laid on the ground filming. I recall seeing that video a very long time ago, when I was just a kid. It seems to me though wasn’t that camera man with a group that was going into the compound to stop what was happening, and there was a gun battle between the group he was with and the guys in the compound?
Was he with the senator that was mentioned and that was his protection guys trying to get them out or what?
It seems to me I recall that video going on near some vehicles, like a helicopter, and the part were the camera man dies is like a gun battle going on outside. Like I said this was so long ago I only have a very vague recollection of it, but that bit about the camera man stuck with me my whole life.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 07:58 AM
link   
nwowatcher.com...

here is something about waco texas

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
What I think you may be talking about is an AABC reported was killed on camera in El Salvador. He was made to kneel and then lay face down and was shot in the bak of the head while the camera kept rolling. I saw it as a kid as well.

Just a point...the Salvadorian Soldier that shot him was CIA trained and was killed by an American M16 and American ammo.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Ive only managed to find a short 15 second clip (bad quality)of the Jonestown video
with a description of events from the clip,

But i'll keep trying to get the full version

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   

The picture is chilling, taken just hours after the mass murder-suicide.
News clip:
Greater Boston: Twenty-Five Years After Jonestown Originally broadcast November 18, 2003.
Broadband

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I try not to sterotype and I know there is no accurate sterotype for CIA operatives and the like as they recruit from all walks of life, but for some reason I think Jim Jones looks like CIA or at least some type of spook?

At least to me he looks more like govt personel than the sterotypical cult leader.

dr_strangecraft, you said "Most of the people at Jonestown did NOT commit suicide. Only about 100 people drank cool-aid. The rest were machine-gunned at point-blank range." I was wondering if you know where I might find an article or some referrence to the statistic that only 100 people were killed by the cool aid and the rest got gunned down.

Since this was before my time can someone tell me if the mainstream media ever mentioned the part about people being gunned down, and who might have done it? Do you know if it was it ever investigated by the media or various govt's like S Africa or the US? Thanks

[edit on 7-11-2005 by warpboost]

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 01:52 AM
link   
"Suicide" is a misleading term. Most of what I've read by authors/scholars uses "killed" at the hand of Jones since he brainwashed the people who died. Not only that, he called for "suicide" practice runs and the people never knew when it was going to be for real. Imagine living in that world.

The young children and toddlers were force-fed Flavor-aid (? and spelling). I'm not sure anyone drank Kool-Aid. I can't remember but it might have been a different brand. I do know that for the children it was definitely NOT Kool-Aid. Not important but a detail none-the-less. Makes sense that they'd use a cheaper brand what with all the practice runs they did.

[edit on 8-11-2005 by 2nd Hand Thoughts]

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   
It may be of interest to note the "owner" of the land Jonestown was on is owned by the CIA, and is currently occupied by Hmong refugees, from Laos who worked for the CIA throughout the Vietnam war as mercenaries against the NVA and VC.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join