It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are your major pet peeves?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Here are some of mine:

--When someone, especially a complete stranger, calls me Alex instead of my full name, Alexandra. I think Alex is a bit too masculine for my liking. Only my husband can call me Lexie and get away with it!

--When someone calls me "miss." I'm hardly a teenager anymore, I'm 32, I'm married, I'm a mom, I think I earned being called "ma'am."

--The title Ms. I'm not Miss, I'm not Ms., I'm Mrs. To me, "Ms." screams feminist, and I'm anti-feminism. I do wear a wedding ring, have the whole 12 years I've been married.

--People who say that Christians are guilty of hate; yet these same people have no problem hating on Christians.

--People who think Bush is a conservative Christian and dare call me a liberal because I didn't vote for him. (I didn't vote for Kerry either.)

--People who think I'm a Bushbot because I'm a conservative. :bash:

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   
pet peeves...

- When people roll there eyes, Sounds funny but it really annoys me, Its rude and annoying lol.

- Men who call me "chick" Im not yellow and i dont have wings! the only time i make the sound "cheep cheep" is when i see a sale sign in a shop window!

- hmm people who do not have manners! please and thank you go along way and really its not that hard to say,

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Got another one.

People who don't say "excuse me" in the store when they push their way past you to get something.

I agree with the manners thing. I'm trying to teach my son that.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
People with no manners really get on my nerves !!

Manners cost nothing and it doesnt hurt to be polite.

People who tell lies !!

Whats the point in lying , just be honest with people , you get more respect that way.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Telling people my pet peeves...

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   
If you insist, but I must warn you I hade to think very hard to come up with these.....

People who drive with a cell phone in one hand and anything besides the steering column in the other.

And people rushing through traffic to get to their exit only to find the people who have waited in line won't let them in. You have to grin when you see the guy/gal in front of you, cell phone in his ear, looking anxiously back for the slightest opening.

Of course, you also see a mile ahead of him/her where traffic is flowing smoothly. But you can't move until he/she does!

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   
People that give a little grin when they do something wrong.
Example almost hit you in your car and they look at you and grin with a woopsie
face
People stabbing you in the back just to get ahead in a job that you trained them
at and you don't get it cause you don't kiss butt.
People letting there dogs poo in my yard.
People staring at me.
Me getting road rage when I don't drive, I get it for the driver

Fast food places that take over 10 min to get my order.
Fast food places when you make you order : 1 hamburger 1 large frie nothing else and they say " would you like a drink with that?" what part of nothing else don't they understand?

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
It just irks me. :bnghd:

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Religious Arrogance

political intolerance

People that let their kids misbehave, and think that it's "cute"

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Religious arrogance.

Political intolerance.

People that let their kids misbehave, and think that it's "cute"

All of the above applies.
The one about the kids goes double for me.
There is nothing "cute" about a child that is out of control and causing mayhem.

EDIT TO ADD: I don't blame the child, I point my finger at the parent.

[edit on 2/10/2005 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder

The one about the kids goes double for me.
There is nothing "cute" about a child that is out of control and causing mayhem.

EDIT TO ADD: I don't blame the child, I point my finger at the parent.

[edit on 2/10/2005 by anxietydisorder]

I hear you there--and I'm a mom. I think I'm pretty lucky--my son, who is going on 4, has never had a public tantrum (so far). He's pretty laid back. In fact, there was this one mother who pointed to my son and asked her child why they couldn't behave like mine!

I hate when people let their kids scream in the aisles.

As far as the cellphones--one time there was this woman behind me in traffic, cellphone glued to her ear, trying to write something down!
Lady, put the stuff down and DRIVE!

I have a hands-free set.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Bigotry, intolerance, willful ignorance. You know? The type where people say "I think blah blah blah....I don't care if I'm wrong, even if you show me facts I'm not going to believe it...".

And blatant, shameless apostrophe abuse!

Great question, Amethyst!

Edit: My credit cards were all printed with my given name (Teresa), but I've gone by Tess since I was a child. I reeeeeeally don't like it when sales people/wait staff/whatever come back and say "Thanks, Terri".

I. Am. Not. A. TERRI.

I am a Tess

[edit on 3/10/05 by Tinkleflower]

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
You know the saying customer is always right?

Im one of those customers who is wrong! I hate it when someone tells me what I want or treats me badly.

For example I went to by an extra system as another server, I happen to prefer XP and the amd chip, but the owner insisted I have the ME operating system and the P4. Well after 15 minutes of "battle of the chips and os's", he finally gave in and gave me what I wanted. After I'd had it a few weeks I did a check on my system and found out he'd pushed a p4 on me, I went to go have a word with him and his store was closed, he went out of business... go figure
(I didn't walk out the store due to he was the cheapest
)

Another thing, im all for those with disabilities working, but I hate it when fast food places or any other employ the hearing impaired. I actually went into sub-way once and an employ said she was deaf and needed me to point. Fair enough, but I got a completly different sandwich from what I asked for.

Vorta

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I cant stand drunken girls in groups, they shout, shriek and embarass themselves and everyone round them and its just not fun.

I dont like students, as a student im constantly amazed by how many arrogant and ignorant students there are who insist on acting as if they know everything and need answer to no one. Especially the ones who study some nonsense like business studies yet insist on lecturing me about how to do my damn course.

As has been said before, rude people make me sick, there is no excuse for it, simple politeness is a virtue underappreciated in the 21st century.

Crap american sitcoms like friends or will and grace, stereotyped, unfunny and adored by morons.

And fat people. Nothing more annoying

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
People who judge me. "Ooohh yeah, you're kinda like one of those people that..." It really annoys me when people do that. You don't know me, don't assume that I'm one of those people who "Always does this" or "never does that".

People who expect things out of me, don't tell me, and get mad when I don't deliver. (IE - at work or school. Expect me to stay late, don't tell me, then get mad when I don't want to stay late).

People who take advantage of my kindness, then don't smile or say thank you. Naturally, I'm a pretty nice person. I'll lend people money, and go out of my way to help people. All I expect is a smile and a thank you. If I don't get that, I'm pretty mad, and generally cut them off from my generosity.

People who say one thing and mean another.

People who keep changing their mind one what they want me to do, but don't tell me. "Just go wait over there". "Why aren't you helping me with this!?".

I've got more, but another one of my pet peeves happens to be making lists

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
- People going 30 mph diagonally across a parking lot.
- People imposing their morals or beliefs on me or trying to control me.
- Blanket and/or superfluous laws and rules (example: Since there's a gang problem in school, there will be no more wearing of headbands)

- Hypocrisy
- Misbehaving kids in restaurants or movie theatres.
- Drama Queens (male or female)
- People who aren't accountable (blame the sun, the weather, the dog and other people for their lives)
- Gossip
- The drugging of America (funny, but people using recreational drugs doesn't bother me at all, but the recent push for everyone to take drugs for every little mood or pain, to lose weight or even for no reason at all! [ask your doctor about it] really gets me!

Man, reading over this I sound like a real crab!
I guess I'll stop.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Man, reading over this I sound like a real crab!
I guess I'll stop.

You're not crabby, your patience has probably just been worn thin for these kinds of things.

More things that annoy me:

When people over-explain things to me. I know, this sound stupid and petty of me, but it's true.

When people suddenly get short with me or snap at me for no reason. I'm just trying to explain myself, don't go nuts on me! I'm have a naturally kind disposition. But if someone gets on the wrong side of me, that disposition is no longer kind

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   
bad breath
tweakers

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   
HRMMM INDEEDLY!

think i need to vist ats store!

[edit on 5-10-2005 by Lysergic]

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Cold toilet seats and running out of hot water