It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Santa Compensated for Dead Reindeer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   
The article doesn't name the erstwhile reindeer. We can only hope it wasn't Rudolph.

Santa Claus will receive $5,000 in compensation from the Danish air force after an F-16 fighter jet frightened one of his reindeers to death.

Professional Danish Santa Olavi Niikanoff complained to the air force after a reindeer died with fright when a jet roared over the field where his animals were grazing, air force spokesman Captain Morten Jensen told Reuters.

"We acknowledge it was our fault and we have to pay compensation," Jensen said, adding that the air force regularly paid out sums of money to compensate for animals that die of fright when planes boom overhead.

Yahoo

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Actually it was Rudolph...

And the danish airforce said that this could happen again. Their pilots should be free to roam around and may again fly low over Santa´s house, possibly killing more raindeers.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I love fake news.

Guess I have to actually buy presents this year. Thanks a lot, ya dumb Danes!

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Fake news? Maybe it's not earth shattering, but it seems to be a legitimate story.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Not fake news. It really happened. It actually happened in February, but "Santa" just got his compensation now. Rudolph got scared to death by a low-flying F-16 from the Danish air force. I´ve seen this story in media all over the place. In major news channels. Rudolph is really dead...

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I found a great one. "Danish air force makes it onto Santa's naughty list"

Danish air force makes it onto Santa's naughty list

The animal, named Rudolf, was grazing peacefully at the central Denmark farm of Olavi Nikkanoff when the screaming F-16 jets passed overhead at low altitude in February. The reindeer collapsed and died, leaving Nikkanoff with the prospect of only one animal pulling his sleigh this Christmas.

“We got a letter from Santa complaining about his reindeer’s death and looked into it seriously,” air force spokesman Capt. Morten Jensen said.

‘‘We’re more than happy to pay if it means that children around the world will get their presents,’’ Jensen said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
I found a great one. "Danish air force makes it onto Santa's naughty list"

Yeah, for sure. I don't think anyone in the Danish air force can expect to get anything but coal in their stockings this Christmas!

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Rest in peace, Rudolph.

new topics

top topics

join