It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Western Medical Tradition

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
A good friend was telling me the other day that when you add up all the deaths due to all the varying mistakes made by the western medical system, you have the leading cause of deaths in the country. It ranks number one on the list when you keep in mind misdiagnoses, accidentals, bed sores, overmedication or giving wrong pharmaceuticals, surgical slip ups, and a whole host of other western medicinal failures.

To add to this problem, there seems to be an agenda which is slamming the research and fundamentals to a large range of natural cures, remedies, and homeopathic medicines. Our universe operates along systematic rules and laws, and despite the fact that we don’t really know all these rules, humans have stumbled onto some solutions. We live in a complicated age, but western medicine seems more flawed today than many of the older ways of thinking in which nature, prayer, and meditation all converged and contributed to the healing efforts.

I am skeptical of these huge conglomerates who seek to keep you sick. Only providing individuals with temporary fixes rather that permanent solutions is the strategy. Totally curing these things would cut of their supply/demand chain economics. However, if they could prescribe pills that needed refilling every month, and mandatory return doctor visits for updated prescriptions, the money keeps rolling in.

Think about it. How many weight loss pills, erectile dysfunction, ADHD pills are these companies making. But no cures, only temporary fixes.

Shixta-
I’m skeptical of the world around me and it’s time you are too.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Wow...that must be a lot of freaking deaths. I mean for in the country!?! dang...that must suck to have that reputation.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Although it does seem that there are a heck of a lot of deaths due to medical mistakes, it comes no where near to being the leading cause.
A study that was released on April 4th shows that deaths caused by medical mistakes numbered arounf 195,000, which is more than double the previous estimates.
Deaths by Medical Mistakes
It would though rank at the number three spot over Strokes which had only 158,000 deaths. Unfortuantely there are over half a million deaths each attributable to cancer and heart disease.
National Center for Health Statistics

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   
A lot of the western medicine errors stem primarily from the western notion of medicine - the so-called silver bullet approach. Medicines and care are designed such that one drug permeates the illness and solves the problem. An example of this is chemotherapy for cancer, as, by and large, it is used as a 'fix all' for the carcinoma.

What western medicine is slowly, but helpfully, turning to is more homeopathic, and treatment of the whole person, rather than simply the symptom.

That said, it honestly wouldn't surprise me if mortality rates were around the numbers stated; there are thousands and thousands of errors in hospitals. Consider even, that charts are hand-written and marked ... and we all know what a doctor's penmanship is like

Also explains why - and justifies - the ever-increasing cost of malpractice insurance for doctors, dentists, etc. They are human and make errors when diagnosing the most complex machine in existance

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I think that the title is misleading, what causes the deaths is not the Western Medical Tradition (whatever that may be), but the way people use it.

And no, I am not a blind follower of the "Western Medical Tradition".

new topics

top topics

join