It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC report on survey of lack of interest from UFO spotters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   
In late September, BBC Radio 4 did a report about a survey that showed that UFO groups around Britain were disappearing. The report commented that the spotters who congregated in pubs and social centres, seemed less and less and that it seemed that the appearances of UFO's over England were also becoming fewer.

The BBC spoke to a Yorkshire Ufo group member who agreed that people were less keen in meeting in person, but that discussions on ET and the rest was more and more prominent on the internet by people who never leave their bedrooms to do serious investigations.

Are we becoming lazy in this subject and just re-hashing info gleened from other sites?

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I personally kind of feel that.. well nothing is happening.
I have been into UFOs and I have seen at least 2 amazing candidates, but even so it just feels like aimless clutching with never any further proof. It's quite depressing almost, even with the stories I have heard and what I have seen myself it almost seems like there is little point bothering anymore without anything else substantial to base work on. We keep going on about significant events, but they happened decades ago!

I don't for one minute stop believing in the possibility Alien craft, I still believe we are visited, but at the same time nothing new happens apart from 3rd hand funny light stories. I'm still interested but you can only talk and research the information available for so long before it gets boring.

If there is something to the whole phenomenon we need something exciting and controversial to happen, we need another Roswell or Rendlesham or something even bigger.

It's just.. uninspiring at the moment......

[edit on 2-10-2005 by AgentSmith]

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Yep, I agree.
I don't know whether it's a culture change and that youngsters won't organise groups to to some decent sky watching.
I can amagine that these days it would something that would involve texting, giggling and sex, I'll be very surprised at the overall age of the watchers that are left.

I know that the internet can be an interesting place, but it does seem that the idea that ET visits the States mostly and only occasionally wanders over to our cold isle and with that, we Limeys have only the bones and scraps of American encounters to gnaw over!

Let's be honest, Rendlesham had American connections anyway!

join