It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bomb explodes in U. of Okla

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
One dead after explosion outside OU stadium

NORMAN, Okla. -- An explosion outside of Oklahoma Memorial Stadium claimed the life of one person in what OU President David Boren characterized as an "individualized suicide." The blast happened late in the second quarter of the Sooners' game against Kansas State University.

What's the point of this individualized suicide ? Commit suicide by blowing him/herself up is very rare, or never heard of. Not to mention that this explosion was very near the crowd. And another bomb is discover near there.

My theory is: The "murder" bomber tried to explose inside but couldn't due to high security. Then he/she got detonated. We don't know if it accidentally or intentionally to create chaos. But the wireless telephone network is shutdown right after that to prevent further remote detonation. Another bomb were found outside of the stadium. I think this bomb is intended to kill people who rush out of the scence after the first one explosed. Thanks to the police and security force, none of the nightmare has happen.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I have on many occasions stated that a high school or college game would be a perfect target for a large scale terror operation, or a lone rogue who has suddenly enamored by the fact they may make a difference based on specific religious beliefs. The fact that there were 2 bombs suggests however that this may have been a coordinated effort. The shutting down of the cell service shows this was no pipe bomb in a trunk.

This could have been a very, very bad situation. The blast appartenly shook the inside of the stadium. Why is there no more information?

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I just can not believe there is NOTHING more about this on the news....I have been listening to the news ALL day and I have not heard a thing mentioned on any of the cable news channels...

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Posted in this same forum just previous to you. Please use that thread.

top topics

join