It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drug sniffer dogs.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Hi,
I have been pondering the follwoing dilemma.A friend of the family keeps stating that the way that these dog's are trained is that they are given the drugs that they are meant to sniff out thus enabling them "junkies".I have a problem with this logic in that,Wouldn't groups like Peta or other animal loving agencies be all over the police forces for these practices.

so could people help me settle this and be able to tell me how these dog's are trained

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   
no they dont give them drugs

its a super danger actually
thats why the dog paws at it

I never understood that # the cops tell you the dog will BITE where the drugs are lol

yeah right, lets see a prized dog bite into a bag of coc aine and then die.

All the hardcore drugs will pretty much kill a dog instantly, now i know of dogs who will eat marijuana but they arent drug sniffing dogs, more like cannabis fiends.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   
i see after doing more research i came across the term pseudo drug.so is that like a placebo during the dog's training.I still cant find how they distinguish the scents and no what's drugs and what isn't.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   
from my personal encounters with drug dogs, the reward they get for finding drugs is praise and the occasional tennis ball.

Dogs want to serve you especially if they see you as the alpha. And showing them affection especially when youa re the alpha is all the payment they want.

pseudo drugs is probably what they mean by the crap they would take to schools to educate people on drug dogs

even if you are a cop you can't bring REAL drugs into a school lol

coc aine is simulated yet has same type of scent the dogs go for...

been so long since i was in school but i remember they'd bring the drug dogs up there every few years and show them off.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
there is probly an artifical scent that is used to train the dog. Even coca plants could probly be used. Cocaine is an Alkaliod that is extracted form the leaves, there are even reports of modified coca plants that produce more of the alkaliod. So if the dog can reconize the alkaloid when it is seperate from the plant all you would need is the plant to train the dog.

To dogs it is a game of hide and seek, that when they find the 'toy' they get rewarded

top topics

join