It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus the son of God

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Hahaha, great! Th3n you need not worry HOW I have used it to express a point. Thanks Radio Head! And thank YOU Dany for showing it.

[Edited on 9/11/2003 by SamaraMorgueAnn]

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Milkro, they called Him a Samaritan and said He had a demon in the same sentence. Jesus was a Nazarene, according to prophecy. He also didn't have a demon in Him, notice they used both in the same setence. The Samaritans weren't very well liked which might be why they called Him one. Also Pilate washed his hands clean and gave them the choice of whom to release and they chose Barabbas, right? Or something close to that.

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Jesus is not the Son of God. Jesus is God's creation.
God is not mortal human, therefore God has not begotten a Son. God created him... at least from a Muslim perspective

Maybe slighty off topic, correct me if I'm wrong, the Bible states the lineage of Jesus as a son of david through his father ummm who is not his biological father. What is the point of that? I mean shouldnt the lineage be traced through his mother, the human part of him?

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by SandMan
Milkro, they called Him a Samaritan and said He had a demon in the same sentence. Jesus was a Nazarene, according to prophecy. He also didn't have a demon in Him, notice they used both in the same setence. The Samaritans weren't very well liked which might be why they called Him one.

Yes, Samaritans weren't very well liked in Palestine at the time of Jesus, and neither were the possessed. In 2Kings 17:24ff we learn who they are and where they come from. They were a mixed people placed in Samaria by the Assyrian king about 700 bc. They kept the Torah, but a slightly different one which they had simplified and added to and deleted from, a rewritten Torah so to speek. They kept the Passover, but they didn't celebrate it in Jerusalem, but on their sacred mountain Gerizim. The enemies of Jesus may of course have called Jesus a Samaritan metaphorically because of his teachings and his understanding of the Torah, but IU somehow think there is more to it than that. But the point stays the same: The clerics and the establishment didn't accept Jesus as a Jew, as a son of God.

Also Pilate washed his hands clean and gave them the choice of whom to release and they chose Barabbas, right? Or something close to that.

Yes the story is written in the end of Matthew.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by paperclip
Jesus is not the Son of God. Jesus is God's creation.
God is not mortal human, therefore God has not begotten a Son. God created him... at least from a Muslim perspective

The Gospel doesn't say that God begotten a son, it just says that Jesus is God's special son. He is unique and there are none like him. He is one begotten. He was the son of a virgin.

Maybe slighty off topic, correct me if I'm wrong, the Bible states the lineage of Jesus as a son of david through his father ummm who is not his biological father. What is the point of that? I mean shouldnt the lineage be traced through his mother, the human part of him?

Yes, it would be the most obvious, but tradition is not something you change in one day. If you compare the two different genealogies in the gospels, you'll see that they don't even agree. I would say that it is wrong to trace the geneology of Jesus unless you do it through his mother, who by the way also was of Judah tribe.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Jesus is a son of God, not The Son of God. Jesus called himself a prophet all throughout the gospel.

True believers know that the Almighty God does not need any partners. Why do you think he's called the ALMIGHTY God?

Your right. The Gospel doesn't even agree on the geneology of Jesus so why depend on it?

And FYI, the word 'virgin' back in biblical times meant a young woman, not an untouched woman.

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I wish people would understand that Jesus is the Son of God. Also, each and everyone of us are the Sons and Daughters of God.

The difference? None except Jesus opened his heart to the father and did everything the father asked him to do WITHOUT QUESTION.

When and if this world ever realizes that the masters like Jesus, Buddha, Mohammed, etc. were trying to tell people the truth about God's love we will all be better off and all this "fear" that is spread among us will end.

We all carry the Holy Spirit within us. Many want to deny that. Many religions do not understand this or they do not want us to understand.

Instead, "fear" is preached. WHY????

This is not what the father wanted, and the preachers of fear should be ashamed.

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
Jesus is a son of God, not The Son of God. Jesus called himself a prophet all throughout the gospel.

True believers know that the Almighty God does not need any partners. Why do you think he's called the ALMIGHTY God?

God doesn't need partners you say. That would be like saying president Bush don't have partners. God is the King of Heaven, and Jesus is the Crown Prince who when he becomes King, will rule in the place of the Father in the Millennium. The Father was once the Word as John 1 says: "In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and God was the Word". Note how most Christian translations seems to mistranslate this verse, saying the Word was God. It still can be understood in the right meaning, but the alternative translations by the churches had a need to underline that Jesus is God, eventhough he isn't yet God and by their small grip they say that the Word and God is the same thing, something which it is not. But God was once the Word, but isn't any more. The Father is the winner of an earlier race, and the Creator of this Heaven and this Earth and their orders and laws.

Your right. The Gospel doesn't even agree on the geneology of Jesus so why depend on it?

Well, it's a fact that the first Joseph who was given the responcibility for young Mary isn't the only Joseph who cared for Jesus. The first Joseph died not long after Jesus was born sources say, he was an old man in his seventies when he was chosen to be the future husband of Mary. After he died, another Joseph took over, and this may be the reason why there are two genealogies in the gospel: One tracing backwards from Joseph the son of Jacob (Matthew) while the other trace backwards from Joseph the son of Eli.

And FYI, the word 'virgin' back in biblical times meant a young woman, not an untouched woman.

I know this. The Hebrews just like the Germans and the Norwegians call a virgin a young woman: German: Jungfrau, Norwegian: Jomfru. The English word virgin comes from Latin: "virginem (nom. virgo) 'maiden, unwedded girl or woman,' also an adj., 'fresh, unused,' probably related to virga 'young shoot.'" (from etymonline.com). In the Hebrew dictionary I use the word almah has the following meaning:

Almah:
"virgin, young woman
a. of marriageable age
b. maid or newly married ++++ There is no instance where it can be proved that this word designates a young woman who is not a virgin. (TWOT) "

No place in the Tannakh has this word been used for a woman who was not a virgin. All instances are about virgin women. It's a foolish discussion that probably started when the bible was translated into English which use a word for virgin that has a different origin than words like the German jungfrau which has the exact same meaning and buildup as almah.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 07:37 PM
link   
(I haven't read anything above this post)

But I'll say this: IMO Jesus said that we are all children of God, just as he was. He also said that the kingdom of God is within (gospel of thomas). This has much in common with the new Field/ Zero point Energy.

He also said IMO that we would do greater things than him and that we could move a mountain with faith the size of a mustard seed.

I believe we are euqals with Jesus and with God. Only thing is that we don't realise it yet.

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Illmatic, have you even read the gospels? If you have then you understood little.............

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
(I haven't read anything above this post)

But I'll say this: IMO Jesus said that we are all children of God, just as he was. He also said that the kingdom of God is within (gospel of thomas). This has much in common with the new Field/ Zero point Energy.

He also said IMO that we would do greater things than him and that we could move a mountain with faith the size of a mustard seed.

I believe we are euqals with Jesus and with God. Only thing is that we don't realise it yet.

I guess IMO means "in my opinion"? Anyway, Jesus didn't say that we are all the children of God. He said that whoever believed in him was a child of God. For to believe in Jesus means to do God's will. And him who does God's will is a child of God. It was God's will that Israel believed in the Law and he called them his children for living under the Law. And since Jesus was the Word or the Law in flesh and blood, the Messiah the whole Law prophecy about, it is now also demanded that we accept Jesus. For if we don't accept Jesus, we don't accept the Law fully and vice versa. It's as simple as that really. But the world rejects the Law and the world rejects the King of kings it witness about. Just like darkness rejects light.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 08:42 AM
link   
. His Word or Logos, through the Logos all things were made, in the fullness of time, the Logos became a man (Gal 4:4; John 1:1-3, 14).
He who dwells in unapproachable light, , whom no man has ever seen or can see (1 Tim 6:16), because no one has ever seen God; the Word, who is in the bosom of the Father, he has made him known. (John 1:18).
In that sense, the revelation of the mystery which was kept secret for centuries, now is made known by His incarnation becoming a man (Rome 16:25-

www.geocities.com...

Since Jesus is Eternal God, He was not created; we are created: "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am"--John 8:58.

John 1:14, 15
This passage confirms that the word is Jesus: "The Word became flesh, and made His dwelling among us, and we have beheld His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth. John bore witness of Him..."

John 1:18
"No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten God, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him."

Titus 2:13
"Looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus."

2 Peter 1:1
"...by the righteousness of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ."

Hebrews 1:8
"But of the Son He says, 'Thy throne, O God, is forever and ever.'"

Hebrews 1:3
This passage tells us that Jesus is of the exact same nature of God: "And He is the radiance of His glory, and the exact representation of His nature."

Colossians 2:9
This is a strong statement about the full deity and humanity of Christ: "In Him all the fullness of deity dwells in bodily form."

Romans 9:5
Paul writes "...and from them [the Jews] is traced the human ancestry of Christ, who is God overall..."

Hebrews 13:8
"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever." This passage teaches that Jesus is immutable -- unchanging in His nature. Compare this with Malachi 3:6: "I the LORD do not change."

John 10:30-33
This is another clear passage teaching that Jesus is God: "(Christ speaking) 'I and the Father are one.' Again the Jews picked up stones to stone Him, but Jesus said to them:
'I have shown you many miracles from the Father, for which of these do you stone me?'
'We are not stoning you for any of these,' replied the Jews, 'but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.'"
When studying the original Greek of Jesus statement "I and the Father are one", the word translated "one" means one in essence, or nature, not merely one in purpose.

Jesus possesses attributes that only belong to God
He is omnipresent (Mt. 18:20; 28:20; Acts 18:10) omniscient (Mt. 16:21; Lk. 11:17; Jn. 4:29), omnipotent (Mt. 8:26, 27; 28:18; Jn. 11:38-44; Lk 7:14-15; Rev. 1:8), and self existent (John 1:4; 14:6; 8:58). Only God has these attributes, so if Jesus also has them, He must be God. God says in Isaiah 46:9 "There is no one like Me."
Philippians 2:10,11
God declares that, "to Me every knee will bow, every tongue will swear allegiance"--Isaiah 45:22-23. But Paul declares that "at the name of Jesus every knee should bow...and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father"--Philippians 2:10,11.

Revelation 22:12,13
In Revelation 21:6 God says that He is the beginning and the end: "'I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End.'"
In Revelation 22:12,13, Jesus (see 22:16) says that He is the beginning and the end: "Behold I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done.
I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End." Jesus clearly shows that He is God by saying things about Himself that only God can say about Himself.

Before me there was no God formed and there will be none after Me. I, even I, am the LORD; and there is no savior besides Me," God tells us in Isaiah 43:10,11.

As Jesus put it, "He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him" (John 5:23) and "Unless you believe that I am He [compare Exodus 3:14-16 and John 8:58], you will die in your sins" (John 8:24).

[Edited on 9/14/2003 by helen670]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join