It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taiwan hit by worst typhoon ever in worst season ever - the english news headlines ...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Taiwan hit by worst typhoon in worst season ever - check the english news headlines the day after...

Super Typhoon Longwang lands a direct hit, at 120 miles maximum sustained windspeed, not only the strongest of three category 3 hurricanes to hit Taiwan this year, after Super Typhoon Haitang and Typhoon Talim...
... but also more devastating as the strongest ever so far, Toraji, which made landfall on Taiwan on 2001, with maximum sustained wind speeds near 100 knots (115 mph).

For the record, October 2, 2005, as Longwang is now over China - snapshot of etaiwannews.com headlines:

------------------ Meanwhile in other news...
One of two 5+ magnitude earthquakes for October 1, 2005, right under the typhoon,
as 5.1 here (with map), reported the day after only by the Bahrain News Agency - no injuries have been reported due to the tremor measuring 5.4 on Richer scale -
while being carefully hidden by
the government - USGS.

[edit on 2-10-2005 by MattMarriott]

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Uhhh, the Taiwan news snapshot says "Gay activists march..."?
Is that to emphasize a longwang?...okay, okay, bad joke.

Here's a at pic of the typhoon before it hit taiwan:

click to enlarge image

Here's the current Longwang (still a funny name no matter how many times I see it):

super hi-res sats here:
modis.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Typhoon, quake leave Taiwan shaken, stirred
Nature's double-whammy left 36 people injured from the storm, according to local media reports, but no one was reported hurt by the quake, a magnitude 5.4 -- capable of moderate damage.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by MattMarriott
Taiwan hit by worst typhoon in worst season ever - check the english news headlines the day after...

Am I missing something here? I am not seeing anywhere that this is the worst typhoon in the worst season ever.

new topics

join