It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help on UFO books

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Hello, I was wondering if anyone can give me names of any UFO books that they found very interesting, not just short books showing UFO pictures, but books with a UFO basis and evidence to back up what they say, etc.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I know of 2 good books:

1. Encounter - by Kelly Cahill
About her abduction - with 6 independent witnesses who were also abducted by (aparently malevolent) aliens. Later in the book she describes how they come back as poltergeists in her house. If u want to sleep at night i suggest u dont read this book. Some pics from the book:

2. Communion - by Whitley Strieber.
About his abductions, but mostly about how he tries to find a normal explanation for them and fails.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 07:28 AM
link   
For a good introduction to the subject a good and extremely detailed book is "The Mammoth Book Of UFOs" by Lynn Picknett.

Amazon.com book description says

The Mammoth Book of UFOs provides the ultimate guide to the history and background of the phenomenon, and attempts to interpret the meaning through summaries and true-life accounts about alien abduction, crop circles, and cattle mutilations, as well as through the analysis of the many conspiracy theories that surround UFOs, from alleged Nazi-originated technologies to bizarre CIA plots. Further in-depth materials include classic stories and abductee interviews; weird occurrences such as the "breath suckers" of Brazil and poltergeist outbreaks following UFO sightings; examination of the troubled history of UFO contactees, from their harassment to physical illness, murder, and suicide; the influence of cults such as the Aetherius Society, the tragic Heaven's Gate, and infamous tales of the Men in Black. Illustrated with photographs, maps, and witnesses' sketches, The Mammoth Book of UFOs is thoroughly researched and presented as objectively as possible.

More details here

But there are lots of great books out there and some that do similar jobs in less that 512 pages.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I'd strongly recommend William Lyne's Occult Ether Physics: Tesla's Hidden Space Propulsion System and the Conspiracy to Conceal It

There's a lot of physics in that book and the content doesn't have the woowoo creepy factor, but if you're seriously looking into this topic, you'd do yourself a favor by reviewing and considering Lyne's work.

Couple of links-
Review of Lyne's work- www.888webtoday.com...
William's web site- members.tripod.com...

Consider and reject if you will, but at least consider...

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I haven't read that many, but "Crash At Corona" by Stanton Friedman would be a good choice

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Bill Lyne's fascinating Pentagon Aliens is the most sensible explanation for UFO's I have ever read.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I would recommend Georgina Bruni's "You Can't Tell The People" about the Rendlesham forest incident.

Probably as close as we have gotten to an officially recognised event.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 04:39 AM
link   
i THOUGHT mAJOR cORSO'S "dAY AFTER rOSWELL" WAS A GREAT ACCOUNT OF THE AFTERMATH OF THAT EVENT.

caps lock off now sorry

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Hello

I highly recommend you the Disclosure Book, by Steven Greer. 573 pages of solid ufo evidence. You can read a review on Amazon. You can also get the book on the Disclosure Project website.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   
The majority of Timothy Goods books are worth a read eg.

Above Top Secret
Beyond Top Secret
Alien Liason
Alien Contact
Unearthly Disclosure: An Extraterrestrial Enterprise

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Since I have had my own experiences I have collected a number of books on the subject.

Amazon and Albris are the best places to go to find books on the subject. I highly recommend both book sites. I have actually gotten many of my ufo books on these sites at great prices.

I suggest you go through the listing. I recently bought one relating to the governments involvement with ufos. I can't recall the title off hand, but I bought it off either Amazon, or Albris.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
i get most of my ufo related books from ebay. I dont mind if its used if i can get it at a great price.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
hey i have a like a libary on ufo books i can help ya out
thesse are sum of the best ones with alot of information sum pictures if your thinkin of buyin sum look into thesse ones
ufo encyclopedia author willam j. birnes
the new conspiracy reader authors al hidell an joan d'arc
the lucid view author aeolus kephas
captured by aliens author joel achenbach
when time began author zecharia sitchin
occult investigator author bob johnson
the day after roswell authors col. philip j corso with william j. birnes
top secret/majic author's stanton t. friedman an whitley strieber
the hunt for zero point author nick cook
sight unseen author budd hopkins ans carol rainey
the cave of the ancients author t.lobsang rampa

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I also liked the books “EXTRATERRESTRIAL CONTACT” by Steven Greer

CE-5 : Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind (by Richard Haines

"DISCLOSURE"” by Steven Greer

The Day After Roswell: by Philip Corso.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   

I would recommend Georgina Bruni's "You Can't Tell The People" about the Rendlesham forest incident

Excellent suggestion...

Also, anything by Timothy Good or Stan Friedman.

Corso's "The Day After Roswell" is a good read, but realize that (as he states), his accounts of the events of Roswell are second hand.... His first hand account begins with his own experiences...allegedly.

On Roswell, Kevin Randall and Schmidt (regardless of what you think of him) did do the majority of the interviews with this case and the witnesses, so these are also good reads.

Edward Ruppelt's book is another (former Blue Book head), as is anything by J. Allen Hyneck (former government debunker then turned UFOlogist, so you could see some by him from both sides of the fence.

For balance, Jaques Vallee has some interesting ideas, and Klass does some good research but tends to ignore glaring facts that don't support his debunking angle.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I would suggest anything by, John G. Fuller, and Goode and Hynek, as previously mentioned.

new topics

top topics

join