It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Harlot Religion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   
From this passage in the Bible, in the Book of Revelations

Revelation 17: 1 - 5
"And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:
With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.
So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.
And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH"

A Pastor on TV whom claims to be a Prophet (or other people claims he is a prophet) said that the "Harlot" religion will appear in 2008.

So, I question, What would the Harlot religion be like?

What it is not.. Any current religion. If it was a current religion, then people would already be falling for it.

What could possiable unite all sects of the following religions; Christians, Muslims, Hindis, Budhists, Shintoists, Jews, Wiccans, tribal, humanists, Satanists and Atheists all to believe the same thing??

It WILL and MUST have mass appeal... So, this is what I believe it will be like...

This new religion will come about, It will have a figure head promoting this religion, At the services miracles will be performed. People will believe it.
I don't think it will be on TV, but they will advertise it on TV. The Figure Head of this religion will say they are waiting on the "Messiah" to appear.

I believe it will be rooted in Spiritual and Secular Humanism.
I believe Aliester Crowley's philosophies and belief system will play a major role in their doctrines.
Their goal isn't to bash Christianity or Judism or any other religion, I believe they will try to convert as many people as possiable.

Most of the slugfests will between Christians and Apostles of this "New" religion. Christians will be the first to figure this out and first to speak-out against and warn against it. The response will be "Typical Christian narrow-minded bigotry"

UFOs and Aliens probably will not play any role in this "New" religion.

This new religion will rapidly grow with emotionalism and emotional appeal, spun by former Atheists and Liberal Christians.

Speculation... The NEXT Pope will be ultra-liberal or have a liberal agenda to change the Church's long standing doctrine, this will cause great problems in the Church, many will leave as a result of it and join this "New" Religion.

Any Cultural Anthropological opinions?

new topics

join