It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Watchers"? anyone know anything about them? (story included)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I pulled this off of another board I read. it was in a thread about members' true ghost stories, and it was written by a poster whose word I trust. anyone have any similar stories? I've searched all over the place, and have come up empty on information on these so-called 'watchers'. I plan on writing a short story about them, so any information about them would be much appreciated. if not, enjoy a creepy story on me

There is a hidden graveyard in one of the few "forests" in the middle of illinois. Since it didn't show up on any current maps, and the only road to the place was what was left of the gravel path laid down decades ago, you had to hear about the place from someone you knew. Fortunately, the grandmother of one of my friends knows where this place is, and made the mistake of telling us where it is.

She called it a "quiet place," where the residents don't like to have their peace disturbed. Most of the people that were buried there were criminals that committed social crimes like stealing food in the depression. Some were executed, killed by the owners of what they were trying to steal, or they died of some disease that would be easily treatable if there was enough money for a doctor. Some of the victims were buried there along with the criminal that attacked them in sort of a eternal peace offering that all was forgiven. People rested in peace there because the hectic conflicts of their lives were finally over, and all had been forgiven.

Apparently they wanted to keep it that way.

The grandmother said that there were good people there, bad people that had no choice but to be bad, and bad people that hurt others for no reason. Now they get along because they are sorry for what they did, the good people accept that, and everyone rests in harmony. When asked how she knew that, she said "since you're going to go anyways, just take some time to notice how quiet it is there. If just one person didn't like another, there wouldn't be that peace."

It was quiet in the woods.

The gravel road lead to double door iron bar gates that were connected to an iron bar fence. The gate was at least 12 feet at its sweeping pinnacle, and the iron fence was about eight feet with a spiked crown. Luckily, the gate was open.

As my three friends and I walked the graveyard, we noticed that is was still very well kept. The grass was still low on the ground, and there were no signs of vandalism. The graveyard had been abandoned for about 30 years, so it was confusing how it could look so nice.

There were various types of gravestones from the simple flat in the earth kind, to large monuments with the virgin mary adorning the top. Mausoleums were in the back of the graveyard mostly, and there was a small chapel in the middle of the cemetary. It was a nice contrast between the large, rectangular mausoleums, and sharp, barn roof chapel, and they looked to be in perfect condition.

The fence surrounded the entire cemetary and a large portion of woods in the back. The woods were unused for anything that seemed to be part of the graveyard, but they were fenced in. The woods pressed flushly against the fence on all sides, and it was impossible to see through the trees. The cemetary was perfectly isolated from any unintentional visitors.

We arrived at sundown on a clear september day. The heat was low, the wind was light, and the night was clear. Aside from our occasional whisper, the only noise was the gentle rustling of the dark forest that surrounds us.

After an hour of quietly observing the grounds, we began to talk more. The conversations grew louder and louder, and we began to become more comfortable with our new surroundings. Someone suggested that we try the door to the chapel (since we were no longer scared), and we all went to the door of the building. The chapel door faced the entrance to the gate, and we all gave a quick look to make sure it was still open before we tried the door.

It was locked, and my friend kept trying the knob. He shook the door to see if they were just stuck, and pounded on them as well. We convinced him to give up, and we retreated to the back of the graveyard to look at the mausoleums more.

We had made a mistake. Stupidly, we had broke the silence.

Walking back to the mausoleums, I noticed something was in the trees. I told my friends to hold up, and come check out what I was looking at. As we walked parallel to the tree line, what it was came into focus.

What appeared to be a thin man was standing there, perfectly still. He was in a black suit, with a black tie, and had short black hair slicked back on his head. His face was pale and his mouth was closed, but there was something very wrong with is eyes. They were at least three to four times larger than normal eyes, and they were wide open. He looked like someone tried to represent what a human looks like, but made a mistake. It was wrong, it wasn't real.

He started walking towards us.

At first we thought the expression was that of shock, but we realized it was intense anger. We all yelled "RUN!" and ran back to the front of the graveyard to the gate. As we were running, I looked behind me and saw that is was running too, and gaining on us. I was the last one out, and two seconds after I slipped through I heard a loud WAM on the iron gates behind me. The gates weren't closed, but something had hit them so hard after I left that they were shaking.

We piled in the car and took off down the road when one of my friends, the one who shook the doors, realized he had dropped his wallet and money back there. Apparently, his pants caught a tree branch outside of the gate, ripping his pocket and sending his stuff everywhere. He finally convinced us to turn around so he could check outside of the fence at least for it.

We parked about 30 feet away from the gate and let him get out. We're not going to risk ourselves. As he gets out, he runs to the gate, looks to his left, and then slides in between the trees and the fence, out of our sight. 10 seconds later we see him, holding his wallet, and slowly walking along inbetween the trees and the fence, and staring into the graveyard.

Right on the other side of the fence, no more than a foot away, the thing that chased us is walking right in front of him, matching his speed and staring right into his eyes. He finally gets to the road and runs back to the car, and as we speed way we saw the ghost staring right at us. A wind picked up and moved a tree branch in front of our view for just a second, and the ghost was gone when the branch cleared our view.

I know I can avoid the watcher if I stay away from his graveyard, but I don't know what other watchers I may accidentally disturb. . .

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 09:42 PM
link   
This is what Watchers looked like when I was a kid.

(although, in Fantastic Four and Avengers, while just as egg-headed he was taller and more ominous).

There are other kinds of watchers as well, like in Peter Sellers' character Chancy Gardener in Being There, who "liked to watch".

I haven't any personal experience of the kinds of watchers who hang around watching people in graveyards.

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar

(although, in Fantastic Four and Avengers, while just as egg-headed he was taller and more ominous).

you must be more...mature than I am
although that's why I'm asking this question here. googling 'watchers' gets all sorts of pop-cultural type stuff, but nothing that I'm looking for. and unfortunately, I've no idea what else these creatures might be called. so, I've turned here

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I would suggest getting a copy of John Keels book - The Mothman Prophesies.

The way the 'Ghost' was discribed seems very similar to some of the 'entities' discribed in his book.

If youve seen the movie - drop any preconcieved notions you may have regarding the book. The 2 are quite different - and the book is much much better than the movie.

None the less... John Keel shares some interesting experiences with entities that I would feel comfortable terming 'watchers'. A phenomenan that has been with Man kind since the begining.

Jah.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jahyamabushi

really? I've been meaning to read it for a long time, and since it's been suggested to me about 3 times in the past week, I think it's a sign that I should find myself a copy. thanks for the info

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by MorningtonCrescent

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar

you must be more...mature than I am
although that's why I'm asking this question here. googling 'watchers' gets all sorts of pop-cultural type stuff, but nothing that I'm looking for. and unfortunately, I've no idea what else these creatures might be called. so, I've turned here
Watchers are also known more popularly as Nephilim, they are the giants that resulted when the "sons of god" pro-created with the "daughters of man".
There are many stories most of which place there origins in the mountains of the middle east.

[Edited on 17-9-2003 by NephraTari]

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
Watchers are also known more popularly as Nephilim, they are the giants that resulted when the "sons of god" pro-created with the "daughters of man".
There are many stories most of which place there origins in the mountains of the middle east.

thank you! now I at least have a name to go on. too bad I'm already 7 pages into my script. back to the drawing board, I suppose

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jahyamabushi

really? I've been meaning to read it for a long time, and since it's been suggested to me about 3 times in the past week, I think it's a sign that I should find myself a copy. thanks for the info

Not a bad little movie either... Richard Geer in a decidedly different role.

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Don't worry about disturbing those damned watchers. They are the ones who come around to disturb you. And then those monkeys think that they have the right to blame any incident that occurs, on you. Watch out for those dirty watchers when they do come around. Take them by the heel, swing them around above you head and then let go and see how far they have flown and where they land. Just some fun game!

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 06:34 PM
link   
i have no idea of these "watchers" are or where there from, but just out of curiosity... how tall were they???

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 08:03 PM
link   
This reply may be late in coming... anyway...
The only watchers I am familiar with would be: guardian spirits, not the Catholic kind, but rather American Indian; protecting not just an individual, but more likely an area... the Nepi from the Enochian texts, the Watchers from Lovecraftian stories, and the one I knoe personally... the Guardians of the Gates (vortex where dimensional crossings can occur, each Guardian is entrusted to a particular "plane" to keep people from crossing out, or those on the Outside to stay outside).
This probably doesn't help at all, since it's generalized, but anything goes, heh?

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by pizzout
i have no idea of these "watchers" are or where there from, but just out of curiosity... how tall were they???

no clue, although if I can get a hold of the person who posted this story originally (I swiped it off of another board), I'll ask him.

edit: and soothsayer, thanks. any leads on what exactly this is are very much appreciated

[Edited on 9/18/2003 by MorningtonCrescent]

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari

thank you! now I at least have a name to go on. too bad I'm already 7 pages into my script. back to the drawing board, I suppose

pfft keep on your course, I didn't know you were a screenwriter too. LOL I am wrinting about the Nephilim right now.. Oh no, now its a race for copyright.

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by pizzout

according to writings they were giants.

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I am starting to read a book titled "The Watchers" It does not have anything to do with ghosts though, just aliens & abductees and why they are observing and using our dna, sperm, ovam cells (human-grey hybrids)

new topics

top topics

join