It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Sonic Boom Pictures ( Heres Mine )

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
This has got to be the best one I have ever seen. This just shocks me when these are caught on film. If you have one please share with the rest of us. Found this one at Anomalies-unlimited.com . How this happens I just have trouble understanding . There are other great pics on this site.

Ensign John Gay, photo officer for Fighter Squadron Two (VF 2), took this amazing photo of a F/A-18 Hornet
as it broke the sound barrier. The jet was assigned to Strike Fighter Squadron One Five One (VFA-151) and John was standing on the 0-10 level weather deck of the USS Constellation (CV 64). He used a Nikon N-90s, Nikon 70-300 ED zoom lens and Kodacolor 200 negative film. The camera was set for manual exposure of F/5.6 at 1/1000 sec. John, the lucky and talented dog, caught this masterpiece with a single shot by
prefocusing at approximately 200-300 yards off the port side of the ship and then panning left to right as
the aircraft flew by. This image has appeared in many publications worldwide.

[edit on 1-10-2005 by Harry55]

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   
There are some more on this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Thanks djohnsto77, I did not realize this had been brought up before. Those are great too. Everyone should take a look. Above Top Secret Here.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   
its a good pick, but every f18 squadron in the navy has it, and has had the pic for several years (as well as a few FAA facilities). its kind of the unofficial f18 sonic boom pic. the condensation over the ocean is what caused the cloud around the aft end of the hornet. he was pretty damn low when it was taken. still a cool pic though.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Yeah, there's alot of posters with that picture in poster shops too.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Lets try to keep this in the existing discussion here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please contribute to the existing thread.

Thread closed.

top topics

join