It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Were the DC protesters victims of bio-terrorism?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I found this and thought it was interesting:

Air sampler detected possible disease agent during protests October 1, 2005 WASHINGTON Officials are revealing that air sensors on the National Mall detected a possible disease agent last weekend during the Iraq war demonstrations. Health officials say the sensors showed signs of a low level presence of Tularemia bacterium. Tularemia can be treated with antibiotics and is not contagious.

www.livejournal.com...

peace

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   
"air sensors on the National Mall"
That's pretty interesting in itself, but I think if Uncle Sam was going to hit the protest they would use something virulent and contagious. Don't get me wrong, I know for a fact they have and do experiement with Pathogens on the general population, you can FOIA the documents to proove it, but I don't think Uncle Sam would waste his time with Tularemia.
I wouldn't rule it out either though. How rare is Tularemia, and it is possible the demographics of the protestors themselves, or the sheer incresase in population could have had something to with it?

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   

How soon do symptoms appear?

Symptoms can appear between one and 14 days after exposure, but usually do so after three to five days.

i was there...mind you not part of the protest, but my wife and i had to pick our way through the protestors on the mall because we were checking out historic parts of dc we havent seen yet.....feel great as of this moment. i'll let you know if i get sick this week or next, but i'm pretty confident this is another b.s. scare tactic of the antiwar crowd.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Could it be that all of the hippies and their poor personal hygene set off the biological toxin sensors? They're walking WMD factories with more bio-hazards in their armpits than Saddam had prior to 1991!

I'm sorry, I just couldn't pass this one up. It was much too easy...

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
Could it be that all of the hippies and their poor personal hygene set off the biological toxin sensors?

Hippies and poor personal hygene is propaganda fostered by the unhip.
I'm a hippy and I shower/bathe with my girlfriends 2 maybe 3 times a day.

Hot tubbin with friends also helps. Feelin a little repressed El Ras?

[edit on 2-10-2005 by whaaa]

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Here is some more of what I found on this, although I heven't heard that anyones sick...

(RICHMOND, Va)—The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) notified the states of Maryland and Virginia and the District of Columbia today that an airborne form of Tularemia bacterium was detected by air sensors in the vicinity of the National Capital Mall during the weekend of Sept. 24 - 25. Since then, additional tests from these collectors have all been negative

www.vdh.state.va.us...

this is about the sensors nationwide:

The network of nearly 500 sensors nationwide has never raised a false alarm, said Dr. Parney Albright, an assistant secretary for Homeland Security. Albright and others declined to say which cities are covered, but local authorities have acknowledged the devices are in Washington, New York, Chicago, Houston, San Francisco, San Diego and Boston.

msnbc.msn.com...

peace

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
Could it be that all of the hippies and their poor personal hygene set off the biological toxin sensors? They're walking WMD factories with more bio-hazards in their armpits than Saddam had prior to 1991!

I'm sorry, I just couldn't pass this one up. It was much too easy...

Rasputin, contrary to what the GOP party line is, not all anti-war people are flaming liberal tree-hugging hippies.

I'm not against a just war, I'm just against picking fights with other nations who are no real threat to us--all this preemptive stuff.

And my views are very conservative. There's conservative, then there's neo-con. I jumped the neo-con ship last year. It's sinking.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Isn't the idea of "dirty" hippies just a bit oudated (like 30+ years)?? LOL
Back to the subject at hand, I read that the amount of the biological agent was consistent with what would be found in the normal population. Ok, that sounds alright on the face of it, but I would think, that for sensors to pick up anything, it would have to be in a stronger concentration than occurs in the average population.
So, this is still up in the air, as far as I'm concerned.
joey

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Sadly, it wouldn't shock me at all if parts of the the .gov were using biowarfare "dirty tricks" against peaceful protestors. It honestly wouldn't suprise me if a lot of people supported such tactics. Convince yourself that people who oppose your pet war are "traitors" for long enough, and you'll start approving the use of any tactics against them, however loathsome.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I haven't heard about anyone sick yet?? Have you??

peace

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Also, isn't it simply possible that this rabbit disease was from, well.....bunnies???

Its not capable of human-human spreading either.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   
So why do you think the protesters were the target?

Perhaps it's just a natural event that can happen with large
crouds.

Or how about that the protesters could have brought it with them
in an effort for THEM to sicken those who work in Washington??
hmmmm? It would be stupid of them to do so, because they would
sicken themselves as well. But people in general aren't too bright
sometimes.

I'm with Nygdan ... The rabbits are guilty of this.

[edit on 10/3/2005 by FlyersFan]

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
I'm a hippy and I shower/bathe with my girlfriends 2 maybe 3 times a day.

that's when you have girlfriends. what about the other 364 days of the year?

sorry, I couldn't resist.

peace

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by joey
Isn't the idea of "dirty" hippies just a bit oudated (like 30+ years)?? LOL
Back to the subject at hand, I read that the amount of the biological agent was consistent with what would be found in the normal population. Ok, that sounds alright on the face of it, but I would think, that for sensors to pick up anything, it would have to be in a stronger concentration than occurs in the average population.
So, this is still up in the air, as far as I'm concerned.
joey

You obviously haven't been to a Phish or Widespread Concert or around many hippies then. The idea of hippies stinking is still correct trust me.

I'm going to go ahead and declare anyone who actually believes our government cares enough about war protestors to use "agents" on them, is an absolute moron. As if you could actually contain any bio weapons to such a small area. And if you are going to risk using bio weapons on civilians which sounds rediculous even discussing...don't you think they would pick better than one as trivial as Tularemia.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by rstrikYou obviously haven't been to a Phish or Widespread Concert or around many hippies then. The idea of hippies stinking is still correct trust me.

if you're talking about a 3 day phish fest, sure there's going to be a smell . however, I'd take a two day phish concert over the smell of moshipit sweat any day of the week.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   
well, for the record....still not sick

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   
still not sick

new topics

top topics

join