It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Learning Channel Bites

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   
"While you Were Out"
"What not to Wear"
"Clean Sweep"

What the hell happened to the Learning Channel? They used to have awesome shows like "Paleo World" "The Secret Life of Machines" and "Connections" and now they have this... drivel.

The Discovery channel is guilty of this sort of thing to a lesser degree. There is almos no redeeming stuff on TLC anymore. I mean, is this even remotely connected to "Learning?" Why don't they change it to the "Home Ec Channel" or something similar?

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I agree! TLC used to be good back in the day. Teen Species was actually my fave show on that program
(don't ask why). And now they have shows like, What Not To Wear, Trading Spacs. What the hell is this crap!?
WHy can't they put those programs on HGTV channel. Well since TLC is goin down, I'm turnin to History Channel now.

[edit on 1-10-2005 by Striker122]

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I wish that you could do a "per-channel" cable subscription. All I would want is:

The local channels
The Weather Channel
A&E
Animal Planet
Discovery
Discovery Wings
The Science Channel
The History Channel (aka the Hitler Channel)
VH1 (man, I feel old for saying that, but everything on MTV is cookie-cutter hip-hop crap that's constantly regurgitated and recycled.)

Plus, maybe one of those channels that just has a camera aimed at an aquarium or a fireplace with no ads.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I agree the learning channel used to have interesting stuff to watch and learn from that you could turn on anytime of the day and see now its the same house improvement show over and over again. I still turn to the channel hopeing to see something on i might watch but there is never anything on.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I can say I never watched TLC in the last 5 years. It's days with me were numbered when they came out with Trading Spaces. At almost any given time there will be a show that is about interior decorating, dating, or weddings. Remember when it was good? Shows about UFOs, Junkyard Wars, extreme weather shows etc.. (can't remember more, long time ago).

Finally someone who agrees with me, TLC has gone down the drain.

GoldEagle

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   
JUNKYARD WARS!

Wow, that was an awesome show! Absolutely loved it! Years ago they played BBC gems like "The Secret Life of Machines" and "Connections."

Now it's just crap. Lowest-common-denominator. ALMOST EVERYTHING on TV is geared to the absolutely-lowest-common-denominator.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   
WTF!!!!!!!!! Happened to Junkyard Wars!?!?!?!?!??? That ws such a cool show.
Also TLC used to have programs on about Medieval warfare (How is that not cool?) UFO's, Science and the occasional gem like Junkyard Wars.
Now... Its Lifetime channel , Reality style.

AND I HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:bash::bnghd:

new topics

top topics

join