Guess I came to this party a little late.
I have been lurking the shadows watching.....
1. I believe that the H + H DVD-ROM DVD-41SD SCSI CdRom Device which you list is not a physical drive. It is a virtual drive created by dvd/cd
burining software. That is why you cannot enable it. It is only enabled while burning cd/dvd's.
2. If in device manager, you dont see a real CD/DVD, then you have about three possible causes of the problem.
a. CD/DVD died (possible but not probable)
b. The ribbon cable came off of the CD/DVD (also not very probable)
c. You installed other burning software recently that caused a software conflict with your other existing software (most likely)
3. You can download and run a free pc audit program like Belarc
to help you find out the model of
your real CD/DVD.
4. Packard Bell does have a UK website that will help you. You dont need reciepts, just type the pc serial number into the
. There is supposed to be a fix somewhere there on the support pages.
5. If you find out what your CD/DVD really is, you can just reinstall the drivers for that model. You may get really lucky and find the drivers
6. If all else fails google search the H + H DVD-ROM
DVD-41SD SCSI CdRom
, or just That is how I found most of this out. However, most of the links are in languages that I dont understand.
7. You wont need the Operating System CD. It is on your harddrive in a hidden partition.
8. This same thing has happened to A LOT of people judging from the searches that I have done. So dont let it get to you. Just try to have fun with
it while you search for the fix...... Like this.....
Best of Luck
[edit on 3-10-2005 by makeitso]