It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Technical Note: To be used in case Prassi Primo DVD or RecordNow DX is unable to detect the CD-R or CD-R/W drive. Error messages include:"PX.DLL not found" and "CD Writter not found" . Only use in cases where CD-Writer/ReWriter drive is not detected.
Originally posted by makeitso
1. I believe that the H + H DVD-ROM DVD-41SD SCSI CdRom Device which you list is not a physical drive. It is a virtual drive created by dvd/cd burining software. That is why you cannot enable it. It is only enabled while burning cd/dvd's.
2. If in device manager, you dont see a real CD/DVD, then you have about three possible causes of the problem.
a. CD/DVD died (possible but not probable)
b. The ribbon cable came off of the CD/DVD (also not very probable)
c. You installed other burning software recently that caused a software conflict with your other existing software (most likely)
3. You can download and run a free pc audit program like Belarc to help you find out the model of your real CD/DVD.
4. Packard Bell does have a UK website that will help you. You dont need reciepts, just type the pc serial number into the Packard Bellwebsite. There is supposed to be a fix somewhere there on the support pages.
5. If you find out what your CD/DVD really is, you can just reinstall the drivers for that model. You may get really lucky and find the drivers located here.
6. If all else fails google search the H + H DVD-ROM DVD-41SD SCSI CdRom, or just That is how I found most of this out. However, most of the links are in languages that I dont understand.