It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any one have insomnia associated with OBE attempts?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I still have not successfully had an OBE yet but last night I was giving it a try. Like usual when I reached the point where I am able to will my body to sleep and I start to feel the first tingles of the vibrations my mind started working. Ofcourse this completely screws up what I'm trying to do. But I figure with time and practice I will get better.

Anyway I got up after that and went to the restroom and got a drink and came back to bed to try again. I could not concentrate at all at this point and I just gave up and rolled over. Well I couldn't go to sleep.

After trying to sleep for five hours and not feeling even a little blinky I gave up and went and watched TV until I had to go to work. This is very unusual for me. I had an illness three years ago that has stayed with me and every night since i've gone to sleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

Just wondering if anyone has experience and insomnia since they started OBEing.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Oh and I have had a few images flash through my mind. One of the images actually resembled something that happened to me hours later. Might have been coincidence.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I have insomnia and never had an OBE during or because of it. Perhaps sleep deprivation, is more of a proper term for what you may be asking about. It could perhaps make the ease of REM and wakefulness easier, something I think may be required for OBE.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I've also never had insomnia after trying to astral project.

If I give up trying for that night it's usually because I'm dead tired, and fall unconscious right when I stop trying to.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Normally at any point in the day I could put my head down and be snoring in seconds but not last night. I don't know what happened. I've had a hard couple of weeks and my body must just be out of sync.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Could be, have you heard of or used biorythm. The link shows mine for example. Not going to say it is absolutely accurate, but I've found it to be more so than horoscopes.

Stress too can be a major factor in many aspects, an over balance of chemicals because of stress can cause many unhealthy effects.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Many times awhile ago I would stay up late and go to bed around 2:00 or later, I would be so tired that my body would fall asleep faster than my mind, so i would end up in sleep paraylsis, it was a perfect opportunity for OBE's, but the dark made me a little paranoid.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by imas
Just wondering if anyone has experience and insomnia since they started OBEing.

I've had similar attempts before. I would get to the point of vibrations and a slight weightlessness feeling, and then i would either wake myself up from excitement, or fall asleep right then and there. If I would up i would find it IMPOSIBLE to fall asleep in the same position i was trying to OBE in. I would turn to my left and assume a hedgehog position hahahahhah.

That usually does the trick for me... Still no OBE yet to this day.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Next if anyone plays with OBE or anything o fthe like have you tried to experiement? Like attempt to gain information not knwon to you? Answer questions not know to you? Not just like psychic prediction type stuff but try to work things out like answers to deep questions or odd math that you would not be able to do by just thinking.

I find the fact of '___' in the brain to be very interesting.

mod edit to remove drug usage remarks

[edit on 26-10-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by japike
Next if anyone plays with OBE or anything o fthe like have you tried to experiement? Like attempt to gain information not knwon to you? Answer questions not know to you? Not just like psychic prediction type stuff but try to work things out like answers to deep questions or odd math that you would not be able to do by just thinking.

I find the fact of '___' in the brain to be very interesting.

mod edit to remove drug usage remarks

[edit on 26-10-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

Finding out things not known to you is a form of OBEing, but not OBEing exactly. What you would like to read up on is something called remote viewing.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   
From what ive read the state your in between awake and asleep is the same as a being hypnotized and has been used for ages to see future events and or have great ideas.Its the same type of trance you would induce for time line therapy,past lives etc,like neuro linguistic programming.

A funny story about this is that Abraham Lincoln used to rest in his chair with a metal bowl on the floor and a few bearings in his hand,as he drifted into the trance he would get his good ideas etc and as he fell asleep the muscles in his arm would relax,dropping the bearings onto the metal bowl,awakening himself to start the process again.

[edit on 3-11-2005 by jimstradamus]

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   
When I have a connection with one whos not on this plane, I tend to wind up staying awake HOURS after it happens. I usually have these experiences when I am laying down for sleep, because I clear my mind of everything, but after it happens, I bounce off of the walls.

top topics

join