It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im a Linux command line user, I want a $100 laptop!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I'm a linux user and I also want one of the new $100 windup laptops whem they become available. Command line Linux users would love the wi-fi low voltage usage black and white display machines. How about you?

I am sure they would end up costing more than $100 for the average person and there would be a wait for non educational users.

link MIT prototype

[edit on 1-10-2005 by slackwarez]

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I love the idea of the hand crank.

Power anytime, anywhere. I wish more things came with that sort of system. It would be great if you could pull a little crank out of the bottom of your cell phone and crank up a few more minutes of talk time. Or crank up your iPod while waiting for the bus.

I saw a small radio with a crank and I thought it was fantastic. More things need these.

The machine's A-C adapter would double as a carrying strap, and a hand crank would power them when there's no electricity. They'd be foldable into more positions than traditional notebook PCs, and carried like slim lunchboxes.

For outdoor reading, their display would be able to shift from full color to glare-resistant black and white.

And surrounding it all, the laptops would have a rubber casing that closes tightly, because "they have to be absolutely indestructible," said Negroponte.

I would love to have one of these machines.
Just for the fun of trying it out............

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I believe the radio is produced by C Crane? A good idea for any disater survival kit.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   
www.ccrane.com...

Their crank radio is on the first page.
Everyone should have one of these for emergencies.

This hand crank flashlight is another cool item..........
www.jakeludington.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   
There is already a thread on this topic.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 1/10/05 by redmage]

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I always see a similar concept for a flashlight on tv, except with this one you shake it and it powers it.

It can be run over with a truck ! but wait theres more......

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Being discussed here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please contribute to the existing discussion.

Thread closed

new topics

top topics

join