It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heil Harald Huf of Germany. This is inspirational !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Harald Huf's website takes you up close and personal through his Flanker modelling feat.

su27projekt.phpbuero.de...

Brief explainations are provided in English as well as German.

Please take time to view it. The entire project is covered in 55 pages. It will leave you awestruct ... and that's for sure

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stealth Spy
Harald Huf's website takes you up close and personal through his Flanker modelling feat.

su27projekt.phpbuero.de...

Brief explainations are provided in English as well as German.

Please take time to view it. The entire project is covered in 55 pages. It will leave you awestruct ... and that's for sure

Wow thats amazing!

That guy really knows his craft, put my hat off.....

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Wow that is pretty cool! Thanks for posting it.

"You have voted Stealth Spy for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month."

That must have taken an enternity to build everything shown on the site. Knowing how much time and effort it took for a RC model that could be destroyed in an instant I don't think I would want to fly it.

Do you know if that's all that guy does for a living is make models? I bet Hollywood would use a model like the ones he built for making movies which is why I ask. His website says it's a hobby which is why I ask.

I came across these 2 pics that I though were very cool and thought I would share.

While the SU27 model is cool check out the F22

external image

You think it could takeoff with the pilot onboard?

external image

It would probably be too much work for too little reward but they should arm these models and dogfight them at their shows
Maybe they could just use a laser tag like system to prevent damage to the plane and the bystanders?

I think Harald's next project should be a SR71 or maybe some type of surveillance drone complete with cameras and all. Just think you could use it to take aerial photos, spy on the neighbors, nude beaches and god only know what else

Mod Edit: Image Size – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 4/10/2005 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   
It wasn't clear from the web site but does anyone know if he is planning on powering this impressive monster and flying it?

(I saw fuel cells mentioned but nothing about engines).

Good find Stealth Spy.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey
It wasn't clear from the web site but does anyone know if he is planning on powering this impressive monster and flying it?

(I saw fuel cells mentioned but nothing about engines).

Good find Stealth Spy.

Bottom of page 55 he sais they built in 2 JetCat P200 engines. So yeah, they are actualy planning to fly the thing.

Thrust: 45 lbs/inch² @ 112,000 RPM

Weight: 5 lbs

Diameter: 5.12 inches

RPM Range: 32,000 - 112,000 RPM
Exhaust gas temp.: 580°C-690°C

Fuel consumption: 24 oz per/min at full power

Fuel: Jet A1, 1-K kerosene

Lubrication: approximately 5% synthetic Oil in the fuel

Maintenance interval: 25 hours

[edit on 5/10/05 by thematrix]

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Looks like a museum quality model. I'll bet there are actual jet engines ( not model jet engines) that you could put into this. I saw a couple in "International Airpower Review" that were tucked under some guys armpits.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   
where is this guy located?

the us gov should hire this guy!

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Its plain as day that plane will fly, if installed all the servos and etc. Its also clear that he instends to sell them, as he set up a fairly high tech shop using carbon fiber vacuum moulds and such. Notice he has had serial number stickers made up? You dont do that for a one off.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   
hey stealth. i must say this one of ur best posts ever!!!

i would love to see a video of tht baby fly! it has to be some sight. who knows, maybe the guy might put it up once he installs the engines.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Kind of offtopice but I was just looking at the pics of the F22 Raptor model I posted above again and I couldn't help but think that a real raptor probably has a smaller RCS than the model

[edit on 5-10-2005 by warpboost]

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
some taiwanese companies have been making and selling radio controlled jet fighters kits powered by mini Jet Turbine engines.

Here's an F/A-22 :

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I would be petrified to fly such a thing. Works of absolute art, I dont care what anybody says.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Stealth Spy, Your post sparked my interest again so I did a little searchiing and I believe the company you're referring to is Skymaster. You can check out their website at www.skymasterjet.com... They have models of all kinds of fighters available. Is it possible that Heil Harold was building the molds for Skymaster??

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 06:37 AM
link   
He's from Germany. In the part that used to belong to USSR.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Ia'm sorry, but my computer wasn't able to open the URS, could you put it there again...?

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Figher Master FIN
Ia'm sorry, but my computer wasn't able to open the URS, could you put it there again...?

He seems to have altered his website . its new url is >> www.su27.de...

Here is an updated sitemap of his pages >> www.su27.de...

[edit on 20-10-2005 by Stealth Spy]

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   
CrazyOrange, I know Heil is from Germany, but I was wondering if he was building the Su27 mold for skymasters?

top topics

join