It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Guards newest advertisement

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Thats right I said 3 free down loads.

Don't know about any one else but this seems kinda pathetic. Talk about trying to grab the young ones on simple things. Sure you can get 3 free DLs but I'ld say life is more valiable than that.

www.clk4.com...

MOD EDIT: Changing your opening sentence a bit so as to avoid further confusion.

[edit on 10/1/2005 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Yes, it is pathetic. I saw a commercial last night. It had a nice looking young man talking to his dad about joining. "They will train me right here at home until they need me.", he said. Right. They call that basic training.
Surely, it will take more than what they are offering to fool most young people. I wonder how long before they impose the draft.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Free music? Wow. That's a lame way into getting more recruits. I guess they're desparate for more soldiers to be deployed all around the world eh?

How about you Americans start a mandatory military service/draft for all you young adults. Wouldn't that be great? Nawwww..It'll be violating your rights. Right?

It's hard to get more people to KILL THOSE EVIL Arabs.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Have you seen the commercial where the navy shows some family guy looking at a mini van?

They make the guy look like some shmuck for being a family type guy. They start out showing him and say some where some poor guy is buying a mini van. Then they go on to show ppl jumping from planes, playing with high tech radar stuff and running around with big guns. Seems they are trying to sway kids away from the family life and lure them in by making that kinda thing look like a big fun game.

It's realy sad how they are doing things. They at least used to make it seem honorable but now it's more of a you'll have alot of fun and be able to shoot ppl over here forget having a family.

As for the draft most likely in a few years they will do what some other countries have been doing and make it mandatory for any who are 18 and get out of school must do a 4 year run in the military first. And than if they live they can have a life later.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   
gosh...... the thousands of dollars in elistment bonuses hasn't worked so now they are going after the really really really stupid people....or should i say kids. i does sound sorta good...3 FREE downloads in trade for a few years of your life or possibly...your life.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Woah! Throw in half a chewed minty and I'm in! Where do I sign up!

When recruiters get this desperate, you know there is something they aren't telling you about the number of casualties being taken in iraq/all the other places you guys are fighting at the moment...or maybe it's just me being all cynical and conspiracyie (madeup word of the day).

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Pay me 700 billion US currency, half in Gold and I will take care of the whole thing in 7 days.

Iraq
Terrorists
EU
UN
Corrupt Politicians, Kings,Clergy, and Prime Ministers

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Um... Maybe you shouldn't take things out of context or maybe you should actually read the links provided.

Receive 3 FREE iTunes music downloads when you

So that means you fill out the information, they send you a package in the mail, and you get your three free downloads. They're not asking you to join up then and there. Calm down people!

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heartagram
How about you Americans start a mandatory military service/draft for all you young adults. Wouldn't that be great? Nawwww..It'll be violating your rights. Right?

Rights ... what rights?

Originally posted by Raist
As for the draft most likely in a few years they will do what some other countries have been doing and make it mandatory for any who are 18 and get out of school must do a 4 year run in the military first. And than if they live they can have a life later.

Here in Finland we have 6-8 months compulsory military service or civil service (only if you're a pacifist) for all men that are 18.
However, it's possible to delay it for many years

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   
dude..that's just as pathetic. Hay, i don't want you to contact me...are you sure little kid? i've got some free music for you if you will let me talk to you.................how 'bout some candy.............
since the Nat'l Gaurd has done about all they can, streching rules, hugh bonuses ect, to get prior service people into the Nat'l gaurd..now they have to work on the more gulible children.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I signed up years ago along with many others @ the time. So many people had such a hard time for years chasing the Army for their student loan money it caused quite a few of us to leave the Reserves all together once our contract was up. They will never attract intelligent people with cheesy half assed offers. They need to offer 100% tuition and 100% fee coverage to at least a state school.

They need a PR campaign that will leave no doubt in any persons mind or even older recruits (up to 41 now) that they "will" be taken care of. At 35 I would go back in, knowing down the road I would get a free ride to a state school for serving my country a second time during war.

Sgt E-5 MI Light fighter

[edit on 1-10-2005 by slackwarez]

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   
My, how it has become taboo to join your nation’s military.

Anyway, the ones that really want to join will do so no matter what they are offering, I say they focus on those people instead of going after individuals who will go to Canada at the first sign of duty. As for the commercials, well the military is a business just like any other, they have to market their name. How else are they going to compete with people protesting outside army medial hospitals bashing war veterans.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I think I'd download Ride of the Valkyries.

Oh well I guess being contacted about it and getting free stuff is similar to how the army gave tshirts away when you wanted information too. Nobody threw a fit about that. I guess if it was 3 downloads for the price of your soul, then it'd be a little different, it's just for asking to get the info and be contacted by a recruiter. Maybe the people who might do it just for the music will learn something. Really if someone is going to join the National Guard because of 3 songs then they need their heads examined.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Im not sure if they did this in the past but the National Gaurd came to the high school I goto and talked with the seniors at the high school. They were trying to recruit them.

top topics

join