It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
BALI, Indonesia - Several near-simultaneous explosions occurred Saturday in tourist areas of Bali island, injuring at least three Westerners, a private Indonesian radio station said.
At least three blasts occurred along Jimbaran beach, which is lined with seafood restaurants commonly frequented by tourists, El Shinta radio reported. Witnesses saw at least three bloodied Westerners leaving the scene, the station said
Another explosion hit downtown Kuta, about 18 miles away, the radio said.
Several near-simultaneous explosions occurred Saturday in tourist areas of Bali island, injuring at least three Westerners, a private Indonesian radio station said.
At least three blasts occurred along Jimbaran beach, which is lined with seafood restaurants commonly frequented by tourists, El Shinta radio reported. Witnesses saw at least three bloodied Westerners leaving the scene, the station said.
Originally posted by kenshiro2012
You beat me to it there shots
Here is what I have so far
"Our officers are on their way to the site. We don't know yet what happened exactly," Ruda, an official at Bali police headquarters, told Reuters.
Peter Holden of Gosford on the central coast of New South Wales says he received an SMS message from his daughter Donna, who lives in Bali, telling him about the explosions.
He says she has reported several fatalities.
"There have been at least two bombs gone off in Jimbaran in restaurants and those kind of restaurants are restaurants populated by tourists in the main," he said.
"And then a more recent report just a moment ago that there's also reports of another bomb in Kuta Square. That's a pretty busy tourist area."
MANY DEAD IN BALI BLASTS
At least nine people are feared dead after two suspected terror attacks on the popular tourist island of Bali, it is reported.
Two explosions have been confirmed in Jimbaran beach and the Kuta area, where 202 people died in terrorist bombings nearly three years to the day.
Reports say as many as 100 people may have been injured. There are no reports of British casualties
AN Australian doctor says some of his group of friends from the New South Wales city of Newcastle who were holidaying in Bali had been killed in last night's terrorist bombings.
Dr Adam Frost said he had been holidaying in Bali with nine couples, all friends from Newcastle, and many of them had been hit by the terrorist bombs at Jimbaran Bay. "I basically only know about the families from Newcastle, nine couples from Newcastle," he told ABC radio.
"They're all in various states of injuries. Some didn't survive.
"I'm waiting to go to the morgue to identify them."
A distraught Dr Frost said he had not been called into hospital to help with the wounded.
"It all happened at Jimbaran Bay. I didn't get called in. I came with the people," he said.
"I came to check on my friends."
He said there were few burns but most of the injured had schrapnel wounds.
ABC radio reported that Australian photographer Jason Childs, who has lived in Bali for 12 years, was having dinner in his house when he heard the first blast at Jimbaran Bay, just 200m away.
THE sister of Schapelle Corby, the Australian jailed in Indonesia for drug smuggling, has described the chaotic scene in a Bali hospital after bomb blasts on the island killed 32 people and wounded more than 100.
Mercedes Corby, who lives in Bali, told the Nine Network today she had visited some of the blast victims in hospital, including four Australians.
Ms Corby said she had some medical training and was "able to help as best I could".
"I went in one of the first police trucks with a girl who was badly injured to the hospital," she said.
"(There were) lots of shrapnel wounds and cuts and scratches.
"This girl I had (travelled with to hospital), half of her face was gone.
TWO Australians associated with the high-profile drugs cases of Australians Michelle Leslie and Schapelle Corby have witnessed the horrific aftermath of the overnight bombings in Bali.
Photographer Sean Mulcahy, a friend of model Michelle Leslie, who is facing drug possession charges in Bali, was quickly at the scene of bombings in Bali's Kuta and Jimbaran villages.
"There's a lot of injuries, a lot of horrific injuries, particularly in Kuta," Mr Mulcahy told ABC radio.
"We spent the night travelling around through various sites. We went to Jimbaran which was an equally devastating scene.
"Bodies were still being brought out of there some four hours later."
Mr Mulcahy said he bumped into Mercedes Corby, the sister of convicted drug trafficker Schapelle, and said she was one of the first to attend on the scene in Kuta.
"She told me that she was attending to a lady and the lady had died in her arms," he said.