It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Bali Bombings Leave 24 Dead - 95 Injured

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Associated Press is reporting that a series of 3 or four explosions have gone off in Bali injuring at least 95 while killing at least 24. A Terror expert had warned of a possible attack on Thursday.

CNN.News

JAKARTA, Indonesia (AP) -- A string of blasts on the Indonesian resort island of Bali on Saturday killed at least 24 people and wounded about 95 others, hospital officials said.

Foreign Ministry spokesman Marty Natalegawa told CNN it appeared the blasts were "the work of terrorists."

Australia's Foreign Minister Alexander Downer told Austrialia's ABC radio that one Australian was among those killed.

The blasts happened in Jimbaran and Kuta, the top tourist spots on the island, and Natalegawa said reports indicated the blasts appeared to have occurred just minutes apart.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

al-Qaeda-linked JI bombed two Kuta nightclubs in October 2002 killing 202 people, including 88 Australians.

Does not sound good at all.

Related News Links:
www.news.com.au

[edit on 10/1/05 by FredT]

[edit on 1-10-2005 by asala]

[edit on 10/1/2005 by shots]

[edit on 1-10-2005 by Nerdling]

[edit on 6-10-2005 by Nerdling]

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 07:54 AM
link   
You beat me to it there shots

Here is what I have so far

BALI, Indonesia - Several near-simultaneous explosions occurred Saturday in tourist areas of Bali island, injuring at least three Westerners, a private Indonesian radio station said.
At least three blasts occurred along Jimbaran beach, which is lined with seafood restaurants commonly frequented by tourists, El Shinta radio reported. Witnesses saw at least three bloodied Westerners leaving the scene, the station said
Another explosion hit downtown Kuta, about 18 miles away, the radio said.

Explosions rock tourist areas of Bali island

Several near-simultaneous explosions occurred Saturday in tourist areas of Bali island, injuring at least three Westerners, a private Indonesian radio station said.
At least three blasts occurred along Jimbaran beach, which is lined with seafood restaurants commonly frequented by tourists, El Shinta radio reported. Witnesses saw at least three bloodied Westerners leaving the scene, the station said.

At least three blasts occurred along Jimbaran beach, which is lined with seafood restaurants commonly frequented by tourists, El Shinta radio reported. Witnesses saw at least three bloodied Westerners leaving the scene, the station said.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by kenshiro2012
You beat me to it there shots

Here is what I have so far

Thanks for the update fortunately your update and my newest now show more details.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   

www.abc.net.au...

"Our officers are on their way to the site. We don't know yet what happened exactly," Ruda, an official at Bali police headquarters, told Reuters.

Peter Holden of Gosford on the central coast of New South Wales says he received an SMS message from his daughter Donna, who lives in Bali, telling him about the explosions.

He says she has reported several fatalities.

"There have been at least two bombs gone off in Jimbaran in restaurants and those kind of restaurants are restaurants populated by tourists in the main," he said.

"And then a more recent report just a moment ago that there's also reports of another bomb in Kuta Square. That's a pretty busy tourist area."

Fatalities have been reported though not officially as yet.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Oh christ not again!

This is bad............ this is very very bad.

They've only just started to recover from the last bombings in Bali.......... this will crush the place for sure.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Unconfirmed reports out of Bali are now reporting possibly ten or more have been killed yet police are very silent on just what happened.

CNN is now carrying live update.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Update:

UK Response teams are on there way to bali,

AP, Are reporting that 19 people have been killed, and possible 51 injured

35 Foreigners known to be wounded,

www.sky.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Sadly the dead toll has now reached at least 19 dead

I'm sat watching the SKYNEWS and they have said that it IS 19 now dead and 51 injured.

The President of Ind" WAS pre-warned of bombing attacks ????????

MANY DEAD IN BALI BLASTS

At least nine people are feared dead after two suspected terror attacks on the popular tourist island of Bali, it is reported.

Two explosions have been confirmed in Jimbaran beach and the Kuta area, where 202 people died in terrorist bombings nearly three years to the day.

SkyNEWS

Mod Edit: Put cited material in quote box and reduced size

[edit on 10/1/05 by FredT]

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Picture of the site

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Not good,

A man on Skynews who was talking from Bali says that there was 3 explosions,

Anyone worried about family are being told to email skynews,

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
CNN is now carrying updates on the story and get this they are releasing the names of the two Australians that were Killed... Talk about callous reporting. Given the current time and the time it happened it would be impossible to have notified all members of their families.

I sure hope they do not learn of their tragic deaths via the news. This is totally uncalled for.

[edit on 10/1/2005 by shots]

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
2 confirmed bomb-explosion's and 3 other bombs found !

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
This comes just 11 days short of the 3 year anniversary date of the last bombings.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Bali hospital are saying At least 21 people killed in the blast.

71 injured in 3 hospitals.

Those thought to be affected by the blast so far are people from the USA, Australia,Japan, and possible UK among others

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Reports say as many as 100 people may have been injured. There are no reports of British casualties

[edit on 1-10-2005 by blackwidow666]

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Sean Mulchary a Journalist was just on CNN and reported that he and two friends had reservations for dinner at the Noodle Restaurant that was hit and he noted the restaurant appeared to be overflowing when they arrived so they walked around the corner and sat down at another only to hear the bomb explode. Needless to say he is very thankful of the choice they made and said had they not made it they would be dead now.

He also described scenes at the hospitals with people walking around injured, dazed, without limbs and he described it as pure carnage.

Further more he said this will be the final nail in the coffin if you will for the tourist area.

Many people have been seen running from hotels with bags in hand shouting I will never come back.

It is very sad these attackers managed to set off the carnage knowing that the government had warnings and did nothing about them.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
this is very sad news, we had two family friends that were supposed to be going over on monday to bali, they were staying in kuta, thankfully they have decided to look over their options and may not go to bali anymore.

my condolences go to the families of the deceased and injured.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   

www.news.com.au...

AN Australian doctor says some of his group of friends from the New South Wales city of Newcastle who were holidaying in Bali had been killed in last night's terrorist bombings.
Dr Adam Frost said he had been holidaying in Bali with nine couples, all friends from Newcastle, and many of them had been hit by the terrorist bombs at Jimbaran Bay. "I basically only know about the families from Newcastle, nine couples from Newcastle," he told ABC radio.
"They're all in various states of injuries. Some didn't survive.
"I'm waiting to go to the morgue to identify them."
A distraught Dr Frost said he had not been called into hospital to help with the wounded.
"It all happened at Jimbaran Bay. I didn't get called in. I came with the people," he said.
"I came to check on my friends."
He said there were few burns but most of the injured had schrapnel wounds.
ABC radio reported that Australian photographer Jason Childs, who has lived in Bali for 12 years, was having dinner in his house when he heard the first blast at Jimbaran Bay, just 200m away.

www.news.com.au...

THE sister of Schapelle Corby, the Australian jailed in Indonesia for drug smuggling, has described the chaotic scene in a Bali hospital after bomb blasts on the island killed 32 people and wounded more than 100.
Mercedes Corby, who lives in Bali, told the Nine Network today she had visited some of the blast victims in hospital, including four Australians.
Ms Corby said she had some medical training and was "able to help as best I could".
"I went in one of the first police trucks with a girl who was badly injured to the hospital," she said.
"(There were) lots of shrapnel wounds and cuts and scratches.
"This girl I had (travelled with to hospital), half of her face was gone.

www.news.com.au...

TWO Australians associated with the high-profile drugs cases of Australians Michelle Leslie and Schapelle Corby have witnessed the horrific aftermath of the overnight bombings in Bali.
Photographer Sean Mulcahy, a friend of model Michelle Leslie, who is facing drug possession charges in Bali, was quickly at the scene of bombings in Bali's Kuta and Jimbaran villages.
"There's a lot of injuries, a lot of horrific injuries, particularly in Kuta," Mr Mulcahy told ABC radio.
"We spent the night travelling around through various sites. We went to Jimbaran which was an equally devastating scene.
"Bodies were still being brought out of there some four hours later."
Mr Mulcahy said he bumped into Mercedes Corby, the sister of convicted drug trafficker Schapelle, and said she was one of the first to attend on the scene in Kuta.
"She told me that she was attending to a lady and the lady had died in her arms," he said.

The death toll is rising rapidly to 32 now

[edit on 1-10-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Not only is this bad news for the people involved its bad for Bali and Indonesia as well.

Koreans and Japanese were killed, which will cut out a huge market for tourists, just as the last one cut out the Australians and New Zealanders.

Also Indonesia let out the mastermind of the last bali attack recently, against the wishes of Australia, they will have to be MUCH harder on the people involved in this attack. Any sympathy for their cause among the leaders will be totally gone now. Economically alone this will screw them up.

[edit on 1-10-2005 by Netchicken]

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I can't believe anyone in their right mind would go to Indonesia on vacation after the bombings, the release of the mastermind, and what happened to that Australian girl with the marijuana conviction.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join