It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal Media or State-Run Media?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Seems to me our media is state-run.

Some think it's run by liberals. For example, when I was attending a Baptist church, I mentioned to my pastor (a Bush yes-man) about Bush and Skull and Bones. He chided me about listening to the liberal media. Yet Kerry admitted to being a member...and you hardly ever hear it mentioned in the media.

Funny how when you say something negative about BushCo, you get accused of watching the liberal media...but you actually got it off an alternate news site, and it's a bit of news the media wouldn't touch with a ten-foot pole if they want to stay employed.

I think the media is state-run. You're not told anything they don't want you to know...and they twist things around.

You'd think the "liberal" media would have covered the anti-war rally. They were strangely silent on that. You'd think the "liberal" media would have been salivating over covering such an event.

All they're good for, IMO, is pushing off the false left/right paradigm onto everyone. And I don't watch any of them.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Assuming here, but your obviously trying to defend liberal media here?

seekerof

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   
The media is played by the politicians and government in general. It makes no difference liberal/conservative whatever. If they want information on a story they are often required to play ball with others who have information they need. A trade so to speak.

It is the unspoken rule of, "If you do this, I'll reward you with that."

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Assuming here, but your obviously trying to defend liberal media here?

seekerof

More like I'm asking, is there really a such thing? I'm asking, is it "liberal" or is it state-run?

I say state-run. They're just pro-establishment the way I see it.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Well to put an outside spin on things, when i watch the US news channels on Sky over here in the UK i sometimes p*** myself laughing at how blatently biased it is compared to our news channels.

But that's my opinion.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amethyst
More like I'm asking, is there really a such thing? I'm asking, is it "liberal" or is it state-run?

I say state-run. They're just pro-establishment the way I see it.

The media is a commercial enterprise owned and operated by huge multinational corporations. So is "the state."

So they just happen to have the same boss. This is real. It's not only obvious, it's common sense.

The conspiracy theorists that say "liberals" run the media, really don't have a good understanding of capitalism at all. I think that paranoid pill popper RUSH really messed them up in the 90's with all his crazy talk.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
The conspiracy theorists that say "liberals" run the media, really don't have a good understanding of capitalism at all. I think that paranoid pill popper RUSH really messed them up in the 90's with all his crazy talk.

Yeah, every time I try to tell someone the truth about Bush they chalk it up to The Liberal Media.

I think Rush is a nut too btw. More like a tool.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
"Liberal media" is basically a psyops buzzword to keep the masses bickering over a bunch of nothing,,,the proverbial destract, divide, and conquer ploy.

You're somewhat right that it's state run, but in actuality it is corporate. Dept of Defense is corporate, Whitehouse is corporate, the Judicial Branches and Legislative branches are all corporate. Matter fact, it's all corporate
ie Corporations own it all.

Gods honest truth

Even in foreign lands, and the UN. Corporate

Dont be suckered into saying "Liberal Media" it really makes one look like a parrot that cant say anything else but, Liberal

I d rather you call it what it really is
Disney Media
Pepsi Co Media
Coca Cola Media
Haliburton Media
Silverstein Properties Media
Dell Media
IBM Media
General Electric Media
Cingular Wirless Media
SBC Media
Time Warner Media
you get the idea

[edit on 1-10-2005 by magnito_student]

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 11:23 PM
link   
i like to call it technology media, the government runs the corperations with network linkage tech that follows any and all information coming through the pipeline. catogrizing media dossiers to keep it all in tact. just my theory ie opinion. just like the internet dossiers, that pump echelons of code based systems integration to keep tabs on all we do and say here, there has got to be a much more blantent system of media consolodation and control given the fact its far older then the internet.

[edit on 1-10-2005 by sturod84]

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by magnito_student
"Liberal media" is basically a psyops buzzword to keep the masses bickering over a bunch of nothing,,,the proverbial destract, divide, and conquer ploy.

I totally agree! Unfortunately too many of my fellow Christian conservatives fall for that one hook, line, and sinker.

You're somewhat right that it's state run, but in actuality it is corporate. Dept of Defense is corporate, Whitehouse is corporate, the Judicial Branches and Legislative branches are all corporate. Matter fact, it's all corporate
ie Corporations own it all.

Wasn't it Mussolini who said that fascism should be called corporatism? We're headed for a fascist government anyway. In fact, I think you coined it better than I did.

I d rather you call it what it really is
Disney Media
Pepsi Co Media
Coca Cola Media
Haliburton Media
Silverstein Properties Media
Dell Media
IBM Media
General Electric Media
Cingular Wirless Media
SBC Media
Time Warner Media
you get the idea

How about Ministry of Truth Media?

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   

I think the media is state-run. You're not told anything they don't want you to know...and they twist things around.

Please stuff comes out all the time in the media that hurts people in Office. Abu ghraib, Monica, Watergate just to name a few. Do you really think they wanted that stuff to come out?

Take a look at real State Run medias like in China look for how many scandals are uncovered by the media there or how many even portray them in a negative light.

The media is indeed biased but on both ends of the spectrum. Fox News and CNN for example look into who owns them and there political standing and its quite clear.

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

Please stuff comes out all the time in the media that hurts people in Office. Abu ghraib, Monica, Watergate just to name a few. Do you really think they wanted that stuff to come out?

And why not? I liken politics to pro-wrestling. My dad always told me that the wrestlers were buddies, but on TV they trash each other and it's basically all an act.

And I think that when it comes to politics, there are no accidents.

new topics

top topics

join