It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Mind-Numbingly Stupid Quotes by Tom DeLay

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I knew he was a crook, but I had no idea he was so... Bush-like in his thinking...

Quotes

1) "So many minority youths had volunteered…that there was literally no room for patriotic folks like myself." --Tom DeLay, explaining at the 1988 GOP convention why he and vice presidential nominee Dan Quayle did not fight in the Vietnam War
3) "I AM the federal government." –Tom DeLay, to the owner of Ruth's Chris Steak House, after being told to put out his cigar because of federal government regulations banning smoking in the building, May 14, 2003
7) "A woman can take care of the family. It takes a man to provide structure. To provide stability. Not that a woman can't provide stability, I'm not saying that... It does take a father, though." -Tom DeLay, in a radio interview, Feb. 10, 2004

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
You forgot some of the better ones:

6) "Guns have little or nothing to do with juvenile violence. The causes of youth violence are working parents who put their kids into daycare, the teaching of evolution in the schools, and working mothers who take birth control pills." –Tom DeLay, on causes of the Columbine High School massacre, 1999

9) "Emotional appeals about working families trying to get by on $4.25 an hour [the minimum wage in 1996] are hard to resist. Fortunately, such families do not exist." –Tom DeLay, during a debate in Congress on increasing the minimum wage, April 23, 1996

Glad to know my mom and I didn't exist, nor most of my friends and their families. And I'll have to keep in mind that when I have kids, by putting them into daycare while we're working and their mother is on the pill so we don't have more mouths to support, I'll be making them ready to massacre their classmates.

Just out of honest curiousity, what has DeLay done that could actually be considered "good" across the board? I think the only things I've ever heard is stuff like this, either a joke or a jab at him.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Benevolent Heretic, for one who has previously and repeatedly asserted that you do not have any political affiliation or leanings, each and every day, you prove to the contrary.

seekerof

Majic's Political Easter Egg: Be the first to post the date on which Tom DeLay resigned from the House of Representatives in this thread and send Majic a U2U with a link to your post, and you will be awarded 500 PTS points.

[edit on 7/15/2006 by Majic]

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Seekerof,

ehh..
It's just Tom's turn as the dartboard...the talking pioints memo's were distributed
last week..
I think He'll survive, and probably prosper politically, when this chapter of the witch hunt is over...

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Benevolent Heretic, for one who has previously and repeatedly asserted that you do not have any political affiliation or leanings, each and every day, you prove to the contrary.
seekerof

While I have never been affiliated with a political party, I don't think it's true to say that I have claimed to have no leanings.

I have said I lean toward the liberal side of things and I most closely fit with the Libertarian standpoint. So your statement is incorrect. If you have read any of my posts, it's clear that I do not approve of this administration and the tight-knit group of criminals who are running things, regardless of their party. I've been very up-front about what I think about the issues.

No political party has exclusive rights on stupitidy. My opinion of Tom Delay as a moron has nothing to do with his political party. He's in the news. I ran across this article, I posted it.

And finally, I have never registered with a political party. That's a fact.

If you have something to say to me, perhaps a U2U would be more appropriate.

Edited to take a bit of the edge off.

[edit on 30-9-2005 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   
6) "Guns have little or nothing to do with juvenile violence. The causes of youth violence are working parents who put their kids into daycare, the teaching of evolution in the schools, and working mothers who take birth control pills." –Tom DeLay, on causes of the Columbine High School massacre, 1999

---

Damn...

Day care did it? Evolution as well? And the birth control?

Damn...I best go buy a gun, alert my sisters who both earn over £60k a year that we need to go shoot soem folks or Mr. DeLay will cry himself to sleep.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odium

---

Damn...

Day care did it? Evolution as well? And the birth control?

Damn...I best go buy a gun, alert my sisters who both earn over £60k a year that we need to go shoot soem folks or Mr. DeLay will cry himself to sleep.

Well, that was an easy jab, wasn't it? You all know (at least I hope you do) that he was referring to moral/spiritual decay as a contributor to violence. Sure, he didn't do a good job of saying it, but pretending you have no clue what he was trying to say doesn't make you look much smarter.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout
Well, that was an easy jab, wasn't it? You all know (at least I hope you do) that he was referring to moral/spiritual decay as a contributor to violence. Sure, he didn't do a good job of saying it, but pretending you have no clue what he was trying to say doesn't make you look much smarter.

No where in that does it mention 'Spiritual Decay', in fact I am sure many spiritual people were placed in Day care, problem 'Faith Based' Day care programs and I am sure many of them have been taught evolution and many of their mothers have taken birth control to stop having more children to feed. Yet are spiritual.

It was a cheap jab at working class families....pure and simple.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 09:09 AM
link   
He'd rather have mommy at home wiht 10 kids, daddy at work 50 hours at that low paying job, and the US taxpayer footing the bill.....just so he can gripe about those "single welfare moms"

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Is something about Mr. Tom DeLay that you all need to know, he has earned through his hard work selling and buying American for the Republican party the right to be as pompous and arrogant as Pat Roberto
son.

They both from the same material and has been cutted by the same pattern.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Majic's Political Easter Egg: Be the first to post the date on which Tom DeLay resigned from the House of Representatives in this thread and send Majic a U2U with a link to your post, and you will be awarded 500 PTS points.

[edit on 7/15/2006 by Majic]
DeLay resigned from the House of Representatives on June 9

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Majic's Political Easter Eggs

Originally posted by JohnDoe43
DeLay resigned from the House of Representatives on June 9

Your 500 PTS Points will be paid without DeLay! (nyuck nyuck nyuck)

new topics

top topics

join