It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaz's Wedding Pics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I'm not sure I ever posted these here...but in any case, here's the link:

home.tampabay.rr.com...

As some may or may not know, I'm still "technically" a newlywed (a little under 2 years now), and our wedding was on an episode of TLC's (The Learning Channel's) "A Wedding Story". I was looking at the pics for a reason I won't go into too much (putting together a surprise for the wife using them)....and wasn't sure I ever put them here....

The wedding website is home.tampabay.rr.com...

[edit on 30-9-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
What an awesome theme, Gaz. That looks like everyone had a lot of fun. You all look so gorgeous, even that dude with the goat in all the pix...

Sweet deal, dude. Show those things off!

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Those are great, the theme is great. Very nice looking couple.

Good luck to you!

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
What beautiful pictures
And what a beautiful bride!

(ok, ok, the groom wasn't bad either
)

And...it was on TLC?

I know someone famous!!!!

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
The whole thing about being on TV is pretty cool. Your wedding cake is freakin' huge..............................and expensive looking!!!!

The best part was your's and your wife's backstory......very moving. The way you proposed was great! It looks like there might have been a lot of swords at your wedding. I guess in this case swords and alcohol mixed hopefully.
No drunken duels I hope.

Peace

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
awwwwww

congratz man

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Very cool man!

My wife loves that show! I hope the repeat your story again soon!!

Congratulations!!!

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
That is very cool! Your wife is beautiful! Is her dress velvet? White velvet? It's just gorgeous! Thanks for posting this!

Edit: It is velvet! I just read it on the wedding site. Cool!

[edit on 30-9-2005 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I think I told you before, but I'll say it again

I WANT THAT CAKE!!!!!!! Yummmmmmm

great pics gaz

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   

The whole thing about being on TV is pretty cool. Your wedding cake is freakin' huge..............................and expensive looking!!!!

home.tampabay.rr.com...
pic of the cake...not showing for some reason, so linking instead...
(you may need to copy and paste the URL in, for some strange reason)

Well, mom is a professional cake decorator, hehe...and has been since I was a kid. I've designed many cakes for her too (layout, construction, etc.) and this design (it's my own) was one I always dreamed of having when getting married....
She about slapped me when I showed her the design, hehe....as she offered the cake as a wedding gift!

Yes, my wife's dress and train was velvet.... She also handmade her veil and my cloak (black velvet with blue satin lining), as well as the alteration (added panels) to my pants.

Between my friends and I, also medieval buffs, we probably have about 3 dozen assorted swords,
so that was pretty easy to come by.....

No drunken duels I hope.

Funny you should mention it. We recently got the actual tape from Banyan Productions (with gaps where they put commercials), and the producers actually put the sword-fight scene (which never aired) on the tape! I'm working on making a few tapes to send out on a mailing list, but my double-decker VCR bit it a while back, and I never really thought to replace it... I'll let everyone know as soon as I get copies made. I'd also like to add some of the home-shot footage to it also, but need to edit...

[edit on 30-9-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Lucky, lucky fellow Gaz. And blessed in some special way as well.
You two should get married more often (Yes, to each other.)

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 04:27 AM
link   
DUDE!!!.....thats freaking awesome.....what a cool theme....especially loving the giant castle!!!......tooooo cool mate.

regards, and hope things continue to stay great!

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Good stuff! Looks like you had a load of fun! Thanks for sharing

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 05:32 AM
link   
These pics look great! What a cool wedding! Looks so much better than the boring ones I've been to!

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   
That's just it, we wanted people to have fun at our wedding. I just wish the weather cooperated better, hehe... Still though, I was surprised that the majority really took the theme to heart and came in costume. Dozens in Ren garb, at a castle, pretty damn cool...

We do plan to renow vows, either on the 5th year or the 10th, depending on finances. So far, the idea is a Titanic theme (my wife has always been fascinated with the Titanic, and yes way before the film). Period dress and all, and there's a Titanic museum not too far away, that has a replica of the grand staircase, etc. The invitations would be like tickets, rent replica china, etc. (for a smaller number though, of course, less than 50 total).

I've already designed the cake (any guesses!
) and yes, my mom will likely want to slap me again... The easiest way will probably have the hull being styrofoam and then covered with icing, while the actual cake part will be the tiered decks, since fewer people. On the castle cake, only the base square (where the fountain sat) was styrofoam, the rest were various cake flavors (such as white with strawberry filling, amaretto with mocha filling, white with chocalate mousse filling, etc.). And yes, it was just as delicious as it looked! Most people took a few slice boxes home, hehe...

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Great Wedding theme; that would have been perfect for a pair of goblets I have made out of pewter of a bride and groom. When they are put together they are holding hands.

But that theme was the best I have seen yet as far as innovation wise and even though I am 2 years late, Congrats.

new topics

top topics

join