It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Go for a spin" Takes on New Meaning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Source:
www.cnn.com...

TOKYO (Reuters) - Tired of all those three-point turns? Nissan Motor Co. could have a solution.

Japan's second-biggest auto manufacturer has developed a concept car featuring an egg-shaped cabin atop a wheeled platform that can swivel 360 degrees, doing away with the need to reverse when emerging from narrow spaces.

"With this feature, parking in tight spots is a cinch," chief designer Masato Inoue told reporters at a sneak preview of the bubble-shaped, three-seater electric car this week.

An interesting idea, but I'm waiting to see what happens when it goes haywire driving on the freeway
Between this and the Nintendo Revolution controller, I'm beginning to wonder if there's anything the Japanese can't do...other than teach their actors to match their mouths with the script

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be awesome if the pod would eject in the event of a crash? Anyway, yes, the Japanese are pretty much paving the way for the future. And it's just beginning.

NFC

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Yh i agree i mean what the USA have secretly is proberly nothing compared to the Japanese.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
They stole the idea from Mork & Mindy, I think... (Mork... Egg... git it? git it? C'mon... someone's gotta be laughing!)

there have been several other vehicles that have been made to do this same thing... I believe it was a britich car that had a 5th wheel under the rear bumpber that would descend and allow the car to swivel out of a bumper-to-bumper parking space. Jeep made the dual-hemi vehicle that was made to do a 0* Radius turn via independent wheel steering, as well...

top topics

join