It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

problem with microphone/headphones

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
i brought a set of headphones with a mic for teamspeak on online games. the headphones come with two 3.5mm connectors, one for the headphones and one for the mic. however, since i don't use my onboard soundcard on my motherboard, i haven't found a way to use the mic. i use an m-audio firewire audiophile and can plug the headphones in to listen to music etc, however, i've found no way of getting a signal in from the mic.

anyone think they can help??

cheers.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Whenever I try to use a mic on my computer it never works straight away.

After messing around with windows volume control, set it to recording, un mute microphone, and then messing around with the Creative options it eventually works.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Remember that the only way that a microphone works in a multiplayer game is if you set the gain all the way up, hold it less then 1/8th of an inch from your mouth, and scream as loud as possible into the mic. Also be sure to properly express yourself using four-letter words, vulgarities, and racial/ethnic/sexual slurs.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   
And dont turn it off when your eating, I know a sandwich washed down by some beer is good, but we dont want to hear it.

top topics

join